bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Appreciate the input hh...bobby, we're eager to hear your thoughts
    HH is a very good player & I stand corrected, his ratio is indeed higher. I feel the number is quite significant & you will be hard pressed to find anyone else.

I haven't rolled this weeks winnings yet, as I wait for Omaha. Terrified of poker rollover? Hardly, as I stated my time is valuable & Omaha rollover is much faster.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    HH is a very good player & I stand corrected, his ratio is indeed higher. I feel the number is quite significant & you will be hard pressed to find anyone else.

I haven't rolled this weeks winnings yet, as I wait for Omaha. Terrified of poker rollover? Hardly, as I stated my time is valuable & Omaha rollover is much faster.
    There are probably several other good players out there who can beat your imaginary number, but it's beside the point...did you miss the part where HH agreed with me and the rest of the world that it's a meaningless way to measure success? Probably

Your time is valuable? Neat excuse...as shown elsewhere, your points performance averages out to less than $2/hour at best...if the value of your time was the basis for your decision, you'd be 4 times better off flipping burgers instead of playing poker Nobody here plays SBR poker for a living, but when person after person proves that they can make more points in less time than you, your "time is valuable"/ROI excuses don't hold much water. The reality is obvious to everyone but you: you're a mediocre micro-stakes nit who couldn't even win a $50 gift card a year without SBR gifts
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mitchell88, and 5mike5

ProPicker713
    METS!
    ProPicker713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

How about you guys settle this tonight at 10/20
    Buy in for 2k
    Winner gets bragging rights and about 3.5k after rake.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by ProPicker713 View Post
    Buy in for 2k
    That would seem the easiest way to do it picker, I'm down...but I'm sure bobby will say it's not worth his time; he'd rather grind them out at 50/hour

ProPicker713
    METS!

Easiest way for sure. Just heads up between you 2.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by ProPicker713 View Post
    Buy in for 2k
    We already have a 10k pt contest going. This will prove who the better player is over an extended amount of time, not who can get lucky in a 30 minute ring game. Triple D claims I'm a mediocre player, BobbyWaves C if you will. Yet, I have a lead of approx 1,300 pts in our heads up contest & he's nowhere to be found on poker leaderboards. These are facts Triple can't deny, but loves to dismiss.

In summary, it's quite obvious Triple D should downgrade himself to Triple F.

Triple_D_Bet

We already have a 10k pt contest going. This will prove who the better player is over an extended amount of time, not who can get lucky in a 30 minute ring game. Triple D claims I'm a mediocre player, BobbyWaves C if you will. Yet, I have a lead of approx 1,300 pts in our heads up contest & he's nowhere to be found on poker leaderboards. These are facts Triple can't deny, but loves to dismiss.

About that lead...let's look at 2 weeks ago shall we?
    I'll sum it up this way..... As bad as you make my poker play out to be, I somehow managed a 2,250 lead in our 10k contest. So this fact alone would speak volumes about the lack in your game. Throw in my 6.3 ROI compared to your 1.3 ROI, & that tells me all I need to know about your game.

If this pace somehow holds up, I would stand to win our contest by an overwhelming 17,473 margin!

In any event.....Although we don't see eye to eye on much, I sincerely appreciate your 10k gift. It more than makes up for the loans I've been stiffed on.
    That lead doesn't seem to be holding up very well bobby, and it's quite understandable that you wouldn't want to step outside your only real area of expertise (chopping pots in Omaha). One by one you're falling behind in even the imaginary winner's circles you've created for yourself...first it was main leaderboard for 2014 (oops, you keep falling off that); then it was ROI (oops, entire forum acknowledges that has 0 validity). The sad thing is when you fall behind in our contest you probably won't even have sub-leaderboard to cling to...better get an early start on twisting some new numbers to try convincing yourself you're anything special

ProPicker713
    METS!

10/20 is open fellas.

ProPicker713
    METS!

Oh Ok, but bobby that same 30 minute lucky ring game can also be that good half hour tourney game to. Poker 50% luck and 50% skills.
    You guys should attempt to settle this asap instead of waiting.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Hey Bobby, Ill even do a 10k wager with you that I can have a higher ROI then you for 2014, (6 months or whole year). I only play the ring games now when there are people there I want to chat with and I can strictly play rollover and maybe even chop a few in omaha just like you.

