luctens
    luctens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 724

Netbet

Netbet first UK licenced operation to do Bitcoin: http://calvinayre.com/2016/10/17/bus...coin-payments/

Netbet are obviously trying to steal a march on their competitors and differentiate themselves but I can't see it catching on at all with UK punters. Unlike in USA etc, UK punters have the availability of pretty much any payment method they could ever want and it's still at a stage with UK gamblers that a lot of them wouldn't even know what an e-wallet is, let alone Bitcoin.

UK punters simply haven't had the need to look for alternatives like Bitcoin and especially with the recreational customers the bookmakers want, old habits die extremely hard and I can't see these types of customers showing the desire to learn how to use Bitcoin as it's nowhere near mainstream in the UK and most people won't have heard of Bitcoin, won't have a clue what it is, won't have the first idea of how to use it and won't trust that it's secure like the knowledge and trust they already have heavily engrained into them with current established payment methods, and most even after hearing about won't be bothered to learn the ins and outs of it, as there is simply no need for them to do so, as they have other far more established and easy to understand payment methods available to them, so I simply cannot see Bitcoin catching on with UK punters whatsoever.
    Last edited by luctens; 10-17-16 at 05:48 PM.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20471

Quote Originally Posted by luctens View Post
    Netbet first UK licenced operation to do Bitcoin: http://calvinayre.com/2016/10/17/bus...coin-payments/

Netbet are obviously trying to steal a march on their competitors and differentiate themselves but I can't see it catching on at all with UK punters. Unlike in USA etc, UK punters have the availability of pretty much any payment method they could ever want and it's still at a stage with UK gamblers that a lot of them wouldn't even know what an e-wallet is, let alone Bitcoin.

UK punters simply haven't had the need to look for alternatives like Bitcoin and especially with the recreational customers the bookmakers want, old habits die extremely hard and I can't see these types of customers showing the desire to learn how to use Bitcoin as it's nowhere near mainstream in the UK and most people won't have heard of Bitcoin, won't have a clue what it is, won't have the first idea of how to use it and won't trust that it's secure like the knowledge and trust they already have heavily engrained into them with current established payment methods, and most even after hearing about won't be bothered to learn the ins and outs of it, as there is simply no need for them to do so, as they have other far more established and easy to understand payment methods available to them, so I simply cannot see Bitcoin catching on with UK punters whatsoever.
    Agree totally.
    And as it stands, same here in Australia.
    I've never seen the need to get involved in Bitcoin.
    However, that might change if the government proceeds with the idea of barring access to offshore bookies.

tennischallenger
    tennischallenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

All guys who I know using btc are from the US - with Skrill, Neteller and all other methods btc isn't that big in the UK (Europe in general).

Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9201

Quote Originally Posted by tennischallenger View Post
    All guys who I know using btc are from the US - with Skrill, Neteller and all other methods btc isn't that big in the UK (Europe in general).
    I use bitcoin from Australia.

Saves on foreign exchange fees with books who do not accept AU$

Plus it makes me feel good to not give money to the parasitic traditional banking system.

I would use it to buy anything I order from overseas if I could.

tennischallenger
    tennischallenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I use bitcoin from Australia.

Saves on foreign exchange fees with books who do not accept AU$

Plus it makes me feel good to not give money to the parasitic traditional banking system.

I would use it to buy anything I order from overseas if I could.
    Yes, forgot that a lot of AUS dudes like to use it too, but it still hasn't become big in Europe (and I doubt it will any time soon - we will have to wait and see)

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20471

Quote Originally Posted by tennischallenger View Post
    Yes, forgot that a lot of AUS dudes like to use it too, but it still hasn't become big in Europe (and I doubt it will any time soon - we will have to wait and see)
    I know hardly anyone in Australia using BTC, let alone even knowing what it is!

I really have little need to use books which don't accept AUD so the bank/exchange fees issue doesn't arise for me.

king7811
    Update your status
    king7811's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 517

It's the first time that I heard this bitcoin. However it seems very useful as an alternative.

dirtdog52658
    dirtdog52658's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2235

Bet365 hinted on chat the other day that it would be coming shortly. That a lot customers were asking about this method of payment. Should be about a year before they all take it over there.

luctens
    luctens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 724

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog52658 View Post
    Bet365 hinted on chat the other day that it would be coming shortly. That a lot customers were asking about this method of payment. Should be about a year before they all take it over there.
    Bet365 are almost always first to market with whatever new thing there is and if they aren't first, they are very fast at copying others and doing it better than the rest, like Bet365 copying and then going above and beyond Ladbrokes with Horse Racing Best Odds Guaranteed Plus, so you can be sure Bet365 won't be far behind in doing Bitcoin in the continuation of their pursuit of world domination by bulldozing and top trumping all of the other bookmakers out there.
    Last edited by luctens; 10-18-16 at 10:29 AM.