Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Coinbase fees are high as hell and having to use multiple c redit c ards means more money to them in fees. I used 3 cc's to buy coins and they charged me ~$20 each. $60 to buy $1500 worth of coins. That's a huge markup. Then if I move them to my cash wallet or somewhere else, they charge you to move the money too. They got you coming and going.

cornmeal
    cornmeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1208

Awesome link
    Thanks

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Quote Originally Posted by cornmeal View Post
    Raiders,

What exchange can you use to buy antshares?
    I really thought it said antshit the first time I looked at it, I said here we go putting our money in antshit......
    Bittrex. Transfer BTC to Bittrex then trade for AntShares. Only in China and Bittrex.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Coinbase needs to get there shit together fukin bums! All crashed as everything is free falling lol
    i can sit here with everybody else and get down on them but at the same time .. they gave me my first transaction pretty easy ON THANKS OF SBR and their contest ...

so i really can't complain .. they're insured and they get the job done, they do need some customer service reps though, the email stuff just doesn't cut it for me ... im sure i could talk to someone at sbr faster than I could talk to someone there ... and with their cap that's unacceptable to me. i understand the high volume though and it coming off but they need to reevaluate what they need to do to be the exchange they want to be.

Mac4Lyfe

Hey Mac,
    Is it $500 limit with each card, or total you can buy with all cards combined?
    I've only deposited via bank account, added few cards last night to try to buy instantly but it was only allowing $500 total, I bought $500 with 1 card all the other ones dropped to a weird number like $33 available to spend?
    Thanks
    Hey Corn - I just checked my wallets and it looks like 2 out of 3 purchases I made yesterday did not take? That is very weird. I went to buy and I only have like $4 on any of my CC's left for the week? WTH? I know I've done it before. I would purchase with one card then immediately buy again with the buy again button then use another card, etc. It looks like it rejected the other cards and tied them together now. That sucks. I'll have to just use bank accounts which is cheaper anyway.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5409

Anything cheaper fees than coinbase for instant bitcoin?

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

Time to buy more ETH?

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Coinbase reimburses those who lost on flash crash sell orders ... pretty nice of them, even though there should be some kind of structure in place that whales shouldn't have control over the price so much.

They sold short, it was legitimate .. so hats off to coinbase for giving people a lesson of the crypto world wild west roller coaster..

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by badgerguy View Post
    Time to buy more ETH?
    bought some more at the dip today
    was waiting patiently for this
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    bought some more at the dip today
    was waiting patiently for this
    Just purchased a full one at $296.58

Mac4Lyfe

Crypto's are taking a bit of a pause right now. Good time to load up on a few.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Apparently some guy sold off 30 million in ether in one transaction which coincides with the downswing right now.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by xKMACKx View Post
    Apparently some guy sold off 30 million in ether in one transaction which coincides with the downswing right now.
    Who the hell did that??? Bill Gates? How could he off load that many at one time? Is that even possible?

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Coinbase fees are high as hell and having to use multiple c redit c ards means more money to them in fees. I used 3 cc's to buy coins and they charged me ~$20 each. $60 to buy $1500 worth of coins. That's a huge markup. Then if I move them to my cash wallet or somewhere else, they charge you to move the money too. They got you coming and going.
    Do you use the Coinbase exchange gdax.com? The commissions on a limit order are free I believe and market orders are way cheaper than coinbase. Plus, the two are connected so its easy peasy.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Do you use the Coinbase exchange gdax.com? The commissions on a limit order are free I believe and market orders are way cheaper than coinbase. Plus, the two are connected so its easy peasy.
    So you move all your coins to gdax? Hell CB charges just to move money to your USD cash wallet. So can I purchase other coins (that aren't offered at CB) using gdax cheaper than CB? Is it still using the CB platform or is it separate? I'm not understanding how to do this?

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Good thread. Sorry I've been away.

There's 2 alts worth talking about this week:

1. Stellar Lumens (STR/XLM). On Tuesday, Stellar Lumens (STR at Poloniex, XLM on some other exchanges) is diluting its float by 16% by giving away 16 billion coins to any and all owners of Bitcoin, including you. If you own BTC, here's how you can get your free STR: https://www.stellar.org/blog/bitcoin-claim-lumens-2/

Obviously, if you own BTC, you might as well claim your free STR, but IMHO, the real money to be made on this publicity stunt is to go short on STR/XLM right effin' now (I shorted today at Poloniex at 3.6 cents a coin, but other platforms may have a better price). We can never be sure about anything in crypto, but my guess is lots of those new coins are going to go straight up for sale and the price will fall, possibly even tank, this week.

Chris's crypto recommendation: A short term short position on STR/XLM at its current price of 3.6 cents a coin, and hurry. The dilution event happens Tuesday. It (should) be a profitable week to be short STR.

2. IOTA. After hearing about this freakin' coin every day for months, IOTA finally went live at Bitfinex last week...to a disappointing $1.4 billion valuation. Some very smart traders at Reddit and 4Chan -- guys I respect -- were predicting $5-$10 billion.

