trogo102
    trogo102's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

I dont think you can beat localbitcoins

And this comes from someone who was skeptical about them. Finally took the plunge with them. Did a 260 cash deposit for 244 in bitcoins with Wells Fargo and money was released to me in a minute. Little pricier than Coinbase but with me Coinbase is so hit and miss with its software functionality. Literally took me 20 minutes and I was done.

chosen4th
    chosen4th's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

this is how i deposit as well.. a company called cashtocrypto.. very convenient, very quick. fairly low fees.. for doing 260 you should just use coinbase.. since my coinbase limits are so low, if i put on like 1500 its a much better way

daveydips
    daveydips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1396

Localbitcoins cash deposit is the only way I've bought bitcoin for the past year. I've delt with over 40 different sellers and all transactions have been immediate and flawless. Highly recommended method!

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I have also used localbitcoins before and highly recommend them. however, recently tried 'coins.ph' and i was impressed, as they charged me under $2 for an instant transaction at exact market price. Used 7/11 for the payment. Hate their verification procedure, though. as can only buy for $50 until you're fully verified. limits then jump to $1000

nymfan99
    nymfan99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4877

how much does it cost via localbitcoins?

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

LBC usually good. But SUCKS today. Waiting a while for my coin to transfer from LBC to blockchain

Nova99
    Nova99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

If you like to use localcoins, take a look at wall of coins as well. they have very similar models, wall of coins claims they have better safety checks than localcoins

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeMiro View Post
    I have also used localbitcoins before and highly recommend them. however, recently tried 'coins.ph' and i was impressed, as they charged me under $2 for an instant transaction at exact market price. Used 7/11 for the payment. Hate their verification procedure, though. as can only buy for $50 until you're fully verified. limits then jump to $1000

coins.ph looks interesting as I have 7/11's all around and I used to fund my TVG account through them...How do you send bitcoin? I opened an account to check out and kinda lost with there lingo....what is the value of a PHP? Im going to start a new post on this too...

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Paxful is a good option as well. Their fees are higher than localbitcoins but they have a ton of different ways to buy than localbitcoins. I get a lot of gift cards and paxful is a great site to trade them for bitcoins. And trades take only a few minutes. Better than waiting 3 days on the exchanges. Not to mention all of the verification b.s. that comes from them. Taking selfies with your I.d. urine samples, DNA samples etc. I gave up on those fuking exchanges I verify my identity and they still won't ever let me buy. Fuk them.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Quote Originally Posted by Nova99 View Post
    If you like to use localcoins, take a look at wall of coins as well. they have very similar models, wall of coins claims they have better safety checks than localcoins
    They are good, but inconsistent. Sometimes you get your coins in 15 minutes, sometimes it takes 24 hours. You don't get to pick your seller or see their rating. Some sellers like to wait til banks close to release, but you are just taking your chances when you purchase. If bitcoin prices are dropping like a fly like today, then its not fun. I'm not having fun today.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

1. How do you trust a buyer? When you send the buyer the coins.... what happens if they reverse the charge somehow and that processor takes your money away?

2. How do you trust a seller? You send the money via paypal or something.... what if they never send you the coins?

What do you typically look for so you have a successful transaction? You wish people could do business with a handshake... but they don't.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

I've done hundreds of local Bitcoin trades via cash deposit and like 30 or so PayPal...I've had one issue when a seller didn't send coins and I filed a complaint and got btc in few hours..it ended up that he says his phone died and didn't get notified..they hold in escrow so if there are issues buyers are protected just deal with peeps that have many trans and high ratings look at there release times too...i feel 100% confident using them

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

so sorry for the late response...
    their website is a little difficult to get used to. anyway, you just toggle between peso and btc wallet by clicking on the wallet you want on the left side of the screen (there's a, 'all wallets just under peso wallet which is usually the default). sending is just the same as with other btc wallets.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Paxful is a good option as well. Their fees are higher than localbitcoins but they have a ton of different ways to buy than localbitcoins. I get a lot of gift cards and paxful is a great site to trade them for bitcoins. And trades take only a few minutes. Better than waiting 3 days on the exchanges. Not to mention all of the verification b.s. that comes from them. Taking selfies with your I.d. urine samples, DNA samples etc. I gave up on those fuking exchanges I verify my identity and they still won't ever let me buy. Fuk them.
    I have no experience with Bitcoin so this may be a dumb question but I recently did some work and they paid me in gift cards. Once you convert the gift cards to Bitcoin what's the process to turn it into cash? Do I use Paxful or something else

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    I have no experience with Bitcoin so this may be a dumb question but I recently did some work and they paid me in gift cards. Once you convert the gift cards to Bitcoin what's the process to turn it into cash? Do I use Paxful or something else
    If your trying to just get cash for your gift cards you are better off just selling them on a gift card website like card pool.com. I usually use EJgiftcards. They seem to be the quickest and have the best rates usually. You will get a better rate doing it that way rather than trading them for bitcoin. I just trade my gift cards for bitcoin so that I can fund books. But if you trade your cards on paxful you will only get usually 60 to 70 percent of the card value depending on what the card is from. Best prices are for Amazon and iTunes cards. But the gift card exchange wesites you can usually get 90 percent of the card value.
    Last edited by themike78; 04-30-17 at 03:06 PM.