PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Nitrogen Needs to up their fee for bitcoin transactions - waiting 7 hours now

They send your withdraws with 3-5 cents fee, when the average is 15-20 cents. I've been waiting 7 hours for confirmation, and the way it's looking it might be another 24 hours. They really need to either stop being so cheap and send along withdraws with 10-15 cents, or just start charging a quarter for withdraws and post that as a fee. Nobody would complain.

This is 2nd time this week this has happened to me. It pretty much neutralized their biggest competitive advantage which is their instant withdraws, so no idea why they will not address this.

PharaohUB

This one was my favorite. They sent my $100 equivalent withdraw along with another transaction of $90,000, and sent it with a fee of 3 cents. I had to wait until next morning to get my funds.

https://blockchain.info/tx/f86a2eac3...e72d916a852d14

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Sounds like a very good point and suggestion to me PharaohUB.

I'll make sure the SBR admin guys see this thread so they can pass on the feedback.

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993425

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    This one was my favorite. They sent my $100 equivalent withdraw along with another transaction of $90,000, and sent it with a fee of 3 cents. I had to wait until next morning to get my funds.

https://blockchain.info/tx/f86a2eac3...e72d916a852d14
    Please note the 142.2 BTC was just the 'change' from the transaction that was returned to one of Nitrogen's addresses. Two outputs for one transaction is common; that 142.2 BTC had no effect on the tipping fee or transaction speed.

We appreciate the feedback shared in your opening post and have relayed it to Nitrogen.

Fitz030808
    Fitz030808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16504

This must be a growing trend. I'm going on 4 hours with another book. I've never had a problem before. Currently zero confirmations. Can someone please educate me on what happens next?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz030808 View Post
    This must be a growing trend. I'm going on 4 hours with another book. I've never had a problem before. Currently zero confirmations. Can someone please educate me on what happens next?
    Are you still at zero confirmations Fitz?

If so, you can try rebroadcasting it.

Fitz030808
    Fitz030808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16504

It finally came through after about 8 hours. I've never had a delay before so that's why I was a little concerned.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

It's not Nitrogen's fault, it's a block size problem. There will be a change such as Segregated Witness to speed up transactions. Until then, we will have to live with delays now and then.

PharaohUB

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    It's not Nitrogen's fault, it's a block size problem. There will be a change such as Segregated Witness to speed up transactions. Until then, we will have to live with delays now and then.
    It most certainly was there fault. I sat there while block after block got confirmed and my transaction got skipped. The days of sending with 5 cents are gone. Most people send with at least 10-15 cents to make sure they get through. They need to either just up it to 10 cents, or if they can't afford it give us the option to pay the 10 cents. We are talking about a matter of pennies here.

raiders72001

It most certainly was there fault. I sat there while block after block got confirmed and my transaction got skipped. The days of sending with 5 cents are gone. Most people send with at least 10-15 cents to make sure they get through. They need to either just up it to 10 cents, or if they can't afford it give us the option to pay the 10 cents. We are talking about a matter of pennies here.
    The fees should come down with SegWit.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 10-22-16 at 04:27 PM.

PharaohUB

For the record ever since I complained to them via chat and complained on SBR my transactions are all being sent with 10 cents or so. Not sure if this just me or across the board, if the latter you are welcome.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave PharaohUB 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

raiders72001

For the record ever since I complained to them via chat and complained on SBR my transactions are all being sent with 10 cents or so. Not sure if this just me or across the board, if the latter you are welcome.
    Nice job.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

i sent bitcoin to nitrogen today because i was in a hurry to bet a live nfl game when i realized after i sent it that they didnt offer my game (only had like 5 nfl games available for live betting). frustrated and in a hurry i waited til my small deposit had 1 confirmation and tried to withdraw a small part of my deposit back to my blockchain wallet so that I could send some to 5dimes to bet my game. for some reason it kept telling me my withdraw address was wrong and i tried it like 3 times knowing that it was correct. again frustrated and in a hurry, i decided to just withdraw the coins to the 5dimes deposit address that was given to me on their site.

this was 2.5 hours ago and its still showing 0 confirmations and there are no funds on 5dimes. on chat they said they see the transaction but can't add my funds until there is 1 confirmation.

is there going to be a problem with my transaction since i "withdrew" on nitrogen to the address that was given to me on 5dimes to deposit?

btw my bet (saints money line) lost so at least theres that...

