cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

Quote Originally Posted by nymfan99 View Post
    How do you change the fee! I didn't know this
    depends on the wallet. with blockchain it's in the advanced send dropdown:http://imgur.com/a/cVhjZ . if you type .0008 for the fee, that would be around .50

nymfan99
    nymfan99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4877

yeah I see now, but is it amendable after I sent?

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Quote Originally Posted by nymfan99 View Post
    whats the longest someone has waited?

I'm at 20 hours
    24 hours now for me.

psufan
    psufan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4599

Ive been waiting for a withdrawal from nitrogen to confirm to my block chain wallet about 12 hours now. Its annoying bc any subsequent transactions after are still marked pending as well. Hope it all confirms soon. Its a little unnerving with how much is stored in those little coins of not much data haha

ParlayKing1986
    ParlayKing1986's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3437

Had a 100 dollar deposit today with 20 cent fee....got 2 confirmations in 2 minutes...seems pretty random

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Wasn't aware of these long delays. Sent a transaction from nitro it's been unconfirmed for nearly 4 hours.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Bitcoin is having a lot of scale-ability issues. There are too many transactions to process for their capacity. Therefore miner's are just going to pick and choose the transactions with the highest fees to include in the block. Miner's love this because people are paying more and more fees to get to the front of the line. Segwit or whatever you call it that people keep saying will make things better is highly contested and there isn't even much confidence in the bitcoin forums that it's actually going to happen. Even then it's only a temporary fix.

Unless bitcoin core devs figure this out, it would be nice if another alt currency would take hold in the gambling community. There are plenty out there that hold value that could be trade back and forth just like bitcoin, and when you are ready to cash out just then convert that alt coin to bitcoin and at that point throw on a $1 fee to to ensure it gets confirmed. It's becoming clear we can't trust the books to use a proper fee, as they are all about cost cutting.

Don't plan on getting any confirmations anytime soon if your fee is less that 10 cents. The unconfirmed transactions list is climbing and climbing and showing no downward trend. All new transactions are being put in at much higher than 10 cents and they will all take precedence over you. Demand > Supply.

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

I've been btchin about the fees Nitro sends their withdraws with and letting them know its going to be a huge problem for their business. Private messaged them about it, and posted here and other places. I was basically ignored, and now I bet they will be dealing with a lot of pissed off people over the next couple of weeks.

The volume is unprecedented, and people will just keep paying more and more fees, and your transactions will not get processed anytime soon, if ever.

If it's sent from your wallet you can double spend and tack on a higher fee and it will get confirmed, but if you are receiving you are at the mercy of the blockchain and whether or not the sending party comes up with a solution to get you your funds.

Again this upward trend is unprecedented and I hope everyone gets their coin but you may never. Especially if your withdraw was from Nitrogen and their paultry fees. They are getting a bad name all over the internet at bitcointalk and reddit now as well.

Last edited by PharaohUB; 10-26-16 at 01:05 PM.

hustlehard617
    hustlehard617's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10698

I sent bitcoin from Airbitz to coinbase and it's been pending 12 hrs how can I send a higher fee

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    Bitcoin is having a lot of scale-ability issues. There are too many transactions to process for their capacity. Therefore miner's are just going to pick and choose the transactions with the highest fees to include in the block. Miner's love this because people are paying more and more fees to get to the front of the line. Segwit or whatever you call it that people keep saying will make things better is highly contested and there isn't even much confidence in the bitcoin forums that it's actually going to happen. Even then it's only a temporary fix.

Unless bitcoin core devs figure this out, it would be nice if another alt currency would take hold in the gambling community. There are plenty out there that hold value that could be trade back and forth just like bitcoin, and when you are ready to cash out just then convert that alt coin to bitcoin and at that point throw on a $1 fee to to ensure it gets confirmed. It's becoming clear we can't trust the books to use a proper fee, as they are all about cost cutting.

Don't plan on getting any confirmations anytime soon if your fee is less that 10 cents. The unconfirmed transactions list is climbing and climbing and showing no downward trend. All new transactions are being put in at much higher than 10 cents and they will all take precedence over you. Demand > Supply.

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

I've been btchin about the fees Nitro sends their withdraws with and letting them know its going to be a huge problem for their business. Private messaged them about it, and posted here and other places. I was basically ignored, and now I bet they will be dealing with a lot of pissed off people over the next couple of weeks.

The volume is unprecedented, and people will just keep paying more and more fees, and your transactions will not get processed anytime soon, if ever.

If it's sent from your wallet you can double spend and tack on a higher fee and it will get confirmed, but if you are receiving you are at the mercy of the blockchain and whether or not the sending party comes up with a solution to get you your funds.