What is IOTA? To hear its supporters tell it, it's the next generation in blockchain technology. Using code I tried, but failed, to get my brain around called the Tangle, IOTA is the first coin designed from the outset to be instantaneous and permanently free, irrespective of scaling, a word you're probably sick of if you own BTC. So it's basically a currency that can never be anything but instant to send and can never cost anyone a penny to use.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not one of those psycho disciples IOTA has on the boards who thinks it will eventually displace every other crypto, but I do admit it's the best coin I've ever undertaken due diligence on with regard to the inevitable scaling fights and problems. And it's priced cheaply, compared to what everyone (even me) expected when it came to market last week.

Chris's crypto recommendation: Long Term Buy and Hold IOTA, currently priced at 48 cents a coin. This may stay level for a while, even a long while, but when it finally gets discovered by the non crypto investing community, it has the potential to go parabolic the same way Ethereum did last month and Ripple did the month before.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave MeanPeopleSuck 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

MPS - where do you hold all your coins? I've got coins all over the damn place, I can't even keep up. I'm looking to consolidate but none of them seem real easy to manage. Seems like I'm adding new accounts every few days.

firekillex

huge dip on ETH currently , great time to buy

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yes

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    So you move all your coins to gdax? Hell CB charges just to move money to your USD cash wallet. So can I purchase other coins (that aren't offered at CB) using gdax cheaper than CB? Is it still using the CB platform or is it separate? I'm not understanding how to do this?
    They are one and the same company. No fee for transferring and you can use your CB cash balance at gdax and vica a versa. And the gdax exchange is very busy too. You put in a limit order .01 above the bid price and there is no commission. Wayyyyy cheaper than CB.

cornmeal
    cornmeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1208

I have regular coinbase account been using, tried several times signing in on the gdax side(try to save on these fees)it goes thru the verification process again and says it cant verify me.
    wtf coinbase regular customer 2 year, it will not even let me get to the page to upload id. ive been living same address for 20 years. Ive emailed several times but no responses.

Any ideas guys?

brainfreeze
    Meaning

I have regular coinbase account been using, tried several times signing in on the gdax side(try to save on these fees)it goes thru the verification process again and says it cant verify me.
    wtf coinbase regular customer 2 year, it will not even let me get to the page to upload id. ive been living same address for 20 years. Ive emailed several times but no responses.

Any ideas guys?
    A lot going on right now ... whales price manipulating, bunch of artificial deflating and inflating going on ... im just going to watch for a while, no regulation has made a joke out of the crypto market...

wait for this fork stuff and see about bitcoin ... it's the only real coin that was supposed to make it anyway, all of these others are test, ico marketing crap, a base for it ( eth ) and then there's bitcoin ... ( i don't know where a price will hold for blockchain tech, it's all speculation )

money trying to scare people out of bitcoin, and it will ... as we draw near 2k again

(my opinion not financial advice)

raiders72001

All cryptos taking a beating. Top 49 all losing and many over 20% last 24 hours. http://coinmarketcap.com/
    Last edited by raiders72001; 06-26-17 at 11:18 AM.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    All cryptos taking a beating. http://coinmarketcap.com/
    Yes because they're all connected to bitcoin .. but there's a difference in litecoin going from $42 to $38 and eth going from 330 down to 230 ...

somebody let all the " gas " out, id imagine someone rich and bored ... this is a joke, and now i know this was all artificial growth ... but i still see value in eth and bitcoin ... that's what i like, gotta wait on a price i guess

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Yes because they're all connected to bitcoin .. but there's a difference in litecoin going from $42 to $38 and eth going from 330 down to 230 ...

somebody let all the " gas " out, id imagine someone rich and bored ... this is a joke, and now i know this was all artificial growth ... but i still see value in eth and bitcoin ... that's what i like, gotta wait on a price i guess
    Each coin is traded separately. This same scenario happened about two weeks ago and then they all bounced back the next day. Let's hope the same thing happens.

triplecrown333
    triplecrown333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

not even close to a bubble, this is good, when my friends buy, then i am out lmao...

firekillex

buy low

wait to sell high

dont panic
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post

hell i bought etherum in the 380's . I put 440 in it. Wish i would of put that in litecoin. Bought 25 litecoins same time and even with the drop I'm still up 200

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    hell i bought etherum in the 380's . I put 440 in it. Wish i would of put that in litecoin. Bought 25 litecoins same time and even with the drop I'm still up 200
    chico mushed ethereum similar to Landers mushing Brexit and the US Presidential election
    Points Awarded:

chico2663 gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1252

Time to invest in Zcash if you haven't yet.

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

not a good idea to buy coints atm , whenever the public gets heavily involved in a financial product you know what happens. Probably more downside in the next few weeks / months.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ether is really getting crushed when is a good time to buy

raiders72001

Hoax Over ‘Dead’ Ethereum Founder Spurs $4 Billion Wipe Out
    http://fortune.com/2017/06/26/vitalik-death/

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Ether is really getting crushed when is a good time to buy
    now

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Saw a prop on fairlay a month ago whether bitcoin would drop below 1800 at any point before September 1st. At the time I thought it was impossible. Now it actually seems possible.

First ... 45678910 ... Last