goofyre
    Cole World.
    goofyre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

What BTC or ETH price are people buying more in? Sub $300 ETH seems like I should just be throwing money at it.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Correction...

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by goofyre View Post
    What BTC or ETH price are people buying more in? Sub $300 ETH seems like I should just be throwing money at it.
    Always an excellent discussion. I posted this 2 weeks ago:

Is anybody else evaluating prices to buy back in? If so, what prices are you thinking?

I just set buys at 5240, 5040, 4740 and 4440, but those choices are based on absolutely nothing, so if anybody's got any opinions, I'm all ears.

I suck at picking bottoms, so as a defense mechanism I'm forced to dollar cost average across multiple numbers.

The 5240 buy triggered, but not the other 3, which remain open. I'm hesitant to raise my buy in prices because for the first time since I started trading crypto almost 3 years ago, I'm not sure I can convince myself that BTC's undervalued.

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Correction...
    Hey, Sam, what's shakin'? Here's a question for ya: why isn't BTC rallying into tonight's hard fork?

That's sort of what I expected for today, then maybe a sell off tomorrow, post BTG qualification.

What's that saying? A riddle wrapped in a mystery inside a bitcoin?

Sam Odom

MPS , honestly have no clue the whys and wheres of bitcoin - not joking

bonz
    bonz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

BOL put the over/under at 7500 by Dec or something like that. Probably be pretty close. Bookies have a clue about everything.

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by bonz View Post
    BOL put the over/under at 7500 by Dec or something like that. Probably be pretty close. Bookies have a clue about everything.
    Heh, not this. I've got a bet on BTC being OV $3000 by 12/31. I like my chances.

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    MPS , honestly have no clue the whys and wheres of bitcoin - not joking
    Heh, same. That's actually everybody, I think, more or less. Just some of us admit it while others claim to be the Oracle of Delphi with earth shattering statements like, "I predict there will be a BTC crash in the not too distant future." oooh, ahhhh. AND, "I then predict a recovery from that crash." WOW, IT'S LIKE HE'S A GOD!

bonz
    bonz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Last weeks line was 7500.
    Your golden MPS

Sam Odom

Resilient describes the BTC market currently

MeanPeopleSuck

WHOA, possibly huge news: a friend of mine, someone I trust, said he's successfully sold futures of BTG at this market, pricing about $400: https://yobit.net/en/trade/BTG/BTC

I'm gonna sign up right now and try to sell. If I'm successful, I'll come back and confirm.

Get your BTC somewhere BTG friendly right now, friends, it's possible BTG might not be junk, after all.

MeanPeopleSuck

Sorry to Spam, but this is important: 1. NEW HARD FORK TIME ESTIMATE: roughly 9:45pm EST

2. The Futures markets are REAL. BTG currently pricing about $500.
    I've already sold more than I'm going to qualify for, so I hope the price goes down.

Mkt 1: https://yobit.net/en/trade/BTG/BTC

Mkt 2: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/BTG/BTC

3. To get your BTG, get your BTC to Bitfinex or download and send it here, and FAST: https://electrum.org/#download

4. The following exchanges have NOT guaranteed they'll deliver BTG to their clients, so they're not safe places to store your BTC today: Coinbase / GDAX, Gemini, Bitstamp, Kraken, Poloniex and Whaleclub.

Coinbase / GDAX statement, not very reassuring: https://support.coinbase.com/custome...tcoin-gold-faq

MeanPeopleSuck

This is going to ruin my whole week: https://omniexplorer.info/lookuptx.a...f249b1006a28d0

Props

Will I get ANY of my $6700 back?

Yes - 1000
    No +800

When will I get it back?

OV/UN 6.5 weeks

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47652

Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post
    This is going to ruin my whole week: https://omniexplorer.info/lookuptx.a...f249b1006a28d0

Props

Will I get ANY of my $6700 back?

Yes - 1000
    No +800

When will I get it back?

OV/UN 6.5 weeks
    can I parlay YES with the under?

JAKEPEAVY21

I sent a little over 4 bitcoins to bitfinex...

it's quite possible the fees from sending back and forth could be more than the value of the BTG

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    can I parlay YES with the under?
    Hells yeah, and I'd HAPPILY pay it.

Hey, good news: there's been a delay, over 2 hours without a block mined, unheard of on non fork days. I'm pulling for ya!

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I sent a little over 4 bitcoins to bitfinex...

it's quite possible the fees from sending back and forth could be more than the value of the BTG
    Hey, so far it turns out everybody was wrong. Those futures markets are real: BTG is pricing at over $500 right now. How crazy is that? https://yobit.net/en/trade/BTG/BTC

Heh, since I've already sold way more BTG than I'm going to be awarded, I'm def crossing 2 fingers that price falls between now and the actual token award.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Always an excellent discussion. I posted this 2 weeks ago:

Is anybody else evaluating prices to buy back in? If so, what prices are you thinking?

I just set buys at 5240, 5040, 4740 and 4440, but those choices are based on absolutely nothing, so if anybody's got any opinions, I'm all ears.

