Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21609

Quote Originally Posted by ClippersSux View Post
    I'm receiving "insufficient funds" error message when I tried to send bitcoin from bitpay wallet to the bitpay debit card. Anyone know how to fix this? I've already tried lower the amount by a few hundred bucks.
    reboot your phone and try it again, the fee is usually cents, what happens is the btc value changes so quick that the amount showing is not updated, once you reboot your phone, lessen the amount by .50 cents to transfer and hopefully it’ll work.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Pinoy-T-X 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ClippersSux
    ClippersSux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1047

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy-T-X View Post
    reboot your phone and try it again, the fee is usually cents, what happens is the btc value changes so quick that the amount showing is not updated, once you reboot your phone, lessen the amount by .50 cents to transfer and hopefully it’ll work.
    Is there a way for me to change the default miner's fee when I send bitcoin (from bitpay wallet) to bitpay card?

Pinoy-T-X

Is there a way for me to change the default miner's fee when I send bitcoin (from bitpay wallet) to bitpay card?
    Sorry, I don’t know. Optional or some guys in the forum might know.
    did your transaction work?

ClippersSux
    ClippersSux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1047

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy-T-X View Post
    Sorry, I don’t know. Optional or some guys in the forum might know.
    did your transaction work?
    Yes. It's under settings to change the miners fee. The default is normal. Lost a hundred bucks trying to figure this for the first time. Expensive lesson.

Pinoy-T-X

Yes. It's under settings to change the miners fee. The default is normal. Lost a hundred bucks trying to figure this for the first time. Expensive lesson.
    What?! Sorry to hear that.
    it shouldn’t cost that much for normal probably less than a dollar for the fee.
    unless, the price of btc changed while time elapsed?
    Last edited by Pinoy-T-X; 06-15-18 at 11:37 PM.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90264

Confused? So I can or can not send from blockchain Wallet to the bitpay card???

Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9201

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Confused? So I can or can not send from blockchain Wallet to the bitpay card???
    Do you want to get complicated about it Mike? If so, it can be done.

If not, it's easier to just change to a personal wallet that supports the "Payment Protocol" compatibility that BitPay wants you to use.

If you want a phone app wallet, Airbitz works. Mycellium works as a desktop wallet.

(in case you don't realize, if you use the same 12 word seed phrase your existing blockchain wallet/transactions will appear in the new wallet)

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15709

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Do you want to get complicated about it Mike? If so, it can be done.

If not, it's easier to just change to a personal wallet that supports the "Payment Protocol" compatibility that BitPay wants you to use.

If you want a phone app wallet, Airbitz works. Mycellium works as a desktop wallet.

(in case you don't realize, if you use the same 12 word seed phrase your existing blockchain wallet/transactions will appear in the new wallet)
    Opti, make sure we throw in Edge in addition to/as opposed to Airbitz

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Microphone View Post

Opti, make sure we throw in Edge in addition to/as opposed to Airbitz
    Have we worked out if Edge will replace Airbitz yet?

One is much easier for first time users to find in the app store is why I stuck with saying Airbitz.

Brewcity
    Brewcity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4718

Have we worked out if Edge will replace Airbitz yet?

One is much easier for first time users to find in the app store is why I stuck with saying Airbitz.
    Its pretty much the same. If you have airbitz, use the same login info. All old transactions pop right up. When you send there, it literally shows up instantly (even b4 confirmations), so you can send to book. Also, airbitz is btc only. Edge has other crypto...btc, btc cash as well as others. Its the same as airbitz, but better.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

Optional

Thanks Brewcity

Brewcity
    Brewcity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4718

Thanks Brewcity
    You bet

DegenSquad
    DegenSquad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Bumping this thread, so its been 2.5 years and the card seems to still be going. Has anyone run into tax liabilities with this card, seeing that they require your SSN? how are you guys reporting this

Frank Mills
    Frank Mills's Avatar Become A Pro!

Think if SBR betpoints were taken by more forums and even companies. One day you be able to play your light bill with SBR betpoints.

That's bitcoin folks

UBNVS
    UBNVS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5878

I just got the card In the mail today. You can put money directly into your bank account from the BitPay card correct? And if so how long does it take?

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Quote Originally Posted by UBNVS View Post
    I just got the card In the mail today. You can put money directly into your bank account from the BitPay card correct? And if so how long does it take?
    No, just go to Walmart or post office and buy money orders...that’s best way to cash out or use ATMs but fees involved

Optional

Someone mentioned many pages ago in this thread that they can withdraw over the counter at their bank and get larger amounts and lower (or no?) fees.

But you can't transfer into a bank account directly.

