pabonaparte
    bobbywaves aka the chosen one
    pabonaparte's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 593

First time borrower

Hello boys!

It has been a spectacular week for this micro stakes punter. In the event my freeplay wager hits gold I will be oh so close to having enough in my betpoints wallet to purchase a $100 credit from SBR Store.

Can I hope to borrow the remaining 260 points? I should be able to make good in one month time or sooner. If my first few days here are any indication I fancy my chances to pay back in under a fortnight.

P.S. SBR is great lol
    Points Awarded:

DGG23 gave pabonaparte 260 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DGG23
    PUTA BARSA
    DGG23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38619

260 for 300
    Points Awarded:

trytrytry gave DGG23 20 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pabonaparte gave DGG23 280 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pabonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by DGG23 View Post
    260 for 300
    Thank you DGG23! I didn't realize the process could be so quick and easy. Though I should get a say in how much interest is payable and when shouldn't I? Let me explain.

I've had a flutter on a UFC event. A long shot. Gambling with house money is the dog's bollocks but chances are I won't even need the loan so I would only be willing to pay that much interest if the wager wins. If it does win you will get every point I make until I make good and pay the 300 back. If it doesn't I pay no interest. Should this happen I can send your Betpoints back now or Sunday morning. Should I lose it will take me a long while to get the amount needed for the $100 credit and unfortunately I just lost my first SBR Trivia having tried successfully twice previously.

Is this acceptable? I will check this post periodically but may need until tomorrow to return the 260 if you so wish.
    Last edited by pabonaparte; 01-28-16 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Note: Until your post count is 40 you will be able to send PMs to Staff only.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47428

being new and never having a loan before, you don't have much pull

be happy that someone offered you something reasonable

keep quiet and honor your commitment and then you will have a leg to stand on for the next loan negotiation

best of luck
    Points Awarded:

DGG23 gave JAKEPEAVY21 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pabonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    being new and never having a loan before, you don't have much pull

be happy that someone offered you something reasonable

keep quiet and honor your commitment and then you will have a leg to stand on for the next loan negotiation

best of luck
    Do you think my request is unreasonable? I state quite clearly in the original post how and if the loan would be used.

Is it fair to pay interest on a loan you have no use for? It would almost certainly take me 2-3 months to collect enough betpoints for the item I want from the SBR Store unless my wager wins on Saturday. And my pay-back date is 2-3 weeks?

I was under the impression there would be some sort of negotiation and while I don't mind paying what he is asking for I would prefer not to borrow at all if I lose 40 points without any gain whatsoever. Unless of course you consider my improved credit rating lol

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5588

I would expect you can send the points back and say you do not accept the terms (if you wish).
    Points Awarded:

DGG23 gave mpaschal34 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Dipper30
    Dipper30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Agreed mpaschal!

I paid 52 points on 200 as a first time borrower and was hoping someone would accept that.
    Points Awarded:

DGG23 gave Dipper30 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10542

Quote Originally Posted by pabonaparte View Post
    Do you think my request is unreasonable? I state quite clearly in the original post how and if the loan would be used.

Is it fair to pay interest on a loan you have no use for? It would almost certainly take me 2-3 months to collect enough betpoints for the item I want from the SBR Store unless my wager wins on Saturday. And my pay-back date is 2-3 weeks?

I was under the impression there would be some sort of negotiation and while I don't mind paying what he is asking for I would prefer not to borrow at all if I lose 40 points without any gain whatsoever. Unless of course you consider my improved credit rating lol
    You must be a 1st time borrower for anything. Go to the bank and get a loan. You will either pay their charges
    or GTFO. There's no negotiating. Same with a c redit card. Pay their interest rate or look somewhere else.

Guaranteed, you ask for another betpoints loan, you won't get shit.
    Points Awarded:

DGG23 gave rkelly110 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Guy 40 betpoints is about one US dollar in interest. ONE DOLLAR. You're angling to avoid paying a dollar. Just ship the points and say thx and build some fairy land credit.
    Points Awarded:

DGG23 gave tatddy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273425

looking at his join date we do have a brand new SBR PRO here which overall helps the community. first loan and he probably has not ready much in the points forum. but overall we all agree the more SBR PROS the better . lets be polite to a new SBR PRO for a month at least. ive covered 1/2 the interest 20 sent. now do your part on the rest and participate here. GL
    Points Awarded:

DGG23 gave trytrytry 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pabonaparte gave trytrytry 92 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47428

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    You must be a 1st time borrower for anything. Go to the bank and get a loan. You will either pay their charges
    or GTFO. There's no negotiating. Same with a c redit card. Pay their interest rate or look somewhere else.

Guaranteed, you ask for another betpoints loan, you won't get shit.

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Guy 40 betpoints is about one US dollar in interest. ONE DOLLAR. You're angling to avoid paying a dollar. Just ship the points and say thx and build some fairy land credit.

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    looking at his join date we do have a brand new SBR PRO here which overall helps the community. first loan and he probably has not ready much in the points forum. but overall we all agree the more SBR PROS the better . lets be polite to a new SBR PRO for a month at least. ive covered 1/2 the interest 20 sent. now do your part on the rest and participate here. GL

DGG23
    PUTA BARSA
    DGG23's Avatar SBR PRO

ok thanks to all
    pabonaparte there are no problem here you can send back the 260 if you don,t agree with terms
    or now thanks to trytry you can payback 280 in 30 -45 days

tatddy

I'd be careful using absolutes. You may care, some may care, all certainly do not care. I'd venture to say that most actually do not care. I know I don't. But I'm for sure supportive of what my friends here want.

But you're a good guy and it was a nice gesture.

Here in the forum world we get a lot of scabs. So it's also important not to enable poor behaviors. Just as it is in the real world.

pabonaparte

This is too nice of you, trytrytry!

Having read through the rest of the not-so-welcoming replies I will gladly accept your donation of 20 betpoints towards my loan repayment. I will also send your points back with interest if my wager happens to win. It is a +360 underdog so paying 360 per cent interest on what you sent me seems the right thing to do.

Needless to say the original lender gets paid on time regardless of what happens to my wager.

Mirrapro
    Mirrapro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

+360 underdog....GL sounds like you might need a little.

pabonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by DGG23 View Post
    ok thanks to all
    pabonaparte there are no problem here you can send back the 260 if you don,t agree with terms
    or now thanks to trytry you can payback 280 in 30 -45 days
    Much appreciated, DGG23!

A lot of angry people on this board who seem to assume it is normal to sell your soul for a few quid and suspect you of all kinds of wrongdoing. I am happy to deal with a few who don't fit the description.

tatddy

Much appreciated, DGG23!

A lot of angry people on this board who seem to assume it is normal to sell your soul for a few quid and suspect you of all kinds of wrongdoing. I am happy to deal with a few who don't fit the description.
    Nobody is angry. Many great posters who have been dealing with sbr and the points forum for many years are helping to manage your expectations. There is nothing personal here. Credit is credit. 18 year old kids with no credit don't go walking into a bank saying "if I have a great week at work and can repay you before friday can I have a free loan".

Once you've had a few loans established successfully you will get almost no interest loans here. Many great posters have, and will continue to be, stiffed on loans for many thousands of points. Interest on loans helps mitigate such stiffings. I'm sure you're smart enough to figure that out.

Best of luck to you and all of your endeavors here at sbr. Crush it!

pabonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Nobody is angry. Many great posters who have been dealing with sbr and the points forum for many years are helping to manage your expectations. There is nothing personal here. Credit is credit. 18 year old kids with no credit don't go walking into a bank saying "if I have a great week at work and can repay you before friday can I have a free loan".

Once you've had a few loans established successfully you will get almost no interest loans here. Many great posters have, and will continue to be, stiffed on loans for many thousands of points. Interest on loans helps mitigate such stiffings. I'm sure you're smart enough to figure that out.

Best of luck to you and all of your endeavors here at sbr. Crush it!
    Thank you for the time you took to post this, tatddy! I prefer cash to credit in real world. Always have. In my mind borrowing is poor form and especially so when done in the context of gambling where so many people fail miserably.

I have low expectations overall for my wagering activities. The only reason I even considered asking for this loan is SBR seems to be handing out a lot of free money. Should my lucky streak continue I would like to get my feet wet and get a $100 bankroll at a sponsor book. I am betting on a budget and I would feel bloody minted with this extra coin in my pocket.

I am sure you understand unlike some others that I wouldn't be borrowing unless I could plan to repay easily with the free money courtesy of SBR.

Happy punting to all the good posters here!

pabonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrapro View Post
    +360 underdog....GL sounds like you might need a little.
    Thank you Mirrapro! Lest I jinx it I may have the greatest week of my short "career" as a punter lol

pabonaparte

This is too nice of you, trytrytry!

Having read through the rest of the not-so-welcoming replies I will gladly accept your donation of 20 betpoints towards my loan repayment. I will also send your points back with interest if my wager happens to win. It is a +360 underdog so paying 360 per cent interest on what you sent me seems the right thing to do.

Needless to say the original lender gets paid on time regardless of what happens to my wager.
    You are my good luck charmtrytrytry and you are getting paid lol

This SBR PRO is STOKED!!!!

pabonaparte

I have just paid it off in one go. A great weekend to all!

DGG23
    PUTA BARSA
    DGG23's Avatar SBR PRO

thanks