kj8210
    kj8210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14103

Gemini Bitcoin Exchange

Just used Gemini for the first time and had a wonderful experience. Interface is simple but very very fluid. Coins were converted to USD in a matter of seconds. I usually sell in person but the market is experiencing alot of volatility right now and I didn't have the balls to hold. Either way, if you guys are looking for a solid exchange check it out. Cash should be in my bank account within 2-3 business days - will keep you guys updated!

Random question - why don't people use exchanges more often on here? is there any particular reason? All I really see talk about is bitpay cards and lbc

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Never use Coinbase anymore. I use their exchange GDAX. I'd venture that lots of people on here don't realize that they have a GDAX account just by having Coinbase. Can't beat zero fee as a market maker.

eyeball
    eyeball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

Quote Originally Posted by Kaabee View Post
    Never use Coinbase anymore. I use their exchange GDAX. I'd venture that lots of people on here don't realize that they have a GDAX account just by having Coinbase. Can't beat zero fee as a market maker.

Why is GDAX better

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

Quote Originally Posted by eyeball View Post

Why is GDAX better
    It's a public exchange where you just buy and sell directly with other users.

Coinbase is an exchanger that does that on your behalf and charges a premium to do it.

People like to pay for simplicity but actually going to an exchange like GDAX yourself is really not much more complicated.

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

I need help with Gemini,I am lost.I deposited $500 from my bank to Gemini last Friday,this afternoon I got an email from Gemini that it cleared,it shows $500 is now available ,however when i try to transfer to blockchain,it says insufficient funds no matter how much i enter,any help for a dummy??

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by michael777 View Post
    I need help with Gemini,I am lost.I deposited $500 from my bank to Gemini last Friday,this afternoon I got an email from Gemini that it cleared,it shows $500 is now available ,however when i try to transfer to blockchain,it says insufficient funds no matter how much i enter,any help for a dummy??
    You need to buy some bitcoin with your $$ before you can send it anywhere.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Come on 7s, get with the program. Gemini gives you an immediate credit to buy bitcoin but you have to wait to transfer it out until the funds clear in 3 business days.

michael777

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You need to buy some bitcoin with your $$ before you can send it anywhere.
    thanks a million,it worked,i am an idiot!

michael777

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    Come on 7s, get with the program. Gemini gives you an immediate credit to buy bitcoin but you have to wait to transfer it out until the funds clear in 3 business days.
    I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer!

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer!
    Every time I have dialed 777, I have never gotten a connection.

michael777

dial 1-800-loser,my cell will ring

Optional

thanks a million,it worked,i am an idiot!
    Not really. I am sure plenty of others thought the same as you did first time.

And no problem

michael777

thanks again optional,have a great night