mancity
    mancity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quick Bitcoin Question

Bitcoin users,

Do banks question you for suspicious activity when you transfer funds to your bank account using bitcoin? I use Coinbase and just transferred about 5k to my bank account.

mancity

Anyone?

KickShootThrow
    Make SBR Sharp Again!
    KickShootThrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

No you'll be fine

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by mancity View Post
    Bitcoin users,

Do banks question you for suspicious activity when you transfer funds to your bank account using bitcoin? I use Coinbase and just transferred about 5k to my bank account.

Can you explain using Bitcoin for payouts? I use 5dimes but am a little confused as to how it works.. (Setting up an account, linking all of them and requesting a payout)

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

nope

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Just keep it to exactly 9999.99 and you will be fine

mancity

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Can you explain using Bitcoin for payouts? I use 5dimes but am a little confused as to how it works.. (Setting up an account, linking all of them and requesting a payout)
    It's really simple.

1. Open a bitcoin account with any of the bitcoin wallets of your choice (I use Coinbase). Once you open your bitcoin account, there will be a wallet address, which consists of letters and numbers.

2. Go to 5dimes Cashier, Payouts, enter amount, select Cryptobitcoin, enter your wallet address, then click submit request. Since the wallet address changes, copy and paste the wallet address you entered while requesting your payout in 5dimes to Notes or somewhere safe. You will need it later.

3. The processing takes between 24 - 48 hours. 5dimes will send you a verification email. They will ask for your wallet address (the same one you entered when requesting the payout) and your 5dimes account id and password. Reply to the email with this info and you're set. After a few hours, money will be funded into your bitcoin account.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by mancity; 11-07-16 at 10:08 PM.

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

It's really simple.

1. Open a bitcoin account in any of the bitcoin wallets of your choice (I use Coinbase). Once you open your bitcoin account, there will be a wallet address, which consists of letters and numbers.

2. Go to 5dimes Cashier, Payouts, enter amount, select Cryptobitcoin, enter your wallet address, then click submit request. Since the wallet address changes, copy and paste the wallet address you entered while requesting your payout in 5dimes to Notes or somewhere safe. You will need it later.

3. The processing takes between 24 - 48 hours. 5dimes will send you a verification email . They will ask for your wallet address (the same one you entered when requesting the payout) and your 5dimes account id and password. Reply to the email with this info and you're set. After a few hours, money will be funded into your bitcoin account.

Hope this helps.
    I would use a blockchain wallet middle step here unless this is a one time payout.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Banks don't care.

mancity

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Banks don't care.
    Okay good cause I need to withdraw some more.

mancity

Quote Originally Posted by Memento View Post
    I would use a blockchain wallet middle step here unless this is a one time payout.
    Could you explain the blockchain wallet middle step?

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

Tellers at my bank told me they never heard of bitcoin. Got a feeling branch manager will tell me same thing.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Bitcoin users,

There have been posts about some banks asking about deposits from Coinbase. Usually smaller names. Major banks are fine with it and Coinbase is properly licensed so there should no reason for a bank to object anyway. If they do ask they just want to hear a plausible reason, like trading crypo-currencies, as all some people know about Bitcoin is Silk Road and drug sales or criminal activity.

Also, Coinbase bans gambling use for coins bought and sold there. So it is not a good idea to transfer to or from a book directly to them.

Most people get started by using a free blockchain.info/wallet as the first place they send to from Coinbase. Or last place they send from to Coinbase.

ParlayKing1986
    ParlayKing1986's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3437

I've done hundreds of deposits to circle ..and not one question from the bank side.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Banks don't care.
    The IRS might. IMO depositing into the banking system is a big mistake. Be smart out there boys.

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Parlayking....Of course not...only when sending money back in does it matter. Banks want to know where money comes from...try transferring 10000 into your account while closing on a house and see what the patriot act allows the bank to do.