k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by Ebumdude View Post
    Do you happen to read the Whitepaper of anything you invest in at all? Unless you have money in BTC and some others that have been around for a few years, you are waiting for the tech to get started from the ground floor.

2-3 years is the time it takes from ICO to mainnet launch or product launch.

The technology had been in public hands for 10 years, yes you are correct. However, the technology is still evolving.

Take your iPhone for instance....

iphone has had been around since what, 07’? Did the first iPhone perform like the iPhones of today? No sir.

Imagine all the patient investors when Apple, Google and Amazon started....they don’t even know what struggling is anymore.

Find a tech that you believe in. Invest in said believed tech. Patience through the shitty times. Reward at the end game.

Everyone wants a lambo overnight....doesn’t work like that.
    Original Iphone basically did everything the new one does.
    Just small upgrades.

end of the day it was a phone with internet.

Useful.

All these coins are basically useless for the most part and that won't change in the future.

Apple, Google, Amazon had something....

People can just use CC/Paypal for transactions, faster and cheaper.

I own cryptos but end of the day it is just speculation for a higher price .

Ebumdude
    HTX
    Ebumdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I'm all for distributed currencies. Think they have potential to change the world. Well I did think that at one stage. Before everyone sold out to traditional corporates or acted like Bitcoin Core and made sure the tech could not develop to line your own pockets.

And yes I have read the original white paper. Probably long before you even heard the word blockchain.

What do you imagine is going to appear in 2-3 years that will be useful to the public and/or extend the original vision of a true distributed currency for the world?

I will be the first to admit that you have read whitepaper before I even said the word blockchain, lol.

We are far from a centralized currency as there is almost $37tn in fiat alone worldwide. I doubt we will see it in our lifetime, however our kids or grandkids might. (just my opinion)

As for the tech itself being useful for the public..

I do not look at BTC or ETH and see it as a form of currency. I see them as an investment vehicle. For example; you purchase BTC or ETH using fiat. You take the BTC OR ETH and move it onto an exchange. From there, most ppl convert digital asset into a different form of tech.

When people say most alt coins are shit, they are right. MOST alt coins are indeed shit and are just a copycat of something else.

Some techs (coins) that can be useful for the public that are already out there or are still building for launch are the ones that actually serve a purpose. Healthcare, real estate, transaction speed, etc.

When hunting for said purposeful alt coin techs; you have to give yourself some parameters.

A) the coin cannot be in the current top ten total market cap
    B) coin must be tradable on trusted market or exchange
    C) coin can’t be related to ponzi or multi level marketing

dont ask “is it possible for said coin to go 1000x in one year?”

do ask “if it were possible, what would the coin need to have?”

A) does the coin have a solid team behind the tech or is it just Joe-Bob from Virginia in his basement?
    B) is their technology solid or at least unique?
    C) is this company going to take 5yrs to launch or is it in the near future?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9237

I will be the first to admit that you have read whitepaper before I even said the word blockchain, lol.

We are far from a centralized currency as there is almost $37tn in fiat alone worldwide. I doubt we will see it in our lifetime, however our kids or grandkids might. (just my opinion)

As for the tech itself being useful for the public..

I do not look at BTC or ETH and see it as a form of currency. I see them as an investment vehicle. For example; you purchase BTC or ETH using fiat. You take the BTC OR ETH and move it onto an exchange. From there, most ppl convert digital asset into a different form of tech.

When people say most alt coins are shit, they are right. MOST alt coins are indeed shit and are just a copycat of something else.

Some techs (coins) that can be useful for the public that are already out there or are still building for launch are the ones that actually serve a purpose. Healthcare, real estate, transaction speed, etc.

When hunting for said purposeful alt coin techs; you have to give yourself some parameters.

A) the coin cannot be in the current top ten total market cap
    B) coin must be tradable on trusted market or exchange
    C) coin can’t be related to ponzi or multi level marketing

dont ask “is it possible for said coin to go 1000x in one year?”

do ask “if it were possible, what would the coin need to have?”

