playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Another reason not to change the rules is because I would have taken different picks last week had I known we could have any pic for the Super Bowl I was thinking last week about what team I was saving for Super Bowl week Last week I took teams I thought were not gonna win this week and it cost me 2 entries
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq, and kostasblues

playersonly69

If we get to the Super Bowl AND EVERYONE doesnt have a team left to take then we just split the pot.

But if 1 guy has a team left then he wins automatically. I mean why in the hell would I have taken Baltimore when they were -3 in the first week? Most everyone else took teams that were big favorites. Then this week I took Buffalo at -2.5 or so instead of the biggest favorites because I DO NOT think that Buffalo will win next week.

kostasblues
    kostasblues's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    I mean this totally isnt fair to allow for pick changes. I can GUARANTEE you that trytrytry would not have taken his picks this week had he known that. I would have taken different picks this week as well
    What if this rule stays but player with no repeat team receives a tiebreak over player with repeat team?

playersonly69

Under no circumstances should the new rule stay!! I took Buffalo yesterday. I didn't take the easy pick with KC AND Green Bay. I took Buffalo and it's not fair to try try try who took Baltimore because he was trying to save the other teams. Also what sucks is that I took the teams last week that LOST because I was trying to save New Orleans

playersonly69

I can see what you guys are trying to do your hoping that I lose with New Orleans but change the rules now would be bullshit because I saved you all in for this week. And I didn't take the easy teams big favorites to win this week

MrMiami
    MrMiami's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27472

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    Under no circumstances should the new rule stay!! I took Buffalo yesterday. I didn't take the easy pick with KC AND Green Bay. I took Buffalo and it's not fair to try try try who took Baltimore because he was trying to save the other teams. Also what sucks is that I took the teams last week that LOST because I was trying to save New Orleans
    I didn’t take KC either and could have. I chose to keep KC for next week so I took a risk on the Bills like you.

MrMiami

Btw, I could go either way with the rule change but you can’t keep throwing out your decision to take the Bills like it was some kind of huge risk. They were the #2 seed.
    Last edited by MrMiami; 01-17-21 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Spelling

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Fairest thing to do is to finish contest as it was intended. Someone is going go win even if there are no teams left for the super bowl. Everyone who picked in the wild card round and was eliminated was saving teams for the super bowl too. Let the rules stay and there will be a true winner or two.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: kostasblues

MrMiami

The Super Wild Card weekend really hosed things up. There was only one team added to the playoffs in each conference but another weekend of having to pick 2 teams. That extra weekend made it very difficult. Even mathematically it was very hard to wind up with one team available for SB.
    Last edited by MrMiami; 01-17-21 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Spelling

spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

the contest format was set up as in previous years which worked out fine. this year the addition of the super wild card weekend messed things up. seems that everyone has a beef now (even if they were eliminated with pit).

the discussion can go on till next year's Super Bowl, so at this point the contest will be VOIDED and all entries REFUNDED.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Hahaha
    See what ya'll did

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 400

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    Hahaha
    See what ya'll did
    Lol.

inter1097
    inter1097's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5861

oh wow lol. I knew there was a chance I'd have no team for the Super bowl but tried to strategize accordingly before busting out in week 1

brian311
    brian311's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29763

well thanks as always for running these side contest spider.. In for the next one!

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

A big fukkk you to players only. Damn crybaby pos!! Snowflake ruined the contest!!! Why not just refund his points? Let the rest of us Men, who want to continue? Continue with the contest!

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    Hahaha
    See what ya'll did
    It was one person who threw a fit: playeronly
    Spider should have refunded his points and let the rest of us continue.

playersonly69

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Hey dickhead I am not the one who said anything in the FIRST PLACE! The contest was fine as it was setup. We all made picks the first week saving teams.

noPunter
    High on a mountain
    noPunter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1115

Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post

the contest format was set up as in previous years which worked out fine. this year the addition of the super wild card weekend messed things up. seems that everyone has a beef now (even if they were eliminated with pit).

the discussion can go on till next year's Super Bowl, so at this point the contest will be VOIDED and all entries REFUNDED.

Thanks spider

leovegas
    leovegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

Thanks spider, I feel like I didn't deserve this 200.

Can we have an expensive (200 or 500 per unit) SQUARES contest for each of the 3 remaining games? Nitrogen squares are fun but so expensive lol

If there's no contest I'll just donate 200 to angelman's cause

leovegas
    leovegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

I benefited from the decision but what you suggested wouldn't work. Refunds can only be done for everyone or noone at all. Good call spider!

MrMiami

Thanks for the contest, Spider! Sucks that it got canceled but I understand why you did it.

stake1

Spider, Miami and me were the last three standing. I could only pick the Bucs next weekend, and they are an underdog.
    maybe I should go cry, kick, and scream now like player only did?
    Thank you for the contest Spider, it was fun until it was ruined. One thing to consider going forward, Ban player from all of your contests
    Points Awarded:

MrMiami gave stake1 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Spider, Miami and me were the last three standing. I could only pick the Bucs next weekend, and they are an underdog.
    maybe I should go cry, kick, and scream now like player only did?
    Thank you for the contest Spider, it was fun until it was ruined. One thing to consider going forward, Ban player from all of your contests
    It was going to be a winner regardless. There was zero reason to change the rules other than to extend the contest.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by MrMiami View Post
    The Super Wild Card weekend really hosed things up. There was only one team added to the playoffs in each conference but another weekend of having to pick 2 teams. That extra weekend made it very difficult. Even mathematically it was very hard to wind up with one team available for SB.

No weekends were added. Super wild card weekend is still wild card weekend. Then divisional playoffs, then conference championships, then super bowl. Teams were added, but there are no extra playoff weekends. That did not change.

spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    No weekends were added. Super wild card weekend is still wild card weekend. Then divisional playoffs, then conference championships, then super bowl. Teams were added, but there are no extra playoff weekends. That did not change.
    of course it changed. the nfl "rewarded" the #2 seed in each conference to play an extra
    game in order to advance to the SB.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    of course it changed. the nfl "rewarded" the #2 seed in each conference to play an extra
    game in order to advance to the SB.
    It did not change the number of weekends. It only changed the number of teams that play on ONE weekend. The playoffs are still wild card, division, conference, and super bowl. It was 2 byes and 2 games on Saturday and Sunday for wild card weekend. Super wild card weekend is the same thing except its 1 bye and 3 games on Saturday and Sunday. No weekends were added.

First 123
The author of this thread has limited replies to SBR Pros. You must be an SBR Pro to reply to this thread.