scavsiu8
    scavsiu8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

First time BitCoin Deposit Success Today

Just wanted to chime in a successful deposit via Bitcoin, my first time.

I have a friend that said the quickest way was to go through an Bitcoin ATM, which is how I went. Now, the downside was that I had to drive 45 minutes one way to find it, but I wanted automatic availability, which I have seen is very uncommon when purchasing online.

(Any comments on how to get instant availability online not buying from a specific person, I would greatly appreciate it)

I went to the ATM, put in my cell number, it sent me a text with a code, put the code in, scanned my Blockchain QR Code from the App on my Android phone, deposited the cash into the atm, and it was in my Blockchain in less then 1 minute.

I then got went to Heritage, got the code, put the code into Blockchain, and it was in my Heritage account in less then 5 minutes.

The only thing, and this is probably a user issue, is I wanted to put my full balance into my Heritage Account, but it was saying insufficient funds when I was putting the exact balance, I had to leave a little over a dollar into my Blockchain account to make the transaction go through.

All in all, I can't wait for a Bitcoin ATM to get closer to me, when one does, it will be my only way to deposit.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

What's the fee for the atm. Glad u like Bitcoin

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Quote Originally Posted by scavsiu8 View Post
    The only thing, and this is probably a user issue, is I wanted to put my full balance into my Heritage Account, but it was saying insufficient funds when I was putting the exact balance, I had to leave a little over a dollar into my Blockchain account to make the transaction go through.
    Your blockchain wallet would not have allowed you to send your entire balance because of the small bitcoin transaction fee which is typically 2 cents or less. You can make transactions without the tiny fee but they will typically take longer to confirm.

Also is circle.com an option for you?

poker6469
    poker6469's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1656

Just wanted to chime in a successful deposit via Bitcoin, my first time.

I have a friend that said the quickest way was to go through an Bitcoin ATM, which is how I went. Now, the downside was that I had to drive 45 minutes one way to find it, but I wanted automatic availability, which I have seen is very uncommon when purchasing online.

(Any comments on how to get instant availability online not buying from a specific person, I would greatly appreciate it)

I went to the ATM, put in my cell number, it sent me a text with a code, put the code in, scanned my Blockchain QR Code from the App on my Android phone, deposited the cash into the atm, and it was in my Blockchain in less then 1 minute.

I then got went to Heritage, got the code, put the code into Blockchain, and it was in my Heritage account in less then 5 minutes.

All in all, I can't wait for a Bitcoin ATM to get closer to me, when one does, it will be my only way to deposit.
    libertyx has a list of local stores who sell q-pay pins to get instant bitcin threw liberty but half the stores listed are out of business.
    Last edited by poker6469; 09-11-15 at 11:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    Would like to know this too

scavsiu8

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    9% fee

bullheaddad
    Update your status
    bullheaddad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

never used the bitcoin before.. Is circle the best for online books? also i've read that if coinbase see's deposits from books, they cut you off. does circle not care where the money comes from?

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Circle is much better option to use if you don't mind a few days to get your funds... (well worth it if you are depositing large amounts).

Coinbase eventually gave me 1k instant limits (after starting out at 200) which is nice for speed but not for comfort..they charge 1% fee on deposits ouch, Circle does not.

I do not know how long or if you can upgrade your instant limits on Circle but I know with Coinbase I had to deposit a certain amount 2500 I believe and wait 30 days but my limits were raised. Hopefully Circle follows the same method.

bullheaddad
    Update your status

thanks ra77er.. that all sounds great. Have you had any issues going straight from book to circle to selling btc and then depositing into bank account? I'de hate to start using and then get banned for offshore wagering.

Ra77er

I personally haven't had any issues using just those two for sending funds to and fro however creating a blockchain wallet would certainly be the smartest route to go.

I am still a little confused on adding yet another bitcoin wallet - piece to the puzzle as I barely figured out Coinbase and Circle as is.. IQ probably sub 70.

I have not created a blockchain wallet yet but I do plan on adding one to help keep transactions on the up and up so I am not putting Circle/Coinbase or myself in a bad situation. I just need to do more research!
    Points Awarded:

bullheaddad gave Ra77er 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bullheaddad gave Ra77er 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bullheaddad
    Update your status

okay so I think I got this down now.
    to send money-buy btc from circle, then to blockchain wallet, on to offshore book.
    to receive money- withdraw from book, to blockchain wallet, to circle, to deposit in bank account.
    My IQ aint much higher.. lol

bullheaddad
    Update your status

ra77er. I looked around some more and found everything out. thanks for the help, you are correct..

Ra77er

Bullhead you are all over it man

Ra77er

Okay well the blockchain wallet is easy as pie, just sign up for it and it is no big deal. It generates a wallet address for you and you just send from Cbase or Circle and then from there wherever.

Bullhead it looks pretty simple just check out the website when you get a chance.

https://blockchain.info/wallet

bullheaddad
    Update your status

thanks Ra77er,, easy to set up

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

So Circle and Coinbase both limit the amount you can put into them at around 1000 to 2000 at a time?

I thought the whole purpose of bitcoin was to get around all the tiny withdrawal limits with checks / debit cards, but you're saying no BTC wallet will let you deposit over $2,000 at a time anyways?

scavsiu8

So I have migrated from this ATM stuff at a 9% fee to Liberty X.

I've done about 5 of them recently and its really unbelievable how great it is.

The process

I walk in, I hand the guy $102 and he hands me a code. I put the code into my phone on Liberty X's website, I then request a code from Airbitz (my wallet). It goes from Liberty X to Airbitz in about 2-3 minutes generally.

I then request a code from my book, which and plug that into Airbitz to send (I like Airbitz because it has a max feature instead of you having to figure out mining).

Its in my book in about 5-10 minutes, so all in all its a 15 minute process, haven't had a single issue yet.

I am considering doing a withdrawal to Airbitz, and then sending to my coinbase account, and selling bitcoins and withdrawaling to my checking account, but still somewhat cautious on that.

HappyHounds
    HappyHounds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

9% fee
    OUCH, you're getting KILLED.

HappyHounds
    HappyHounds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

I recommend checking out Circle or Coinbase since you don't mind paying small fees.

Check out BitStamp and doing a one time wire if you want to get serious about not paying excessive fees. (or Bitfinex, or Coinsetter)

Also, check out localbitcoins.com . You might get lucky like I have and will find someone locally that will sell at market prices. Meet up, hand cash they send you money. Super easy.

My best methods are using BitStamp to purchase my coins... funding through Heritage I usually get the full amount or more. Then cashing out, I use Circle to sell off or convert to USD. Usually the price is a few dollars higher than cashout.

Hope you find some of that helpful