habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

How fast are BTC only books supposed to be?

I'm not complaining but I'm curious now since I made my first BTC only book deposit and wager today. It took like 2 minutes for it to generate the deposit address. After I clicked send at my wallet, it took about 5 minute for the deposit to show up in my book account. Is this normal timing? The reason I ask is cause everyone has been raving about how fast the BTC only books are, how they're instant or 20 seconds most and that wasn't the case for me at all. Don't get me wrong, 5 minutes is still fast, just not what I was expecting based on what other people have said.

futbolmundial
    Update your status
    futbolmundial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Each shop has different rules as to how fast they credit btc deposits. Some may wait until a confirmation on the chain before crediting your account while others may credit you asap once it is received. Nothing is ever instant when it comes to btc. You are always waiting on either the shop to credit or send you your funds. Also speeds could vary on the blockchain traffic at the time. I have had several btc transactions both sending and receiving that have taken longer than 2 hours.... usually when the chain is slow.
    Last edited by futbolmundial; 09-04-16 at 03:14 PM.
    Points Awarded:

habitualwinning gave futbolmundial 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

That is pretty slow. Bovada is 30 seconds. And they are Bovada.

habitualwinning

Quote Originally Posted by futbolmundial View Post
    Each shop has different rules as to how fast they credit btc deposits. Some may wait until a confirmation on the chain before crediting your account while others may credit you asap once it is received. Nothing is ever instant when it comes to btc. You are always waiting on either the shop to credit or send you your funds. Also speeds could vary on the blockchain traffic at the time. I have had several btc transactions both sending and receiving that have taken longer than 2 hours.... usually when the chain is slow.
    Wow, I didn't know all that. Thanks for the info man. I'm digging this BTC stuff, just a lot to learn with all the technicalities and all. I have another BTC question I'd like to ask. Are there any BTC wallets that store your money as USD only, to avoid fluctuations or do they all keep them as BTC? I was thinking that would be good to have just in case there's ever a sharp drop sometime or something.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9201

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post

Wow, I didn't know all that. Thanks for the info man. I'm digging this BTC stuff, just a lot to learn with all the technicalities and all. I have another BTC question I'd like to ask. Are there any BTC wallets that store your money as USD only, to avoid fluctuations or do they all keep them as BTC? I was thinking that would be good to have just in case there's ever a sharp drop sometime or something.
    Both Circle.com and Coinbase offer this.

habitualwinning

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Both Circle.com and Coinbase offer this.
    Aren't those the ones that everyone's getting banned from though for using gambling sites? Unless I'm mistaken I thought people were saying they keep getting banned from those two. I've only used blockchain, localbitcoins and airbitz so far all are great. Haven't yet done any BTC wallet to bank account transactions. That's what scares me. I don't wanna get banned from any sites.