A) does the coin have a solid team behind the tech or is it just Joe-Bob from Virginia in his basement?
    B) is their technology solid or at least unique?
    C) is this company going to take 5yrs to launch or is it in the near future?
    I guess this is an investment thread mostly. So it's fine to think of it like that. But the speculation driven path Bitcoin has taken is exactly what has scotched the true usefulness of it IMHO.

Banks and corporates have control of the path more than developers now.

My biggest disappointment with the tech so far is that no one has produced a fully decentralized betting platform. Blockchain seemed designed for that almost as an obvious application.

jimmy007oc
    jimmy007oc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15040

I guess this is an investment thread mostly. So it's fine to think of it like that. But the speculation driven path Bitcoin has taken is exactly what has scotched the true usefulness of it IMHO.

Banks and corporates have control of the path more than developers now.

My biggest disappointment with the tech so far is that no one has produced a fully decentralized betting platform. Blockchain seemed designed for that almost as an obvious application.
    Have you checked Wagerr?

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Cryptos as an investment vehicle go against everything that crypto was meant for

Does not mean that I don't intend on making money doing so

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8987

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy007oc View Post
    Have you checked Wagerr?
    Appears they are close to releasing betting on their blockchain. As for the "fully decentralized" part, who knows how far off into the future that is.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Just wanted to re share a couple of posts...

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    If you are holding something like Bitcoin and are currently under water then cut your losses or expect to be under water for a while.

While the market cap created a lot of buzz and they started calling it an asset class, it isn't a currency, as was mentioned.

It is, sort of, but not when you look at it from an investment sense.

You will not be able to compete with the farms in China and you can only hope to be a part of the bigger money that fuks with this market.

The real money, the big boys, the real investors that asses quality and technical aspects, and command real market moving money, are not going to be there for you guys.

Bitcoin is not a good investment, and hasn't been for a while.

If you have it cheap, it is the future, or something like it. In that respect you may have a long term hold.

But truthfully, there are far better investments out there now that will create a real return and are backed by billion dollar hedge fund market movers.

Yeah, there are big players in BTC, but it's child's play and that asset class is not getting into the club, for now.

As far as a payment processor, Bitcoin has no volume, none, and can't handle even a fraction of the hourly or minute volume of major card companies currently in the space.

BitCoin is not a player, and won't be for a long time...
    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    That money holders need to come back in is not there, like I said, it has moved on to far better investment, for now.

Those chinese crypto farms should be enough to scare a holder away.

And like I said, when it comes to the payment processing space, Bitcoin doesn't even have the infrastructure to compete at even 1/10 the volume of the big guys.

A long way to go for Bitcoin.

I believe blockchain is the future and suggest those ICO's in advertising and AI realms.

But for now, money is speaking elsewhere with these cryptos as an after thought...
    It's going to be long haul and if the big guys can get clearance, things can cleanup a bit, it could go up.

But this is a long term proposition right now and those Farms aren't helping.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by ClimbSomeRocks View Post
    Anyone big on Funfair? Decentralized and provably fair gambling? Also, anyone actually made a wager on Augur, the decentralized prediction market?
    They have been hyping this up for 3-4 years and still are stuck. Obviously the idea is awesome, but they are so far away from getting any type of customer base.
    https://usethebitcoin.com/augur-user-base-shrinks/

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19134

Seen the new ethereum logo?

LOL.

Market goes up, market goes down - get used to it.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

It's coming, and on a Bitcoin-based blockchain. Automated payouts upon game settlement. No human involvement.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy007oc View Post
    Have you checked Wagerr?
    what is wagerr it to me from the small amount i read is a super hyped ICO that all tehy care about is nodes and wallets and not much emphasis at all on wagering. I dont see it doing anythign it does not fit a need, it just dont, it dont fit a need!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9237

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post

It's coming, and on a Bitcoin-based blockchain. Automated payouts upon game settlement. No human involvement.
    Bring it on!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This thread is hilarious

robbypark
    robbypark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1313

Bitcoin having a pretty big rally right now. Price keeps going up since yesterday.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Lol are you guys jerkoffs??

