hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Archie get off your laughing azz and give us a college hoops winner!

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Can you send BTC directly to gdax or does it have to come via coinbase?

I just tried to send some BTC from the blockchain to gdax and for some reason it went to Coinbase.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Okay, nevermind. I see they forward it ahead.

Bsims
    Bsims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Bittrex is removing 80 alt coins from its exchange. Buried in the article is the following statement. "The unpopular truth is that over 99% of altcoins will never serve any real purpose and shouldn’t even be listed on any exchanges in the first place." I've made the statement that I believe 99%+ of the alt-coins will disappear. I think that's fairly certain. The question is which ones and when. The real question is which coin will survive? I'm also curious if the recent price softness is indicative that this process is beginning?

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SnakesPicks, Chi_archie, and DwightShrute

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Quote Originally Posted by Bsims View Post
    Bittrex is removing 80 alt coins from its exchange. Buried in the article is the following statement. "The unpopular truth is that over 99% of altcoins will never serve any real purpose and shouldn’t even be listed on any exchanges in the first place." I've made the statement that I believe 99%+ of the alt-coins will disappear. I think that's fairly certain. The question is which ones and when. The real question is which coin will survive? I'm also curious if the recent price softness is indicative that this process is beginning?

yep, you and I have posed this question and made the statement a few different times over the past few months and I don't think I ever saw a thoughtful reply on it.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18856

Eh, it depends I think. There are 1568 coins listed on CoinMarketCap. 1% would be 15.68 coins. So, there's only about 16 coins that are worth investing in? For long term that might be true....

How many coins are actually doing worthwhile projects? I'd say there are more than 16...

How many coins can you make money on if you're playing the market? I'd say there's a bunch...

I think the terms "scammy" vs. "non-scammy" might lead to a better breakdown.... What projects are going to actually follow up with some progress, work and spit out a product and which are going to take the funding and run?

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

what is the record on the biggest players talk thread

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

been sick last 1-2 weeks havent been around much
    good time to get sick so i can hibernate during this dip

market will come back like always, this was just a longer diip then usual... this market is very volatile and not for the weak of heart
    try to find the bottom and BUY , let the market come back and make easy money

SHIT coins will not last forever, find tech that YOU like not what everybody tells you to like, so if somehow the wheels fall off you know deep down YOU believed in that coin/ project

crypto still has 3+ more years min of growth imo, so many uses for this technology i cant see it dying before 2020 , and could even last for the next decade + who really knows, the world is changing with VR, AR, AI technology, decentralized exchanges and more , find tech that interests you, go through the rabbit hole and research a ton and make moves... dont fall for FOMO and bury yourself

market will be back soon, hibernation about to be over

Bsims

Here is the list of coins delisted by Bittrex

Here are the tokens to be delisted: 8BIT, ADC, AM, AMS, APEX, ARB, BITS, BITZ, BLC, BOB, BSTY, BTA, CCN, CRBIT, CRYPT, DAR, DGC, DRACO, DTC, FC2, FRK, FSC2, GEMZ, GHC, GP, GRT, HKG, HYPER, HZ, J, KR, LXC, MAX, MEC, METAL, MND, MTR, MZC, NAUT, NET, NEU, NTRN, OC, ORB, PRIME, PXI, ROOT, SCOT, SCRT, SFR, SLG, SLING, SOON, SPRTS, SSD, STEPS, STV, SWING, TES, TIT, TRI, TRK, U, UFO, UNIQ, UNIT, UNO, UTC, VIOR, VIRAL, VP, WARP, XAUR, XBB, XC, XCO, XDQ, XPY, XQN, XSEED, XTC, and YBC

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    yep, you and I have posed this question and made the statement a few different times over the past few months and I don't think I ever saw a thoughtful reply on it.
    although regulation seems like the party is ending, it will just sift out the fat of whats been plaguing the market (pump and dumps). will be good for creating a stable market long term.

Bsims

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    although regulation seems like the party is ending, it will just sift out the fat of whats been plaguing the market (pump and dumps). will be good for creating a stable market long term.
    Although I'm generally opposed to regulations, I agree some are needed in this area and will be helpful to stabilizing the market and eliminating some scammers. The G20 has requested regulation proposals for cryptocurrency by July 2018. I just hope they are not overdone.

My larger fear is that the IRS considers all cryptocurrency transactions be treated as taxable events. If this were widely known and enforced it would be a large inhibitor to the expanded use of cryptocurrencies for normal purchases. There is a bill in congress to exempt transactions under $600.

https://www.coindesk.com/us-lawmaker...nsactions-600/

Basically, the IRS position puts potential users of cyrptocurrencies in an awkward position. One you could play above board and endure an oppressive amount of record keeping and reporting. Or two, you can ignore this stuff and become a tax cheat. Not good for increasing the image of cryptocurrencies as a legitimate form of exchange in the eyes of the masses.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Although I'm generally opposed to regulations, I agree some are needed in this area and will be helpful to stabilizing the market and eliminating some scammers. The G20 has requested regulation proposals for cryptocurrency by July 2018. I just hope they are not overdone.