Please let me know if you want to do this contest separate from our this current contest.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Triple_D_Bet

Triple_D_Bet

Both DS and bobby miss the money today. Time's running out for bobby, who still trails by 13 min cashes...that's a lot of ground to make up for someone who routinely falls just short of the final table. The "bobby wins by 600" wagers are almost impossible to win, as bobby would require more mincashes than there are tournaments left to succeed. Anything is technically possible though!

Bobbywaves
    Tourneys played: 15
    Points won: 1,260

Downsouth
    Tourneys played: 15
    Points won: 1,690

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Hey Bobby, Ill even do a 10k wager with you that I can have a higher ROI then you for 2014, (6 months or whole year). I only play the ring games now when there are people there I want to chat with and I can strictly play rollover and maybe even chop a few in omaha just like you.

Please let me know if you want to do this contest separate from our this current contest.
    Easy money for bobby obviously, but he'll decline...wish I had time to draft up some lines for what the excuse will be (we already have a contest/I'm on a leaderboard/my time is valuable are the heavy favorites, but always the chance for a new one!)

bobbywaves

About that lead...let's look at 2 weeks ago shall we?

That lead doesn't seem to be holding up very well bobby, and it's quite understandable that you wouldn't want to step outside your only real area of expertise (chopping pots in Omaha). One by one you're falling behind in even the imaginary winner's circles you've created for yourself...first it was main leaderboard for 2014 (oops, you keep falling off that); then it was ROI (oops, entire forum acknowledges that has 0 validity). The sad thing is when you fall behind in our contest you probably won't even have sub-leaderboard to cling to...better get an early start on twisting some new numbers to try convincing yourself you're anything special
    Regardless of how big my lead is, fact is I'm ahead of you in our 10k contest.

If you move ahead at some point then you have a right to talk, as at least you'll have some ammunition to back up your words. As of now, you've been out of ammo in this war of words you can't win.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

If you move ahead at some point then you have a right to talk, as at least you'll have some ammunition to back up your words. As of now, you've been out of ammo in this war of words you can't win.

Bobby, I will assume you missed my above challenge. Please see post #80

Triple_D_Bet

I've got all the ammo I need and then some, all of it meticulously explained over the last week or two...there's only one person on the board who doesn't realize it yet and insists on learning the hard way. If I somehow lose our contest, I can at least take solace in the fact that it won't take me too long to regain the points...when you lose though, it will take over 200 hours of your "valuable time" to recover. Seems like it would have been more efficient to read some poker books and realize how bad you were, but everyone learns differently I guess

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Bobby, I will assume you missed my above challenge. Please see post #80
    When our current contest is over, I may consider a new challenge from July thru December.

Triple_D_Bet

DS bubbles, giving bobby an opportunity which he fails to seize when he goes out super early. At this pace, DS will overtake bobby's YTD winnings well before the year is over, making it even more difficult for bobby to stay on any of the leaderboards he values so highly. 24 to go!

Bobbywaves
    Tourneys played: 16

Downsouth
    Tourneys played: 16

Triple_D_Bet

DS falls just short of a cash to stay at 1690. Bobby doesn't waste any time with his non-cash, stacking off with top pair in first couple hands of the tourney.

Bobbywaves
    Tourneys played: 17

Downsouth

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Brutal beats past two nights. Last night two outer on river sends me packing. Night before carsellered when he pushes q4 into my snap call with q7(hits 4)

Triple_D_Bet

Both place again, with DS expanding his lead by a min cash...almost halfway done!

Bobbywaves
    Points won: 1,460

Downsouth
    Points won: 1,940

Triple_D_Bet

DS with a 6th, bobby with an 8th...DS inching closer to making this a 2-score contest!

Bobbywaves
    Tourneys played: 18
    Points won: 1,580

Downsouth
    Tourneys played: 18
    Points won: 2,110

Triple_D_Bet

Both guys blank tonight
    Contest is halfway over
    Bobby's prospects: dim

Bobbywaves
    Tourneys played: 20
    Points won: 1,580

Downsouth
    Tourneys played: 20
    Points won: 2,110

bobbywaves

I see the tourny's played have jumped from 18-20, correcting your previous error.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1698

Dim, lol

Triple_D_Bet

I see the tourny's played have jumped from 18-20, correcting your previous error.
    Master of "ROI" AND the master of the obvious? Amazing... Now if only you start paying attention to the other numbers, you might be able to make this a closer contest!

