Lopez84
    Lopez84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

Bookmaker Bitcoin deposit question

Hello,

I have a question. Two days ago I made a deposit to Bookmaker for 10K. However, it was pending for 48 hours and had 0 confirmations. Now, 2 days later it finally has confirmations and got credited to my Bookmaker.eu account. However, it was for the same amount of the value that BTC was worth 48 hours ago, while in fact BTC value has gone up in this period of time.

Do you think this is fair or unfair? Aren't they supposed to convert the deposit value to the BTC value at the time the first confirmation got in? Now they just took the BTC value at the time of the deposit attempt, when in fact there was no deposit made because it had 0 confirmations.
    Am I being robbed here or is this always how Bookmaker handles BTC deposits? Do you think if BTC value was much lower than 48 hours ago I would have still gotten the higher amount of 48 hours ago?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Bookmaker calculate it at the time of request. They tell you on the deposit page that you must send the exact amount quoted to receive the US$ amount requested.

Lopez84

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Bookmaker calculate it at the time of request. They tell you on the deposit page that you must send the exact amount quoted to receive the US$ amount requested.
    So you are sure if BTC value would have dropped 10% in the last 48 hours I would have still gotten that higher BTC value conversion of 48 hours ago?

But what you're saying is not totally correct. I once asked in their livechat why I must send exactly that strange amount with 10 digits behind the komma/point, and they said "oh you can just send any amount you want, it does not have to be that exact amount, we will just convert it into Euro when we receive the funds"

Lopez84

And what then if you just send the bitcoins unconfirmed, wait 48 hours to see if the value of BTC has gone up or down. If up, cancel the transaction and put in a new deposit request to get more funds for your BTC. If down, send the funds. You would get the old high value for your BTC?
    That sounds like a very bad scenario for Bookmaker so it really surprises me that they would count the time of the deposit request instead of the time of the confirmation of the BTC transfer....

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez84 View Post
    And what then if you just send the bitcoins unconfirmed, wait 48 hours to see if the value of BTC has gone up or down. If up, cancel the transaction and put in a new deposit request to get more funds for your BTC. If down, send the funds. You would get the old high value for your BTC?
    That sounds like a very bad scenario for Bookmaker so it really surprises me that they would count the time of the deposit request instead of the time of the confirmation of the BTC transfer....
    I don't think you can cancel the transaction. Similar to when you get things in blockchain, you can see that you have that value when recieved even though its unconfirmed.

As someone who sat there as bitcoin fell 30% as I waited for my deposit to get confirmed, believe me, its better for them to do it the way they do. If you want to hold bitcoins to benefit from their appreciation, hold bitcoins. I'd rather not gamble on bitcoins when making a deposit.

Lopez84

Well I kept on insisting and sending emails to them and today they finally admitted they did me wrong. They credited the missing 400 euro for the deposit. It's good that they correct their mistakes, but sad that I know almost for sure they would not have corrected this if I was not so pushy.

So they do NOT use the exchange rate at the time of the deposit, but at the time the funds actually hit their wallet. Which only makes sense.

Hi xxxxx,

Thanks for your email. After investigating on the deposit made in your account, we noticed that it was manually credited due to a delay on the BTC Network. The amount credited at the time was not correct. We credited your account the amount of 400 EUR in order to fix the deposit amount. Please go ahead and check your account, make sure to contact us back if you have any questions or need some help.

Regards

JJ
    Bitcoin Department