Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

Check- in Raiders, ATM Bitcoin question

I have recently realized,that I have a Bitcoin AT! Near my home. My question is......instead of,,wait,4-5 business days for funds or hit my Coinbase/Circle account from my bank account, would a better option be for the bitcoins purchased from ATM hit my wallet much quicker????

If so, the second part of my question, can I have the ATM coins go directly to my Coinbase and simply bypass the Blockchain? I'm really hoping you say yea to this latter question.

Looking forward to to your response.

CW

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

If it's close, how about doing a video review for us?

Let us know the real fees and how anonymous and easy it is?

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Quote Originally Posted by Courtesywipe View Post
    I have recently realized,that I have a Bitcoin AT! Near my home. My question is......instead of,,wait,4-5 business days for funds or hit my Coinbase/Circle account from my bank account, would a better option be for the bitcoins purchased from ATM hit my wallet much quicker????

If so, the second part of my question, can I have the ATM coins go directly to my Coinbase and simply bypass the Blockchain? I'm really hoping you say yea to this latter question.

Looking forward to to your response.

CW
    If you use a bitcoin ATM, your transactions are immediate. There is no waiting period. The ATM coins can go directly to your Coinbase account or any wallet that you choose to use.

This website is great since it has a Youtube video on how to use Bitcoin ATMs. There are a few different machines.

http://coinatmradar.com/blog/how-to-...h-bitcoin-atm/
    Last edited by raiders72001; 11-17-15 at 04:16 AM.

DPCATF
    DPCATF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

I actually tried using a Bitcoin ATM last Thursday in Toronto. Just know that I wasn't trying to be anonymous and I was just looking to test out Nitrogen.

I had to call in before going there as there site said if you want to deposit $500 or up you have to call in. Seemed weird, but I gave them a call and they said to come in. I had to enter my phone number and I received a verification code on my phone that I had to enter into the ATM. I selected the option to buy, as you can also withdraw from the ATM, held the QR code of my bitcoin wallet up to the ATM, then I just fed the machine each bill separately. It took about 30-45 minutes for the transaction to be confirmed and in my wallet.

The fees cost me about $65. It would cost a little more to withdraw cash.

There is another Bitcoin ATM that is farther from me, but you can deposit as much as you want and withdraw up to 3k a day without calling in advance and it doesn't need you to enter your phone number, so it's more anonymous. I'll try that one out next week.

You may also want to look at LibertyX. It lets you buy Bitcoins in cash and although I haven't tried it, it seems to have gotten good reviews from the Bitcoin community.

BoKnowsBest
    BoKnowsBest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3640

What websites offer a bitcoin debit card???

Theo_Goodman
    Theo_Goodman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

What websites offer a bitcoin debit card???
    Just keep in mind that you do not need a bitcoin debit card to use a bitcoin atm.

There is the new shift card from coinbase. There is also E-Coin.io which offers a "virtual credit card" or a physical one that can be loaded with bitcoin.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Bitcoin ATMs are popping up all over Chicago market many from a group call red leaf...most are 1 way only allowing the purchase of coins..I tried one the other day and they are very user friendly and immediately get funds to block chain account....the price though was about 10% higher then market at 442$ usd for Bitcoin when market price was only 404$ that day. 20$ got me 17.99$ in btc

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    Bitcoin ATMs are popping up all over Chicago market many from a group call red leaf...most are 1 way only allowing the purchase of coins..I tried one the other day and they are very user friendly and immediately get funds to block chain account....the price though was about 10% higher then market at 442$ usd for Bitcoin when market price was only 404$ that day. 20$ got me 17.99$ in btc
    Profiteering on the people who want anon for less than legal reasons. 10% is a lot. If it's decent volume of use they should be able to do it for 1% and still make a fair profit. Even with machine costs.