TonyPhizzle
    TonyPhizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

Not sure if you guys knew but BitPay is actually connected to green dot. So if you ever wanted to load your card you can by using MoneyPakkk or swipe at Walmart/Walgreens/cvs

UBNVS

Someone mentioned many pages ago in this thread that they can withdraw over the counter at their bank and get larger amounts and lower (or no?) fees.

But you can't transfer into a bank account directly.
    Ok I must’ve read their terms wrong. I thought I saw ach deposit for 5 dollar fee

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

Hi guys,

Not sure if it was mentioned before in this thread but earlier this year I signed up to Mistertango.
    They released a master card, fiat currencies but easy to exchange to Bitcoin and vice versa.

The issue is, their card was disabled on November 1st, and they promised to send a new one on December 1st.

Today is December 8 and I think they are just bullshitting their customers. I now very doubt this card will be shipped, I was already surprised they would send a new card that quick, within a month (remember Advcash?).

Anyone here who has an account at Mistertango? (they are in Lithuania).

littlekona

Ok I must’ve read their terms wrong. I thought I saw ach deposit for 5 dollar fee
    you can load your pay check on the card via ach at no charge....what you saw was fee for ACH payouts as you can use the routing number just like a checking account to pay bills or send money like you do with checking accounts but they charge fee for that so best just to use the card number to pay stuff

UBNVS

When withdrawing from an atm do you select savings or checking?

TheToffer
    TheToffer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6063

When withdrawing from an atm do you select savings or checking?
    Checking, but it is expensive. I just get cash back as the grocery/drug store.

RocketMan$$$
    RocketMan$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

This is the easiest. Buy stuff at the store and get 200 bucks back, plus I use the card for everything.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15274

Quote Originally Posted by DegenSquad View Post
    Bumping this thread, so its been 2.5 years and the card seems to still be going. Has anyone run into tax liabilities with this card, seeing that they require your SSN? how are you guys reporting this
    https://blog.bitpay.com/tax-tools/

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Also remember it is a pre paid card...people use pre pay cards like a bank so unless you are doing more then your yearly work wages pretty easy to say you load with your pay funds which can not be taxed twice

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    Also remember it is a pre paid card...people use pre pay cards like a bank so unless you are doing more then your yearly work wages pretty easy to say you load with your pay funds which can not be taxed twice
    I agree. I use all kinds of different prepaid cards and never reported taxes. Unless your moving millions of dollars I don't think it's an issue.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

best way to use the bitpay card to get large sums off in one day, buy USPS Money orders or Walmart Money Orders. Each are as good as gold.

you can get $2500 a pop at Walmart, $1000 at the Post office, then just buy upto your daily limit, which should be $10,000.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3008

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    best way to use the bitpay card to get large sums off in one day, buy USPS Money orders or Walmart Money Orders. Each are as good as gold.

you can get $2500 a pop at Walmart, $1000 at the Post office, then just buy upto your daily limit, which should be $10,000.
    Sounds like a good plan, can you elaborate on the procedure in detail. I've never used money orders like that.

RUNandGun
    RUNandGun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 249

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post

Are you getting a *********** made out to yourself and then just depositing it in your bank or cashing it? Why not just sell it on Coinbase pro for free and deposit to your bank for free?

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by RUNandGun View Post
    Are you getting a *********** made out to yourself and then just depositing it in your bank or cashing it? Why not just sell it on Coinbase pro for free and deposit to your bank for free?
    coinbase sucks.. bitpay is instant and much better cash out solution IMO weather its money orders, ATM or just making purchases

JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

I transferred bt-c into money on my bit-pay card and I have been buying a 50c pack of gum at wally mart and then

getting $100 cash back for several days in a row now.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool20 View Post
    I transferred bt-c into money on my bit-pay card and I have been buying a 50c pack of gum at wally mart and then

getting $100 cash back for several days in a row now.
    there is a grocer that allows 200 back near me sometimes Ill go buy a banana 12 cents $200 back then a orange 25 cents and 200 back then a donut 89 cents and 200 back all back to back to back...LOL love love love it!

RUNandGun
    RUNandGun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 249

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    coinbase sucks.. bitpay is instant and much better cash out solution IMO weather its money orders, ATM or just making purchases
    Agree normal Coinbase does but pro is free for maker sell orders. You set the price to sell at and no fee. The card I can see if you need the cash ASAP and can’t wait 3 days for the transfer to your bank. Or if your trying to stay under the radar on the amount of money you are receiving.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by RUNandGun View Post
    Agree normal Coinbase does but pro is free for maker sell orders. You set the price to sell at and no fee. The card I can see if you need the cash ASAP and can’t wait 3 days for the transfer to your bank. Or if your trying to stay under the radar on the amount of money you are receiving.
    as far as exchanges Gemini exchange for USA is best takes 1 business day for funds to hit bank on withdrawals BUT purchases though made available to but btc take 4 business days to clear and always best market rates

First ... 24252627282930 Last