I suck at picking bottoms, so as a defense mechanism I'm forced to dollar cost average across multiple numbers.

The 5240 buy triggered, but not the other 3, which remain open. I'm hesitant to raise my buy in prices because for the first time since I started trading crypto almost 3 years ago, I'm not sure I can convince myself that BTC's undervalued.
    wishful thinking for anything under 5200... 5500 maybe if there is an overreaction from this fork at 9:45. would have to see something around down 8% more from the 5875 (current rate) that were at right now to get my to bite. I see a lot more value in the bottoming out of eth at the moment. down 13% in the last week to 282 (currently) but breaking even for the last month. thats more value in the surge as it will likely float its way back to 320 soon. I have a couple more figures which some may call positive speculation but thats my plan for this week... check in around 3am Wednesday, I think thats when we'lll get the best price Imo

JAKEPEAVY21

Hey, so far it turns out everybody was wrong. Those futures markets are real: BTG is pricing at over $500 right now. How crazy is that? https://yobit.net/en/trade/BTG/BTC

Heh, since I've already sold way more BTG than I'm going to be awarded, I'm def crossing 2 fingers that price falls between now and the actual token award.
    really wow?!?!

very nice

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    wishful thinking for anything under 5200... 5500 maybe if there is an overreaction from this fork at 9:45. would have to see something around down 8% more from the 5875 (current rate) that were at right now to get my to bite. I see a lot more value in the bottoming out of eth at the moment. down 13% in the last week to 282 (currently) but breaking even for the last month. thats more value in the surge as it will likely float its way back to 320 soon. I have a couple more figures which some may call positive speculation but thats my plan for this week... check in around 3am Wednesday, I think thats when we'lll get the best price Imo
    Valuable perspective. Are you a TA guy? It's always on my to-do list to address my weakness in picking tops and bottoms, but I never find time.

This current selloff's interesting. I actually just reset that $5240 buy in case people completely forget what a mess BTG's code is and keep selling BTC, but I'm not coming up any higher than that. One of the few absolute lessons I've learned in crypto is there's ALWAYS another crash.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

?? how have you sold the new coin already?

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    ?? how have you sold the new coin already?
    Not the actual token itself, but futures contracts to provide coins in the future at the market price as it was today.

So I was speculating the price would decline so I'd be able to buy cheap coins and hand them over at a profit for our agreed upon price and other guy was speculating the price would go up and I'd be paying big money for the coins I had to provide him at that price, which would now be a discount to him (and losses for me) vs the future market price.

Here's a couple markets. If you're in the mood, fill your boots!

https://yobit.net/en/trade/BTG/BTC

https://bleutrade.com/exchange/BTG/BTC

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Down 4% today.

MeanPeopleSuck

BTG's price has started to drop and that value should drain back into BTC, raising its price, so for those in a buying mood, right now's price of $5680ish seems like a decent entry point.

Heck, I even bought some just now, only 8 hours after saying my top buy order would stay at 5240(!) LOL, the crypto world changes fast, doesn't it?

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Valuable perspective. Are you a TA guy? It's always on my to-do list to address my weakness in picking tops and bottoms, but I never find time.

This current selloff's interesting. I actually just reset that $5240 buy in case people completely forget what a mess BTG's code is and keep selling BTC, but I'm not coming up any higher than that. One of the few absolute lessons I've learned in crypto is there's ALWAYS another crash.
    CVA.... and here's the overreaction. Stagnant right around 5500, dips to 5400 but then back to 5500. If we get to 5200, pulling the trigger. We're gonna be back at 6100 in 2 weeks

goofyre
    Cole World.

BTC down to $5485 and ETH to $296. I'd love for it to keep falling so I can buy some more ETH.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

BTC down to $5485 and ETH to $296. I'd love for it to keep falling so I can buy some more ETH.
    Eth will be at 500 by December. I bought some more yesterday at 285. Hoping to get some more this week

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

what is the allure of Eth?

goofyre
    Cole World.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Better technology than Bitcoin and other cryptos, just less known. I buy it instead of BTC since I'm hoping it equals BTC someday, where my profit margin would be significantly larger than buying bitcoin now.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

better technology than bitcoin and other cryptos, just less known. I buy it instead of btc since i'm hoping it equals btc someday, where my profit margin would be significantly larger than buying bitcoin now.
    sooner than you think boss.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Btc did the same and made a reverse back up. Think $300 mark is a good threshold before it follows btc. Still waiting out this btc surge we're seeing before I make any further moves
    I bought some a couple years ago and it went up and then came down so I got out. It continued to plummet. Then it reversed itself wildly eventually so you could be right.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Better technology than Bitcoin and other cryptos, just less known. I buy it instead of BTC since I'm hoping it equals BTC someday, where my profit margin would be significantly larger than buying bitcoin now.
    ok, good info

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Buy ether now? 296

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    One of Ethereum's major selling points is the ability to perform smart contracts which is very attractive for businesses/corporate in transactions so it has uses besides as a means of exchange like Bitcoin.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 10-25-17 at 02:15 PM.

First ... 35363738394041 ... Last