Other than top 3 all otters going bankrupt

Put money in stocks long term
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Lose all your money jerk offs
    This is not a public thing at all
    A few control it all

Lol

robbypark

Bitcoin rally continues. Above 8.400 again. Might be the next big upswing coming up here so I'd advise buying in as soon as possible or not withdrawing anything from your wallet for the time being.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by robbypark View Post
    Bitcoin rally continues. Above 8.400 again. Might be the next big upswing coming up here so I'd advise buying in as soon as possible or not withdrawing anything from your wallet for the time being.
    8400? Think you meant 6400.
    Points Awarded:

trytrytry gave convick 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Optional gave convick 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DA_MOSS
    Yepp
    DA_MOSS's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 640

Bitcoin having a pretty big rally right now. Price keeps going up since yesterday.

YEPP!! Off to 20K baby!!!

heard this many times before

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

I've been hearing a commercial on the local sports radio station here in Houston lately about crypto currency.

"Get on the train! Crypto currency going big! Bitcoin 100k by the end of the year. Institution money coming! Call us now!" etc. etc.

Sounds like an onboard service (and kind of scammy) but hey, it's advertising. The more adoption, the more it gets into the consciousness of the masses, the better....

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DA_MOSS View Post
    YEPP!! Off to 20K baby!!!

heard this many times before
    I'd be happy with 10k for now.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

anybody looking for a cheap entry on a boom or bust call
    ELASTOS

has HUGE potential imo , if it hits in a bull market itll be amazing, or it could go to worthless lolll
    like having a few plays like that

bigtymer56

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    I've been hearing a commercial on the local sports radio station here in Houston lately about crypto currency.

"Get on the train! Crypto currency going big! Bitcoin 100k by the end of the year. Institution money coming! Call us now!" etc. etc.

Sounds like an onboard service (and kind of scammy) but hey, it's advertising. The more adoption, the more it gets into the consciousness of the masses, the better....
    Lol...and then when the geniuses that hear that spot and buy crypto and then dont get rich, what do you think is going to happen? They're going to sell, tell their friends crypto is a big ponzi scheme and not look back.

I dont think any publicity is good publicity applies to crypto.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Lol...and then when the geniuses that hear that spot and buy crypto and then dont get rich, what do you think is going to happen? They're going to sell, tell their friends crypto is a big ponzi scheme and not look back.

I dont think any publicity is good publicity applies to crypto.
    So, you're not a believer, I take it. Crypto is definitely not for the n00b fast-buck crowd which I think was target audience of the advertisement....

robbypark

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    8400? Think you meant 6400.
    I'm Canadian bro.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm Canadian bro.
    You should explain that next time. I got pumped thinking BTC had gained a couple thousand overnight.

Ebumdude
    HTX

Please tell me you don’t listen to 610.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Please tell me you don’t listen to 610.
    You got it. 610AM - official home of the Texans.

Ebumdude
    HTX

You got it. 610AM - official home of the Texans.
    Oh man, 790 guy myself. When you are ready to make the switch, I’ll buy you a beer. Lol.

robbypark

It keeps rising boys. I'll cash out if it hits 7,000 US and end up making about a 3g profit which I'll be happy about. Just need it to hit 7,000 again....

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    anybody looking for a cheap entry on a boom or bust call
    ELASTOS

has HUGE potential imo , if it hits in a bull market itll be amazing, or it could go to worthless lolll
    like having a few plays like that
    what exchanges have elastos?

intriguing

bigtymer56

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post

intriguing
    https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/elastos/#markets

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post

intriguing
    huobi is where i bought a trusted exchange
    then you can store on elastos wallet

kinda pissed it went from $5 to almost $10 in last few days wanted to stock up a ton more this weekend hahah, regardless its a long term hold 1k + potential if used right / right market conditions

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

made a sweet penny on ONT this week.

First ... 207208209210211212213 ... Last