My larger fear is that the IRS considers all cryptocurrency transactions be treated as taxable events. If this were widely known and enforced it would be a large inhibitor to the expanded use of cryptocurrencies for normal purchases. There is a bill in congress to exempt transactions under $600.

https://www.coindesk.com/us-lawmaker...nsactions-600/

Basically, the IRS position puts potential users of cyrptocurrencies in an awkward position. One you could play above board and endure an oppressive amount of record keeping and reporting. Or two, you can ignore this stuff and become a tax cheat. Not good for increasing the image of cryptocurrencies as a legitimate form of exchange in the eyes of the masses.
    same can be said with other financial markets.... and the amount of fraud in those far exceeds the tax evasion scandals we're seeing in crypto. I do agree with your position in opposing some regulation..The whole premise is that this is decentralized In which case the regulation eliminates decentralization but the truth of the matter is that to have a stable decentralized market in what has been a micro analyzed centralized banking system we would have to see a small transition rather than what seems like an overhaul of the way we have moved money around for the past 100 years.

goalie77
    goalie77's Avatar Become A Pro!

so much garbage in crypto market
    Here is the list of coins delisted by Bittrex

Here are the tokens to be delisted: 8BIT, ADC, AM, AMS, APEX, ARB, BITS, BITZ, BLC, BOB, BSTY, BTA, CCN, CRBIT, CRYPT, DAR, DGC, DRACO, DTC, FC2, FRK, FSC2, GEMZ, GHC, GP, GRT, HKG, HYPER, HZ, J, KR, LXC, MAX, MEC, METAL, MND, MTR, MZC, NAUT, NET, NEU, NTRN, OC, ORB, PRIME, PXI, ROOT, SCOT, SCRT, SFR, SLG, SLING, SOON, SPRTS, SSD, STEPS, STV, SWING, TES, TIT, TRI, TRK, U, UFO, UNIQ, UNIT, UNO, UTC, VIOR, VIRAL, VP, WARP, XAUR, XBB, XC, XCO, XDQ, XPY, XQN, XSEED, XTC, and YBC

goalie77

shocka, is ADA still your top pick? you loved TRON too

goalie77

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    u didnt miss anything

goalie77

Quote Originally Posted by Noles1992 View Post
    Yeah I jumped on ONT too late yesterday and well as you know took a - 40 % hit for me. Will just hold on. Are you still long on ICX?
    im long on ICX, dont care for ontology

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Quote Originally Posted by goalie77 View Post

Lol

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by goalie77 View Post
    not one post saying I loved tron.......dont know where you got that from. Im holding some, but wouldn't say love by any means.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Who is buying more?

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 158

I just hope guys here cashed out and are not still holding

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 803

How low is this going?

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythunder View Post
    How low is this going?
    Down to $1,876

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

i can't believe how low the fees are for bitcoin sends now and how fast they are getting confirmed where was this last year

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

Just keep on buying , Bitcoin will hit 50.000 in a hurry

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47416

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    good time to get sick so i can hibernate during this dip

market will come back like always, this was just a longer diip then usual... this market is very volatile and not for the weak of heart
    try to find the bottom and BUY , let the market come back and make easy money

SHIT coins will not last forever, find tech that YOU like not what everybody tells you to like, so if somehow the wheels fall off you know deep down YOU believed in that coin/ project

crypto still has 3+ more years min of growth imo, so many uses for this technology i cant see it dying before 2020 , and could even last for the next decade + who really knows, the world is changing with VR, AR, AI technology, decentralized exchanges and more , find tech that interests you, go through the rabbit hole and research a ton and make moves... dont fall for FOMO and bury yourself

market will be back soon, hibernation about to be over
    I'm at the point where I don't see anything positive on the horizon for quite awhile...might be a year or 2 until we get back to respectability...I got greedy and did not cash out enough profits last year and am now forced to hold and hope that things recover at some point. I hardly even look at the prices anymore, makes me ill...

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I'm at the point where I don't see anything positive on the horizon for quite awhile...might be a year or 2 until we get back to respectability...I got greedy and did not cash out enough profits last year and am now forced to hold and hope that things recover at some point. I hardly even look at the prices anymore, makes me ill...
    As a professional derivatives trader, I can tell you this.....

They need to tie the value of Bitcoin to another asset. As of right now it is purely speculative.

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

A4K, were you serious about a bitcoin price target "Down to $1,876" as you said late last night, or was the alcohol talking? I respect your opinion about markets. Couldn't tell if you were being serious. I do think its in the realm of possibilities, but if it does keep going low, I'd think 4,000 should be a pretty firm floor.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47416

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    As a professional derivatives trader, I can tell you this.....

They need to tie the value of Bitcoin to another asset. As of right now it is purely speculative.
    something needs to happen, there is so much FUD now that I think it's going to take a long while until the waters are clear again, if ever.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18856

The projections I'm seeing are that the current slide is happening at a faster clip than in the past. Might not be a year or two but it could be 6 months to a year. That's OK with me, I was ready for the ride... I've been buying heavily in the last month and am pretty much tapped out of disposable income.

TRX and EOS are set to go live in a couple of months. Those two events should make a little noise. It's a chance for Tron to get back in the game. And EOS, IMHO, is the brightest star out there. I've become a total EOS fanboy. 40% of my portfolio is now in EOS.

When we get past tax season things should, at least, level off. Maybe one day the market won't be so dependent on Bitcoin's performance. Right now, they all follow Bitcoin. It shouldn't be that way..
    Points Awarded:

Noles1992 gave Arky 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    A4K, were you serious about a bitcoin price target "Down to $1,876" as you said late last night, or was the alcohol talking? I respect your opinion about markets. Couldn't tell if you were being serious. I do think its in the realm of possibilities, but if it does keep going low, I'd think 4,000 should be a pretty firm floor.
    Sorry, mate! I was penetrating around! I think 5k seems like a reasonable floor based on the number of coins in the market. If the Chinese restrict their citizens money movements then the price will sky rocket. With a possible tariff war on the horizon, I see this as a real possibility.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15096

In November of 2013 the price was $1200. In March of 2015 it was at $200. We may have to wait some time but Bitcoin will rebound.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

So quiet in these threads now...

lotuspod
    lotuspod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4023

Soros getting involved with crypto, cue the Palpatine memes

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR