The Prick
    Make America Great
    The Prick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3625

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    I do think you could offer "free pro" membership for the non-pro who had the best season.

Allow players to bet each week on record vs. Prick (i.e. in week 6, I could bet whether I will have better record that week or prick)

Lock picks at like 11a on Sat and 12p on Sunday (eastern). There are some great cappers on here (and a lot of really bad ones too). Imagine the traffic and views you could get if you could see who each player picked before the start of any games. Think of the Hilton SuperContest format. People don't want to post their plays in PT or sub forums because they don't want people picking same in contest but think you could get some valuable gambling info by knowing in advance who picked which games. That bowl contest thing was incredibly profitable for me - there were a few games you just looked at who was on what side and it was pretty obvious which way I should bet. SBR is all about giving more value to users - that would be very valuable IMO.
    1. like it

2. like it

3. dont like it, too easy for shady guys to fade/follow the leaders an game the leaderboard

The Prick
    Make America Great

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    A simple question posed by Prick produced some disturbing examinations of class struggle on Internet Gambling Forums
    no shit mo like rodney dangerfield said "cant we all just get along???"

if i ran sbr pretty sure id just get rid of that pro deal, figger out some other hi-speed way to prevent scammin points

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Prick where are you right now??

I will come and fight you man

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

Quote Originally Posted by The Prick View Post
    1. like it

2. like it

3. dont like it, too easy for shady guys to fade/follow the leaders an game the leaderboard
    It would have to be locked for everyone. So there would be no ability to game the board but would allow us to hopefully hit our books a little better!

The Prick
    Make America Great

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Prick where are you right now??

I will come and fight you man
    get a passport slappy

then maybe you can tell me your ideas face to face bright boy

(if ya got a step ladder to stand on dwarf)

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

How about

2 nfl games
    2 NCAA games

And everyone has to pick the mnf matchup

cash$bro91
    Update your status
    cash$bro91's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9823

How about increasing the total cash prizes to $25k for this year?

The Prick
    Make America Great

Quote Originally Posted by cash$bro91 View Post
    How about increasing the total cash prizes to $25k for this year?

i reckon if the contest got 2-3 times bigger than sbr could give away a whole bunch more shit

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Prick how about giving me an SBR hat?

If you come to Vegas I will get you a cattle sandwich

I gave you an Academy award I want some payback

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I have some ideas, one especially that I know would be a winner to increase your growth for the foreseeable future plus more revenue(there is my hint; new service). Some white space and opportunity. Only problem is I want in on it, got money to invest too. I'm reasonable.

changing up BTP isn't going to capture the money you're leaving on the table. I can guarantee you there is well over 10k people that want to be in this contest... they just don't know it yet. The only thing different you can do there is get your sponsors to tout the contest on their site which if they are not and you guys can get them to do it you should.
    Last edited by brooks85; 02-09-15 at 04:31 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Prick

The Prick
    Make America Great

brooksie you got me curious are you talkin bout mainstream shit or stayin in the same niche?

got a meeting with the board tomorrow ladies, last chance for yer invaluable feedback.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by The Prick View Post
    brooksie you got me curious are you talkin bout mainstream shit or stayin in the same niche?

got a meeting with the board tomorrow ladies, last chance for yer invaluable feedback.

I don't know what SBRs balance sheet says or what the business plan is but assuming there is some cash on the books I'd say try some new stuff, stuff not labeled SBR. Then cross promote. It is one of those situations where if you want to grow you are going to have to spend. I'd assume SBR has done all the vertical growth it can with what it has. I don't know the numbers either so even if you waived the pro requirement for BTP what kind of positive/negative results you guys expect based on whatever info you have. To me I don't see how it would make a difference, you need growth. Not be worried about people who already know about BTP but for whatever reason don't want to join.

I am talking about mainstream and gambling isn't mainstream but something very close is and is growing every year; Fantasy sports. The "forum" on your fantasy site would link to SBR. If there is liability issues I can figure out how to get around those.
    Last edited by brooks85; 02-11-15 at 08:41 AM.

First 123