JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47428

How can one see how many tournaments a poster has played for the year? Do you have to manually go through their points log? I'm sort of curious to know how many tournaments those on the yearly tournament leaderboard have played.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I'll argue that one is better than the other and the sample size was not long enough to prove it. There are numerous possible reasons why but I won't get into it. One year is a pretty big sample size but we have seen numerous pros run hot for a year or so then fall off the face of the earth. That said, both have had a nice year on the felt.
    I concur with this....You can add our 2013 results, as further proof of whose better.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

How can one see how many tournaments a poster has played for the year? Do you have to manually go through their points log? I'm sort of curious to know how many tournaments those on the yearly tournament leaderboard have played.
    No easy way to do it. I manually track for me and bobbo; considering tracking much more detailed stats for next year, but not sure if I want to put in the work to finish up the system. Off the top of my head, I don't think most on the leaderboard have missed too many, maybe 10 tops? And at least 1 (no1home) has played an extra tournament, back before they cared about that sort of thing enough to do anything about it

Triple_D_Bet

I'll argue that one is better than the other and the sample size was not long enough to prove it. There are numerous possible reasons why but I won't get into it. One year is a pretty big sample size but we have seen numerous pros run hot for a year or so then fall off the face of the earth. That said, both have had a nice year on the felt.
    Decent sample size, but there are several factors; adjusting for any one factor makes it a bit more obvious. It's fairly safe to say that informed opinions on the matter are damn-near-unanimous though

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    LOL I am sweating more now because I will points broke if I lose... DOH!!! Go Triple Go!

:-)
    here, have another round!

bobbywaves

2014 final results:

Waves: 26,580 pts, 144 cashes
    Tripe: 24,470 pts, 94 cashes

Jake,Gummo, BeerDog all paid early, taking advantage of the discount offered. Still waiting for Tripe to ship my 28,890, not sure why he hasn't shipped the 21,556 pts he has. Tripe still needs to secure a 7,500 loan, since he didn't take advantage of my generous 10% discount offer worth approx 3k pts & wagered with pts he doesn't have to cover bet.

Tripe, you can pay up now....it's all over:

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3374

Is this a stiff job?

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Is this a stiff job?
    Wouldn't call it that, his debt is only 2 days old. With that said, Tripe not shipping the 21k+ pts he has promptly is absolutely mind boggling & not something I would do.

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

I think it is re-debted to cs4

frankzig

jk tdb

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    2014 final results:

Waves: 26,580 pts, 144 cashes
    Tripe: 24,470 pts, 94 cashes

Jake,Gummo, BeerDog all paid early, taking advantage of the discount offered. Still waiting for Tripe to ship my 28,890, not sure why he hasn't shipped the 21,556 pts he has. Tripe still needs to secure a 7,500 loan, since he didn't take advantage of my generous 10% discount offer worth approx 3k pts & wagered with pts he doesn't have to cover bet.

Tripe, you can pay up now....it's all over:

Haven't checked forum much in December; as you like to say, I had my priorities straight I sent 20k of what I owed you, rest coming shortly. To sum it up: by spending every day on SBR watching for the smallest possible tournament to enter (average of just under 8 players less in your tourneys compared to mine), and by hating life enough to fold to a min cash, and by playing 9 more tournaments than me...you STILL needed a large over-EV run for you and slightly under EV for me to be able to win this thing. Combined with your other opinions on various aspects of poker, I think it's safe to say that you've proven you are capable of winning an annual challenge of SBR dailies, provided the dealer bails you out and you shoot every angle you can....other than that, it's safe to say you'd be terrible at non-freeroll poker if you ever chose to play.

To the folks who bet on me, my apologies; having played a significant amount of poker and knowing full well how bad variance can be, I should have taken this a bit more seriously earlier on to minimize the chance of the dealer taking it away from me. I'm covering your wagers gents, and I appreciate you wagering smartly and correctly

I'd also recommend not doing a daily contest like this; the stakes almost can't be high enough to justify having to try to play every day,

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Is this a stiff job?
    You new here or somethin? :P

Wouldn't call it that, his debt is only 2 days old. With that said, Tripe not shipping the 21k+ pts he has promptly is absolutely mind boggling & not something I would do.
    Did so as soon as I was able to log in for more than a few minutes...but I understand you've never let facts slow your opinions down before, and I doubt you're about to start.

Quote Originally Posted by frankzig View Post
    I think it is re-debted to cs4
    I'd be lying if I said the thought didn't occur to me, lol
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: frankzig

frankzig

A man of his word, with ethics
    rare very rare

frankzig

not a big points junkie but if you need I can take a loan for 2k if you need it

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by frankzig View Post
    not a big points junkie but if you need I can take a loan for 2k if you need it
    Far from the biggest win or loss I've had in a poker session let alone a year, lol...it's irritating losing to a worse player, but it always is; mental toughness a pre-req to playing seriously, and integrity a pre-req to being a decent human being imo

Yisman covered me on the loan, but I appreciate the offer!