Again this upward trend is unprecedented and I hope everyone gets their coin but you may never. Especially if your withdraw was from Nitrogen and their paultry fees. They are getting a bad name all over the internet at bitcointalk and reddit now as well.

The scalabilty issue has been known about from the beginning since the 1 MB cap only allows 7 transactions per second. Micro-transactions have clogged the blockchain in the past whether as a test or to just cause a log jam.

There are many alt-currencies that have been trading for years. Some are completely anonymous without any trails. It would have been nice if one had caught on.

It was once thought that there was going to be a switch to Bitcoin XT to solve the scalability issue but that fell short on support. High hopes were for Ethereum until the DAO hack.

Most likely the only thing that can block SegWit is ViaBTC. SegWit needs 95% of the hashing power. ViaBTC has been discovering over 7% of the blocks.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 10-26-16 at 10:08 PM.

mana21
    mana21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4665

21 hours and counting...

cloverfield

Quote Originally Posted by mana21 View Post
    21 hours and counting...
    my .13 fee transactions finally confirmed after 14 hours. my .50 fee one did it in 10 mins. it won't help your previous transaction, but if you want to do a new one, make sure you raise that fee to get it confirmed quickly

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfield View Post
    my .13 fee transactions finally confirmed after 14 hours. my .50 fee one did it in 10 mins. it won't help your previous transaction, but if you want to do a new one, make sure you raise that fee to get it confirmed quickly
    50 cents sent on how much? That fee doesn't seem to be enough in this case...

daveydips
    daveydips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1396

It took 5 hours for me last Saturday, blockchain to coinbase ... Did another 1 yesterday, pending with 0 confirmations going on 24 hours at the moment

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Confirmed after 27hours.

PharaohUB

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    The scalabilty issue has been known about from the beginning since the 1 MB cap only allows 7 transactions per second. Micro-transactions have clogged the blockchain in the past whether as a test or to just cause a log jam.

There are many alt-currencies that have been trading for years. Some are completely anonymous without any trails. It would have been nice if one had caught on.

It was once thought that there was going to be a switch to Bitcoin XT to solve the scalability issue but that fell short on support. High hopes were for Ethereum until the DAO hack.

Most likely the only thing that can block SegWit is ViaBTC. SegWit needs 95% of the hashing power. ViaBitcoin has been discovering over 7% of the blocks.
    This isn't my first rodeo with bitcoin I was on since the beginning and way before it became big in the gambling world.

The problem is that this time the log jam appears to be due to actual supply being less than demand.

On the reverse, if it is spam from someone with an agenda than it is from someone with very deep pockets to make them look like real transactions, and you can decide what to do with that info.

Either way I wouldn't compare what's happening these last couple days to the log jams in the past. I would have a little deeper concern with what's going on.

Bitcoin isn't winning any new adopters this week I can tell you that.

PharaohUB

And by the way I'm stuck out about $1500 if these low fee transactions never confirm... so I'm probably a little more concerned and interested in this that others .

Unconfirmed transactions at 56K+ and rising. Was 50K when I posted a few hours.

cloverfield

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    .5 BTC, .35 BTC and .44 BTC... all processed in 10-20 mins with a .50-.60 cent fee.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

I had loads of problems this past Sunday. Took 3 hours for about $200 to go from coinbase to blockchain.info because 0 confirmations. Then another 2 hours for a smaller amount to go from coinbase to block. When I cashed out from nitrogen it took another 3 hours to hit 5dimes (withdrew from nitrogen directly to 5d). Then later in the evening it only took 30 min for a withdrawal from nitrogen to blockchain

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

cincy
    cincy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1224

I have a lot of bitcoins on blockchain now. Is it safer to transfer some of these to my circle or coinbase account so I don't have all my bitcoins in one blockchain account? I admit I do not understand blockchain or understand if this is like a company that can go out of business or whatever. I realize I need to increase the fee by clicking advanced if I want the transfer to go thru quickly.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13827

Normally my transactions are confirmed in under an hour. I'm at 32 hours now. It was for 1.5 BTC too

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Quote Originally Posted by cincy View Post
    I have a lot of bitcoins on blockchain now. Is it safer to transfer some of these to my circle or coinbase account so I don't have all my bitcoins in one blockchain account? I admit I do not understand blockchain or understand if this is like a company that can go out of business or whatever. I realize I need to increase the fee by clicking advanced if I want the transfer to go thru quickly.
    No. Its best to leave it where it is unless you need to move it right now.

Chances are it will just be held up in transit like these other people are saying.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post

The amount of bitcoin in the transaction makes zero difference.

