1. #1
    dmonaco712
    dmonaco712's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-02-16
    Posts: 22
    Betpoints: 270

    Circle closes bitcoin exchange

    What does this mean for the industry? Circle is now just basically
    a bitcoin wallet so you cant buy or sell.
    They apparently believe bitcoins will never be a major currency
    as per articles.
    Where else is there to go besides coinbase who I have had
    problems with?

  2. #2
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 28,796
    Betpoints: 2619

    What are your requirements? ACH? Wires? Something else?

    Lowest fees? Fastest delivery? Simplicity?

    Need to sell/buy large amounts?

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 2/15/2016


  3. #3
    dmonaco712
    dmonaco712's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-02-16
    Posts: 22
    Betpoints: 270

    Probably simplicity and reasonable fees. Just want to avoid using bank account.

  4. #4
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 28,796
    Betpoints: 2619

    Quote Originally Posted by dmonaco712 View Post
    Probably simplicity and reasonable fees. Just want to avoid using bank account.
    Those two are hard to combine. The simplest places are generally the most expensive.

    Have you seen this thread? http://www.sportsbookreview.com/foru...ternative.html

    Quite a few ideas in there.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 2/15/2016


  5. #5
    dmonaco712
    dmonaco712's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-02-16
    Posts: 22
    Betpoints: 270

    Thanks I will check it out.

  6. #6
    rockmvp1209
    rockmvp1209's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-27-13
    Posts: 749
    Betpoints: 3511

    You can still send to an old circle address . Did it yesterday for 2k and cashed out
    Points Awarded:

    Optional gave rockmvp1209 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  7. #7
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 28,796
    Betpoints: 2619

    Great news Rock. Did not want to suggest that as wasn't sure it still worked or not.

    @Dmonaco, do you understand what Rock is saying? Do that.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 2/15/2016


  8. #8
    GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-27-09
    Posts: 1,974

    Just thought I'd add that I have been using Cex.io for the past week and a half. I was able to make a deposit pretty seamlessly with my debit card after verifying my information. About a 3.75% charge to use it, but it was instantly there(after I had to call my bank and verify the transaction was legit).

    When you convert your USD to BTC I would strongly advise not doing so on their "Buy/sell" page. You will get a shitty conversion. Instead, if you go to the "Trade" page you can buy your BTC there and get as close to the actual price that it is trading for as possible. For some reason the "Buy/sell" page offers you a really shitty conversion rate from your USD to BTC. I can't figure out why anyone would use it other than it is in big letters and right in front of your face. For instance- if you go to their Buy/sell page right now and wanted to exchange $500 into BTC you would get .5857. On the trade page you could buy the exact same amount of BTC(.5857) and pay about $463. I have no idea why that is, but just thought I would share that in case others thought the buy page was the only way.

  9. #9
    UBNVS
    UBNVS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-14
    Posts: 210
    Betpoints: 2836

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmvp1209 View Post
    You can still send to an old circle address . Did it yesterday for 2k and cashed out
    This may sound stupid but how do I find my old circle address again. I copy and paste address that I believe I sent to circle from Airbitz but when I paste to send it it says incorrect address.

  10. #10
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 28,796
    Betpoints: 2619

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldRush7 View Post
    Just thought I'd add that I have been using Cex.io for the past week and a half. I was able to make a deposit pretty seamlessly with my debit card after verifying my information. About a 3.75% charge to use it, but it was instantly there(after I had to call my bank and verify the transaction was legit).

    When you convert your USD to BTC I would strongly advise not doing so on their "Buy/sell" page. You will get a shitty conversion. Instead, if you go to the "Trade" page you can buy your BTC there and get as close to the actual price that it is trading for as possible. For some reason the "Buy/sell" page offers you a really shitty conversion rate from your USD to BTC. I can't figure out why anyone would use it other than it is in big letters and right in front of your face. For instance- if you go to their Buy/sell page right now and wanted to exchange $500 into BTC you would get .5857. On the trade page you could buy the exact same amount of BTC(.5857) and pay about $463. I have no idea why that is, but just thought I would share that in case others thought the buy page was the only way.
    Great info.

    That is basically the difference between and 'exchanger' and an 'exchange'.

    An exchanger (like Coinbase) goes to the market (an exchange) and buys/sells on your behalf and adds a premium for the service.

    It sounds like you have found using the real exchange there quite easy. It really is the way to go and if you really want to maximize the value you get, use an American exchange to buy (usually the cheapest) and a foreign exchange to trade BTC back to US$. China, India and Australia are among the places that are usually higher than US or Euro ones.


    What's the deal with cashing out from Cex.io to a bank? Is that possible? Site makes no mention in the public area.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 2/15/2016


  11. #11
    GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-27-09
    Posts: 1,974

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Great info.

    That is basically the difference between and 'exchanger' and an 'exchange'.

    An exchanger (like Coinbase) goes to the market (an exchange) and buys/sells on your behalf and adds a premium for the service.

    It sounds like you have found using the real exchange there quite easy. It really is the way to go and if you really want to maximize the value you get, use an American exchange to buy (usually the cheapest) and a foreign exchange to trade BTC back to US$. China, India and Australia are among the places that are usually higher than US or Euro ones.


    What's the deal with cashing out from Cex.io to a bank? Is that possible? Site makes no mention in the public area.
    I have not actually tried to cash out from Cex.io to my bank yet. I've been using old circle addresses, as that seems to be the easiest still(although I have not done so in the last week). However, it does look like you are able to cash out to a card or bank account on Cex if you link them. There is a commission "fee" of $3.80 for any amount it appears.

  12. #12
    72nova
    72nova's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-07-12
    Posts: 22
    Betpoints: 1584

    Cex.io service is unavailable in Texas.

  13. #13
    Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-05-16
    Posts: 134
    Betpoints: 992

    I cashed out with circle this morning, using an old bitcoin address
    Points Awarded:

    Optional gave Venom72 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  14. #14
    i70/i25 kid
    i70/i25 kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-24-16
    Posts: 43
    Betpoints: 18

    Bitcoin is dying.

Top