bobbywaves

Now if only you start paying attention to the other numbers, you might be able to make this a closer contest!
    Coming from someone who can't add 17 + 1 & trailing our heads up contest by 1,500+, the stones on this guy is unbelievable. If I lose 2.5k to DS so what, I have an easy 10k coming from you.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Coming from someone who can't add 17 + 1 & trailing our heads up contest by 1,500+, the stones on this guy is unbelievable. If I lose 2.5k to DS so what, I have an easy 10k coming from you.
    that is such bullshit! you have completely flipped this thread when things aren't looking good vs DS. Now its not about that its about TripD?
    Btw if SBR took your timer away you would never place, you just sit there. yawn

Triple_D_Bet

Everyone makes mistakes...it's inevitable. Wise people correct them; fools don't. I corrected my clerical error (without any prompting from you or anyone), and you still think you're right and everyone else in the poker world is wrong, despite the truth being laid out in detail several times. Hrm...

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    that is such bullshit! you have completely flipped this thread when things aren't looking good vs DS. Now its not about that its about TripD?
    2,500 bet with DS vs. a 10,000 bet with Triple, it's that difficult for you to figure out which has more significance?

If I was abusing the timer, SBR would have cut in half already......Like Eberetta's timer.

Btw, I don't see you anywhere on poker leaderboard.

bobbywaves

Everyone makes mistakes...it's inevitable. Wise people correct them; fools don't. I corrected my clerical error (without any prompting from you or anyone), and you still think you're right and everyone else in the poker world is wrong
    True....However, some people like yourself make more mistakes than others. Consequently, your facing a 1,500+ deficit.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

2,500 bet with DS vs. a 10,000 bet with Triple, it's that difficult for you to figure out which has more significance?

If I was abusing the timer, SBR would have cut in half already......Like Eberetta's timer.

Btw, I don't see you anywhere on poker leaderboard.
    if you were beating DS and losing to Trip D then it would be the other way around, you wouldn't care about the pts it would be about beating DS. The only reason that your timer is not cut down is because you actually sit there staring at the screen and then hit fold. Others that have had their timers cut down just leave the computer and let it go to "away". You just contradict yourself in so many ways talking about "3 years my junior with more posts", Waves no one takes pts and this place as serious as you. BTW the leader board has not been updated in a while nor do I care if it does get updated you on the other hand will be waiting with bated breath. gl Bobby

Triple_D_Bet

To be fair Mitchell, bobby and I have been having this discussion since well before DS started kicking his ass in this contest, and we should expect more of the same. While skill in poker is usually determined by your ability to deceive your opponent, bobby's only real talent lies in deceiving himself by clinging to data he thinks supports his delusion of himself as a good player, and ignoring the rest of it. When a guy who goes on about his super-valuable time is not only proud of beating $0.40 cent tourneys with a 500% overlay, but incapable of understanding that people who win more than he does in less time are more successful, you can't expect anything different...all you can do is take his points

Triple_D_Bet

True....However, some people like yourself make more mistakes than others. Consequently, your facing a 1,500+ deficit.
    Some people do make more mistakes than others...off the top of my head, a few examples:

a) thinking having the lead in a contest that's not even 20% done is meaningful (how's that working out in your contest vs DS again?)

b) mistakenly lending to extremely risky people and crying when they (often predictably) stiff

c) failing to understand that mincashing 40 cent poker tourneys isn't an accomplishment worth mentioning unless you're in grade school (especially when you have to stall worse than eberetta to get them!)

d) failing to understand that people making more points in less time are more successful than you regardless of which leaderboard/convoluting of numbers you come up with to justify your delusion

The fact that the lead you're always mentioning keeps dropping should be a clue...but then again, if you had a clue, you might actually be able to hang on to that lead

bobbywaves

The only reason that your timer is not cut down is because you actually sit there staring at the screen and then hit fold. Others that have had their timers cut down just leave the computer and let it go to "away".
    Clueless..... guy can't even afford the c-note for pro.

bobbywaves

The fact that the lead you're always mentioning keeps dropping should be a clue...but then again, if you had a clue, you might actually be able to hang on to that lead
    Hang on to lead? My lead has never been threatened, & the lead actually increased last week. If you had a clue, you wouldn't be facing a 1,500+ deficit.

First 123456 ... Last