It's the size of the transaction file in kilobytes that matters. You want to use about 7 cents per 100kb for optimal speed/value right now.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Anyone know what happens if the transaction with zero confirms gets sent back to book address? I'm pushing 36 hours with zero for a good amount. Will the book just send me back the same amount of bitcoins or will they try to send me back the amount I withdrew? It's a good book but I'm not thrilled that I would have to deal with there cs on this type of matter, I'm sure it would be an issue to get them to figure it out. Plus the coins went up during this.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    Anyone know what happens if the transaction with zero confirms gets sent back to book address? I'm pushing 36 hours with zero for a good amount. Will the book just send me back the same amount of bitcoins or will they try to send me back the amount I withdrew? It's a good book but I'm not thrilled that I would have to deal with there cs on this type of matter, I'm sure it would be an issue to get them to figure it out. Plus the coins went up during this.
    I would guess they will just rebroadcast it as is by default.

I think it would be more likely to annoy waiting customers to cancel everything and ask them to resubmit a new request.

If I was you I would ask your book to cancel the request it if does not go through, in advance. As I bet the re-send will happen before most people even realize the first one failed... if it actually does fail.

But, I don't think these transactions will fail and you will be stuck with whatever amount you see now.

Optional

Actually just realized... if the price of bitcoin has gone up surely you don't want them to recalculate and send you less btc now?

Or am I missing something?

Legions36

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I would guess they will just rebroadcast it as is by default.

I think it would be more likely to annoy waiting customers to cancel everything and ask them to resubmit a new request.

If I was you I would ask your book to cancel the request it if does not go through, in advance. As I bet the re-send will happen before most people even realize the first one failed... if it actually does fail.

But, I don't think these transactions will fail and you will be stuck with whatever amount you see now.
    I think I saw they sent it with .06 cents fees so I might be on the bottom of barrel. Oh well I'm ahead in process just gotta wait it out until this gets fixed, I did see the backlog was 70k on blockchain not to long ago.

Legions36

Actually just realized... if the price of bitcoin has gone up surely you don't want them to recalculate and send you less btc now?

Or am I missing something?
    No way do I want them to do that, I'm up over $30 per coin on this wait, they already sent it to my address if I forgot to say that just no confirms yet on 36 hours.

Optional

Oh I see.

Misunderstood the point. But agree you should get the amount you were originally sent still.

cincy
    cincy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1224

The amount of bitcoin in the transaction makes zero difference.

It's the size of the transaction file in kilobytes that matters. You want to use about 7 cents per 100kb for optimal speed/value right now.
    I clicked on a completed transfer and under summary the first line is the byte size so I guess that is what you are referring to. But how do I know the size before I do the transfer so I can calculate the cents I should apply for the fee. Most of my transfers show 225 bytes so should I pay 1.6 cents in fees (0.225 x 7)? That seems too low for the fees. Thanks

Optional

I clicked on a completed transfer and under summary the first line is the byte size so I guess that is what you are referring to. But how do I know the size before I do the transfer so I can calculate the cents I should apply for the fee. Most of my transfers show 225 bytes so should I pay 1.6 cents in fees (0.225 x 7)? That seems too low for the fees. Thanks
    Your calc is a bit out. it's about 7 cents per 100kb right now... so 225 kb (which is dead on the average transaction size) is about 16 cents for optimal.

The link Raiders posted https://bitcoinfees.21.co/ tells you right under the graphs what the current optimal fee is for an average size (225kb) transaction

Which fee should I use?

The fastest and cheapest transaction fee is currently 110 satoshis/byte, shown in green at the top.
    For the median transaction size of 226 bytes, this results in a fee of 24,860 satoshis (0.16$).

There must be a way to see this kb size before sending.

Was never a big issue before now so havent really looked hard before... but I have not been able to work out how with the blockchain.info/wallet

cloverfield

"normal" fee would be 13 cents for it to go through relatively quickly. with this delay you'd want to set the fee at around .007 or .008 which would be around .50 cents if you want it to go through quickly. you will USUALLY be at about 225-286 bytes on a normal transaction.

Optional

I've been using kilobytes where I should have been saying bytes above just realized.

Optional

Here's a tip about transaction size;

If you have funds sitting in your wallet that has been received at multiple internal addresses then the byte size of your transaction will be higher if the amount you are sending needs to be drawn from more than one of them.

If you consolidate those funds into one internal address before sending it will minimize the transaction size.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Does anyone have any info or speculation on what the correlation is between blockchain logjams and the actual price of BTC rising? It seems that every time we get a major blockchain delay issue, the price goes up pretty substantially. I find that a bit odd as I don't understand why this is and it seems counterintuitive. I would think that if there was an issue and bad publicity that the price would go down but there seems to be some kind of inverse relationship going on here.

First 12345 Last