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

just confirmed and hit 5dimes so all is well

PharaohUB

nope three fckin cents again and waiting 8 hours
    Last edited by Optional; 10-24-16 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Best not to post addresses and IPs for your transfers from books online.

PharaohUB

i'm done playing there. its' fairlay for me only

SBR Forum

Nitrogen has increased the tipping fee on withdrawals which should meet the new expectations from miners for transaction priority and reducing wait time for blockchain confirmations.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

PharaohUB

Good for them. I will never play there again. I have never been more annoyed with a book and how they treated me. Deflecting blame for the issue, and not willing to admit fault, or do anything for me. It wasn't like I talked to them once about the fee, it was multiple times. And the most recent couple of times it cost me money in fees because I had bitcoin stuck in limbo and I had to obtain some quickly via a method that got me on fees. None of this would have happened if it didn't take 24 hours to process my withdraw. Now all of a sudden they figured out how to raise fees, when before told me that it had nothing to do with them? I have thousands in action a week with these guys, but no longer. I will donate my money elsewhere.

hustlehard617
    hustlehard617's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10698

I have been waiting 36 hrs
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PharaohUB

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by hustlehard617 View Post
    I have been waiting 36 hrs
    You can rebroadcast it by adding "?format=hex" to the end of the blockchain.info/tx URL. https://blockchain.info/pushtx

PharaohUB

If they sent withdraw with 3 cents then it's not going to confirm until the unconfirmed transactions clear out that pay more. Nobody is going to pick up the transaction until then. Today might be the day. Traffic seems slower.

Optional

If they sent withdraw with 3 cents then it's not going to confirm until the unconfirmed transactions clear out that pay more. Nobody is going to pick up the transaction until then. Today might be the day. Traffic seems slower.
    Seen posters waiting on sends with less than the minimum fee ratio for many hours a couple of times who got a confirmation 10 mins after doing a rebroadcast.

I think getting them back to the top of the queue so they get noticed at all is what does it.

Optional

Here's a tutorial for anyone reading wanting to try a rebroadcast;

https://blog.blockchain.com/2014/07/...n-transaction/

raiders72001

I know it's not going to help the one above but they are now sending out 39 cents, at least for the one I just took, and it's going in the next block.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Seen posters waiting on sends with less than the minimum fee ratio for many hours a couple of times who got a confirmation 10 mins after doing a rebroadcast.

I think getting them back to the top of the queue so they get noticed at all is what does it.
    I've seen the same. Things change but in the past it's not always been highest fee next. It seems as though a fee that is greatly higher than the others goes in the next block.

As you posted earlier, the miners may be screwing with us trying to jack up fees. Not sure.

SBR Forum

Good for them. I will never play there again. I have never been more annoyed with a book and how they treated me. Deflecting blame for the issue, and not willing to admit fault, or do anything for me. It wasn't like I talked to them once about the fee, it was multiple times. And the most recent couple of times it cost me money in fees because I had bitcoin stuck in limbo and I had to obtain some quickly via a method that got me on fees. None of this would have happened if it didn't take 24 hours to process my withdraw. Now all of a sudden they figured out how to raise fees, when before told me that it had nothing to do with them? I have thousands in action a week with these guys, but no longer. I will donate my money elsewhere.
    We understand your frustration, but it really isn't unusual that a customer service rep would not talk about changing a cashier option with a player or even be able to verify what you were saying, not to mention the fact that they don't have the authority to do so. Upper management was already aware of your report and similar from other players.