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Haven't checked forum much in December; as you like to say, I had my priorities straight I sent 20k of what I owed you, rest coming shortly. To sum it up: by spending every day on SBR watching for the smallest possible tournament to enter (average of just under 8 players less in your tourneys compared to mine), and by hating life enough to fold to a min cash, and by playing 9 more tournaments than me...you STILL needed a large over-EV run for you and slightly under EV for me to be able to win this thing. Combined with your other opinions on various aspects of poker, I think it's safe to say that you've proven you are capable of winning an annual challenge of SBR dailies, provided the dealer bails you out and you shoot every angle you can....other than that, it's safe to say you'd be terrible at non-freeroll poker if you ever chose to play.

To the folks who bet on me, my apologies; having played a significant amount of poker and knowing full well how bad variance can be, I should have taken this a bit more seriously earlier on to minimize the chance of the dealer taking it away from me. I'm covering your wagers gents, and I appreciate you wagering smartly and correctly

I'd also recommend not doing a daily contest like this; the stakes almost can't be high enough to justify having to try to play every day,
    Apparently your priorities weren't str8, as you lost $1,360 in pizza. Didn't care about your financial backers during challenge either, you feel guilty about this now by reimbursing the "gents who wagered smartly & correctly."

No surprise you still can't give credit when it's do even upon defeat, it's who you are. Instead you rather deflect with lame excuses, as to why I was successful & why you failed.

I had 50 more cashes than you & 2k+ more pts. So according to my math, the 50 more mini cashes was the deciding factor in my convincing victory: (50 x 40 = 2,000) Quite fitting, in my humble opinion.

Triple_D_Bet

Apparently your priorities weren't str8, as you lost $1,360 in pizza. Didn't care about your financial backers during challenge either, you feel guilty about this now by reimbursing the "gents who wagered smartly & correctly."

No surprise you still can't give credit when it's do even upon defeat, it's who you are. Instead you rather deflect with lame excuses, as to why I was successful & why you failed.

I had 50 more cashes than you & 2k+ more pts. So according to my math, the 50 more mini cashes was the deciding factor in my convincing victory: (50 x 40 = 2,000) Quite fitting, in my humble opinion.
    My priorities are good...this might sound crazy to someone of your limited vision, but 1) a "high score" on SBR isn't the most important thing in the world to most, and 2) $1,360 in pizza isn't quite as meaningful to most of us as it is to the unemployed such as yourself, particularly not those of us who have played actual poker for more than pennies at a time.

I made my intention clear a while ago to reimburse the people who bet on me in the event of your improbable win, and I did so...but nevermind that, those are just "facts", nothing you're interested in

To your credit, as I've said before, you've improved from a terrible micro-stakes nit to a mediocre microstakes nit. That being said, your win here was pretty obviously solely due to your angle-shooting (camping for smallest tourneys and stalling to cash), almost 2 months of huge over EV/under EV runs by you and me respectively, and me missing tourneys. (Me not taking this as seriously as I should have for the first couple months contributed as well, but since I can't prove that, I left it out). Remove any one of those factors, and you lose...with that in mind, hopefully you'll forgive us when we don't believe the better poker player won

bobbywaves

My priorities are good...this might sound crazy to someone of your limited vision, but 1) a "high score" on SBR isn't the most important thing in the world to most, and 2) $1,360 in pizza isn't quite as meaningful to most of us as it is to the unemployed such as yourself, particularly not those of us who have played actual poker for more than pennies at a time.

I made my intention clear a while ago to reimburse the people who bet on me in the event of your improbable win, and I did so...but nevermind that, those are just "facts", nothing you're interested in

To your credit, as I've said before, you've improved from a terrible micro-stakes nit to a mediocre microstakes nit. That being said, your win here was pretty obviously solely due to your angle-shooting (camping for smallest tourneys and stalling to cash), almost 2 months of huge over EV/under EV runs by you and me respectively, and me missing tourneys. (Me not taking this as seriously as I should have for the first couple months contributed as well, but since I can't prove that, I left it out). Remove any one of those factors, and you lose...with that in mind, hopefully you'll forgive us when we don't believe the better poker player won
    Well that's the reason I'm giving you an opportunity to win your 29k back in 2015 annual challenge, so you can correct all your excuses mistakes.

Triple_D_Bet

Well that's the reason I'm giving you an opportunity to win your 29k back in 2015 annual challenge, so you can correct all your excuses mistakes.
    Are you trying to make me feel better by convincing me that even though you won our contest (probably the biggest poker-related payday in your life), I should take solace in the fact that you have the reading comprehension, mathematical understanding and memory of a dim-witted 7 year old? If so, I appreciate the effort, but 1) I'd already come to that same conclusion about you, and 2) I'm not the kind of guy to rest on my laurels (burying you the entire year every time you opened your mouth).

