arie1985
    arie1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3134

Any proper UK bookmakers/agents with high £££ limits? Crypto is too expensive

I'm looking to place a regular or live NBA/NFL bet of about £4,000 as one off, not all the times ... the problem is that with crypto sites like Fairlay I need to transfer the funds from my UK account to an exchanger, pay 4% - 5% if not more (some charge 10%), and then do the same when transferring the funds back.

I once had a NFL bet of £5,000 where I got to my bank only £3,600 after all fees and exchanges (72%) but the bet itself was placed at EVEN odds so I lost 28% just from exchanges.

I was thinking of using Skrill or Payz with agents like AsianConnect, I'd still need to convert the £ to EUR and there would be some fees involved but this potentially won't erode the entire winnings like with Crypto.

Is there a better way of simply placing a bet without all these hassles? The regular online sites have limited me, and I can place a max £500 with one of them, which is probably going to be limited as well ... a UK betting shop won't help here because the NBA games are taking place very late at night and I want to have the live odds available.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

I think your problem is using a crypto exchange that charges 5%!

Go to Crypto.com, or just about anywhere else, and the trade fees are 0.5% or less.
    Points Awarded:

raiders72001 gave Optional 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

arie1985

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I think your problem is using a crypto exchange that charges 5%!

Go to Crypto.com, or just about anywhere else, and the trade fees are 0.5% or less.
    Which crypto exchange allows you to make a UK transfer and get instantly credited? I don't know of any.

Optional

Which one charges you 5% for that instant convenience?

My local one takes a few hours, or overnight, to credit the account. But I'll link this to the Bitcoin Betting sub forum and maybe a UK user can suggest something.

arie1985

Which one charges you 5% for that instant convenience?
    My local one takes a few hours, or overnight, to credit the account. But I'll link this to the Bitcoin Betting sub forum and maybe a UK user can suggest something.
    Paxful, Localcoinswap - you trade with other users.
    I prefer a deposit via credit/debit card or a UK bank transfer, waiting overnight isn't a solution, it's too dynamic, you want to hit it when it's available.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15096

9 Best Crypto Exchanges UK in 2023 – Compare Crypto Trading Platforms
    https://www.techopedia.com/cryptocur...to-exchange-uk

raiders72001

I'm not sure how it works in the UK but there may be a delay on the first transaction to verity your bank account.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by arie1985 View Post
    Paxful, Localcoinswap - you trade with other users.
    I prefer a deposit via credit/debit card or a UK bank transfer, waiting overnight isn't a solution, it's too dynamic, you want to hit it when it's available.
    Are you betting with the rent money or something Arie?

Just keep some cash in a crypto wallet as well as in your bank account.

And please dont tell me price changes bother you. Hold it as a tethered coin if that is the case.

You are just choosing to make this not work for you I think.

arie1985

Are you betting with the rent money or something Arie?

Just keep some cash in a crypto wallet as well as in your bank account.

And please dont tell me price changes bother you. Hold it as a tethered coin if that is the case.

You are just choosing to make this not work for you I think.
    I was thinking of keeping some crypto in USDT in Metamask and this would solve all the problems (as I only need to exchange it once), but I'm worried about it getting hacked, that's my biggest concern with crypto.

arie1985

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    These are shitty sites, they don't work instantly and you can't really rely on them, I still prefer to pay more % and exchange with someone instantly than having to rely on a company without any support e.g. I asked Kraken for help on Friday, no response until now, not surprised, these exchanges are NOT good for these kinds of things.

raiders72001

I was thinking of keeping some crypto in USDT in Metamask and this would solve all the problems (as I only need to exchange it once), but I'm worried about it getting hacked, that's my biggest concern with crypto.
    You're safe with Metamask and can connect with Trezor and Ledger if wanted.

Optional

https://www.independentreserve.com/ is an Australian regulated exchange. No rules about gambling usage in Australia.

They will make you supply a lot of ID and will require a wire transfer to fund it if non-Aussie. But it's well regulated and should be about as safe as any bank to hold funds. But Metamask is probably good as well.

arie1985

https://www.independentreserve.com/ is an Australian regulated exchange. No rules about gambling usage in Australia.

They will make you supply a lot of ID and will require a wire transfer to fund it if non-Aussie. But it's well regulated and should be about as safe as any bank to hold funds. But Metamask is probably good as well.
    Thanks, truly appreciate it.
    Seems like crypto sites have no match with the old ones like Ladbrokes, WHill and others who have also limited me, I tried BetUK, and also got limited there, so yeah, Crypto is the only way like you say.