habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post
    Good find. I'll check it out.

I'm also gonna tail DontTailMe on the crypto.com card.

I tried one of the European crypto cards last year that was claiming widespread acceptance here, but I must've tried 25 ATM's without success. I forget it's exact name, but it's something like Crystal or Crysteria or something. Take their hype with a grain of salt, not recommended.
    Ya I've been researching these cards since there's nothing better to do. So far all I've been able to find for USA is the 3 just mentioned and 2 of them are issued by the same bank. There might be others but I wouldn't trust them if there's not a review on it from a reputable site like nerdwallet or another of the sites that review and compare credit/debit cards. What bank is that crypto mco card issued by?

This is a side note but I figured I'd point it out. When it comes to these "prepaid" debit/************ there's only a handful of banks that issue almost all of them. I thought that was weird when I was looking into this topic. There are hundreds/thousands of independent banks in the USA but only a couple issue almost all of the prepaid cards. I just thought that was strange. It's a very consolidated industry despite all of the different brandings out there.

Camma23
    Camma23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2293

these crypto debit cards are ofc a valid alternative to (shitty) Skrill and Neteller, but they have a problem : high fees.... almost all companies have 2%, that is seriously too high for ATM cash withdrawals....is there any solution for it? the small daily (250 mostly, 300, 500) limits can be easily skipped if you use several cards ok, but thos high fee?

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Quote Originally Posted by Camma23 View Post
    these crypto debit cards are ofc a valid alternative to (shitty) Skrill and Neteller, but they have a problem : high fees.... almost all companies have 2%, that is seriously too high for ATM cash withdrawals....is there any solution for it? the small daily (250 mostly, 300, 500) limits can be easily skipped if you use several cards ok, but thos high fee?
    Best thing to do if you need more than the atm limit is go to a big bank and do the otc withdraw method. I've never done it but I know there are people who have before. Maybe they can chime in on what the fees are but I think its like $3 and you can get whatever the daily limit is on the card it's much higher than the atm limits. I think it's like $3000 on bitpay. I've seen some prepaid cards that had $5000 limits for an otc withdraw. That's serious fast cash for low fee. No hassle either like with money orders. I would suspect that if you did this too often though, you might raise red flags. So I wouldn't do it often but maybe like once a month or something would probably be ok. 10k is the threshold where banks start reporting you to the irs as suspicious but from my personal experience with banks it seems like they start getting squirrely around the $5k mark. I've never had a problem withdrawing amounts under $5k before but I did get scrutinized one time when I wanted to withdraw $7k. They asked me a bunch of extra ?s about what the money was for and stuff. It was a hassle and disrespectful. It's my gd money. Fukk banks.

dlknfdslknfdlskn
    dlknfdslknfdlskn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 493

Just ACH from Bitpay to your bank. Easy.

Camma23
    Camma23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2293

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post

Best thing to do if you need more than the atm limit is go to a big bank and do the otc withdraw method. I've never done it but I know there are people who have before. Maybe they can chime in on what the fees are but I think its like $3 and you can get whatever the daily limit is on the card it's much higher than the atm limits. I think it's like $3000 on bitpay. I've seen some prepaid cards that had $5000 limits for an otc withdraw. That's serious fast cash for low fee. No hassle either like with money orders. I would suspect that if you did this too often though, you might raise red flags. So I wouldn't do it often but maybe like once a month or something would probably be ok. 10k is the threshold where banks start reporting you to the irs as suspicious but from my personal experience with banks it seems like they start getting squirrely around the $5k mark. I've never had a problem withdrawing amounts under $5k before but I did get scrutinized one time when I wanted to withdraw $7k. They asked me a bunch of extra ?s about what the money was for and stuff. It was a hassle and disrespectful. It's my gd money. Fukk banks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlknfdslknfdlskn View Post

Just ACH from Bitpay to your bank. Easy.

thanks for all infos

mmmm no good for me, money from exchanges to bank is risky. Not all banks are crypto friendly. Or better to say, almost all of them are not

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

thanks for all infos

mmmm no good for me, money from exchanges to bank is risky. Not all banks are crypto friendly. Or better to say, almost all of them are not
    The ACH transaction has nothing to do with Crypto. In order to ACH, you've already had Bitpay convert the BTC into USD, and it's sitting in a bank account at Metropolitan Commercial Bank. So your ACH is from bank account to bank account.

First ... 27282930