As explained elsewhere (in English so simple you should be able to understand, or perhaps get a court-ordered social worker to translate for you): I'm not prepared to revolve life around SBR poker for the stakes you're interested in...if you want to put your points where your mouth is (doubtful), feel free to try to prove me wrong about your "BROI" or to take DS up on a rematch.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

I'd be lying if I said the thought didn't occur to me, lol
    ... Sorry for your loss tripper, hope you well this year!

bobbywaves

I'm not the kind of guy to rest on my laurels
    You're exactly that guy....How else can you explain pissing away a 1,200 pt lead with only 2 months to go, only to lose by 2k+?

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Tripe will easily recover from this setback, after all there's many people stiffingowing him on loans.

The bigger concern should be his atheist beliefs come Judgement Day.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    To you as well freezer

You're exactly that guy....How else can you explain pissing away a 1,200 pt lead with only 2 months to go, only to lose by 2k+?
    Better question: why should I explain it again, when you've proven incapable of understanding it?

Word of advice (that will no doubt sail right over your head): trying to be witty isn't wise if you're terrible at it, and especially not when you're already making an ass out of yourself by hypocritically ducking challenges

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3374

Just messing triple. Better luck

bobbywaves

by hypocritically ducking challenges
    If I was "hypocritically ducking challenges," why was I recently shipped 34k by four individuals? Since I wasn't in a challenge as you ignorantly claim, suppose I owe you, Jake, Gummo, & BeerDog a refund of my 34k payment.

Amazing how you continue to e-battle & bury yourself, after being publicly humiliated both on the felt & forum. Most normal folks would be quite humbled by such a traumatic experience, but not Tripe.

Triple_D_Bet

If I was "hypocritically ducking challenges," why was I recently shipped 34k by four individuals? Since I wasn't in a challenge as you ignorantly claim, suppose I owe you, Jake, Gummo, & BeerDog a refund of my 34k payment.

Amazing how you continue to e-battle & bury yourself, after being publicly humiliated both on the felt & forum. Most normal folks would be quite humbled by such a traumatic experience, but not Tripe.
    Good lord you are hopeless No point explaining it to you again, you're just too dense to comprehend....but for the sake of anyone else who might think you're right: bobbo took a few challenges when he thought he was a lock. After getting destroyed by DS, he (wisely) ducked almost all challenges thrown his way, insisting on outlandish odds (such as insisting he was a heavy favorite and asking for huge underdog odds) and being smoked on the few things he was eventually persuaded to bet on. Being not-so-good at math and basic reasoning, bobbo believes that lucking out on a contest he entered before he realized he wasn't as good as he thought somehow changes his well-established history since then of proclaiming himself better than others, but being unwilling to back it up...the same as he's doing yet again with my proposed challenge.

In the future bobbo, do us a favor: when ducking challenges, just say something like "Sorry, I'm a pussy, can't do it"....will save us having to read your longer posts which say the same thing

bobbywaves

Good lord you are hopeless No point explaining it to you again, you're just too dense to comprehend....but for the sake of anyone else who might think you're right: bobbo took a few challenges when he thought he was a lock. After getting destroyed by DS, he (wisely) ducked almost all challenges thrown his way, insisting on outlandish odds (such as insisting he was a heavy favorite and asking for huge underdog odds) and being smoked on the few things he was eventually persuaded to bet on. Being not-so-good at math and basic reasoning, bobbo believes that lucking out on a contest he entered before he realized he wasn't as good as he thought somehow changes his well-established history since then of proclaiming himself better than others, but being unwilling to back it up...the same as he's doing yet again with my proposed challenge.

In the future bobbo, do us a favor: when ducking challenges, just say something like "Sorry, I'm a pussy, can't do it"....will save us having to read your longer posts which say the same thing
    I played you like a fiddle, losing to DS on purpose knowing we would raise stakes. Didn't know you would be foolish enough to give me 2-1 odds. Reminds me of my days shooting pool in bars. I would let the drunk beat me in a game or two, then I take all his $ the next game.

I accepted your challenge as it was a virtual lock, thanks for accepting & allowing me to collect an easy 34k.

Triple_D_Bet

I played you like a fiddle, losing to DS on purpose knowing we would raise stakes. Didn't know you would be foolish enough to give me 2-1 odds. Reminds me of my days shooting pool in bars. I would let the drunk beat me in a game or two, then I take all his $ the next game.

I accepted your challenge as it was a virtual lock, thanks for accepting & allowing me to collect an easy 34k.
    Just in case anyone didn't know your capability for self-deception is unparalleled here...now you're just showing off

bobbywaves

Just in case anyone didn't know your capability for self-deception is unparalleled here...now you're just showing off
    Of course my skills are unparalleled here, a forum with a plethora of degenerates such as yourself. Winning an easy poker challenge against you for 34k, of course I'm showing off.

Triple_D_Bet

Of course my skills are unparalleled here, a forum with a plethora of degenerates such as yourself. Winning an easy poker challenge against you for 34k, of course I'm showing off.
    Too dumb to even recognize he's being insulted, so he acknowledges it

bobbywaves

Too dumb to even recognize he's being insulted, so he acknowledges it
    Yet you get crushed in a poker challenge, losing 29k to someone "dumb." Easy to see how ignorant that makes you.

First 123