Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17831

Give the man his points!!!
    Points Awarded:

TheCentaur gave Poker_Beast 290 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Centaur, it's pretty obvious what's going on here.

I believe that you live in the states.

However, when the mods erroneously put you in the Canada rankings for the World Cup thing, they were probably testing you. And instead of getting on the rooftops and shouting "I don't live in Canada!", you let it slide because you were suddenly in first place.

Everyone was saying you didn't belong in the Canada rankings. Everyone, except you.
    First of all, the thought that mods would be testing me for some reason so they could take away my purchasing ability is alarming.

TheGiant, ask anyone I have talked to in the poker rooms or that have asked me about it. I told them it was funny but no, I am in USA. Also, considering I have been in the top 3 overall since the first update I would have no need to choose a specific team. If you look at the World Cup Updates, I said thank you for the update when I was switched back to USA. If I was trying to be in Canada I would have said, "hey why am I not in the Canada team?" Me not shouting from the rooftops that I am in the wrong category justifies me losing about $250 in points and being able to purchase store items?

This is all irrelevant, because the prizes are so small in the World Cup and don't even come close to making up for store purchasing or even VPN fees. Just no logic behind these accusations

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Precisely, he knew exactly what he was doing. To claim ignorance after the fact, proves his vain attempt to try and get away with it.
    Get away with what? You keep accusing and I keep asking, what was I getting away with?

Getting access to items from different jurisdictions? NO
    Moving up in rankings in a freeroll tournament with microscopic prizes? NO
    Changing the items I can order? NO

WTF are you talking about man?

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

who cares anyway he still has to win the points playing poker doesn't matter what country he's from

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I just took a much needed dump and the turd was a solid 2 feet long. Didn't break in half or anything just one big turd in the toilet. I thought about taking a picture or screen shot of it so I could brag about it and show it off to my friends like Randy Marsh, but what do you do with a picture of big turd? Maybe it's fun to look at. You can't sell it or buy anything with it so I hit the flush button and whisked it away. Then it hit me...

that's kinda what it feels like having a bunch of betpoints these days.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheCentaur

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

They confiscated 100,000 points from trixtrix and they didn't even sweat. Confiscating 8,000 from Centaur is just a drop in the bucket for mods. They would find a small technicality to screw up a poster.

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    who cares anyway he still has to win the points playing poker doesn't matter what country he's from
    Shaun some apparently believe I was trying to be on team Canada because it's harder to make the USA team. Meanwhile I'm logging in at least half the time from the US, I'm ordering USA products.

Anyway, the accusations by staff are that I tried to circumvent store restrictions so this whole poker thing is irrelevant. My product orders have remained consistent and I have never changed my address with them.

Those who argue I was trying to have an easier time qualifying for a freeroll poker tourney of course don't mention that products available to non US residents are more valuable because it would contradict their suspicions. I want to qualify for Canada but only order USA store items? Makes no sense
    Last edited by TheCentaur; 07-01-13 at 06:23 PM.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOL. SBR do the right thing.
    Points Awarded:

TheCentaur gave DrStale 290 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

At 1st I was on Cents side. No one likes losing all those points. Right?
    Then I realized he did have 2 accounts & was perhaps trying to free roll, in a way.
    Then I reached post #42 & thought to myself "Who gives A ?
    He's at my table right now & all I can say is I'd LOVE it if they gave him his points back!

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

gl man
    Points Awarded:

TheCentaur gave Ratpack 290 SBR Point(s) for this post.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

great thread
    Points Awarded:

TheCentaur gave William Walters 290 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Then I realized he did have 2 accounts & was perhaps trying to free roll, in a way.
    He's at my table right now & all I can say is I'd LOVE it if they gave him his points back!
    WTF are you talking about Im not at ur table

Yeah I made a ghost one time to get an accurate response in a thread. Never tried to go pro with it or transfer any points, as if that couldn't be tracked anyway. There are posters on here that make light of all the ghosts they have with no reprimands.

People keep accusing me of unrelated stupid shit. Meanwhile sbr says I'm Canadian so won't let me order USA items, but I am in the USA category for World Cup and cannot order non USA items in the store. My status was manually changed by staff to "I circumvent store restrictions". Cute. I am not the first person who has been robbed of points, nor I suspect the last. This is the place you are defending JayVegas, that is until it happens to you (if you ever build a high balance)

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

BOL!
    Points Awarded:

TheCentaur gave Bcatswin 290 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

BCats, what's up pal?

How you been?

New job or something?

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

hope this works out the right way whatever side that is
    Points Awarded:

TheCentaur gave Wrigley 290 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1321

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    WTF are you talking about Im not at ur table

Yeah I made a ghost one time to get an accurate response in a thread. Never tried to go pro with it or transfer any points, as if that couldn't be tracked anyway. There are posters on here that make light of all the ghosts they have with no reprimands.

People keep accusing me of unrelated stupid shit. Meanwhile sbr says I'm Canadian so won't let me order USA items, but I am in the USA category for World Cup and cannot order non USA items in the store. My status was manually changed by staff to "I circumvent store restrictions". Cute. I am not the first person who has been robbed of points, nor I suspect the last. This is the place you are defending JayVegas, that is until it happens to you (if you ever build a high balance)

Oh so now you're calling JayVegas a liar and saying you're not at his table!Plus you insult the guy, stating "he's never gonna have a high balance and if he does he's going to be robbed of his points." And this is the "type of place he's defending", man, you just don't know when to shut up.

Facts are bud, you're a liar and an admitted cheater.
    1. Did you have multiple accounts? Yes!
    2. Did you use a Canadian vpn to order sbr point items knowing you're not from Canada? Yes!
    3. Were you listed on the Canadian poker team using this same vpn? Yes!
    4. Did you lie and say "Whoops a daisy, oh shit I got caught, better whip some bullshit lie?" Yes!
    5. Did you try to bribe sbr posters with points just to buy favor and make your scheme appear legit? Yes!
    6. Are you a complete dumbass and think sbr is out to rob morons like you who get caught doing stupid shit? Yes!

Well there ya go bud, The Deep Six! Consider your ass buried!
    Last edited by mikejamm; 07-01-13 at 08:06 PM.

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Free the Centaur!

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51625

I don't really know what happened here, and I doubt anyone besides centaur knows for certain, but this is the main issue to me.

Centaur: it seems from what others are saying, that in the early weeks of the World Cup Poker Standings, you were listed as being on Team Canada not Team USA. Is this correct? If so, when that occurred did you point this out to SBR or just stay silent about it?

If you stayed silent, then what do you expect SBR to do? You silently acknowledged that you were from Canada by not correcting them when they listed you as such (for which the motivation is very obvious - qualifying for Team Canada is far easier than qualifying for Team USA, and you couldn't have known at that time that you would be at the top of Team USA now, so again the potential motivation you had for not correcting this is very clear).

So you potentially silently acknowledged that you were from Canada, logged in from a Canada IP, and then tried to order something which Canadian people are not permitted to order? Again, what do you expect SBR to do given this set of facts? You could be innocent, but there are tons of people out there scamming with these sorts of tactics, and if SBR doesn't take action against such people, just believes every person's story (it's not hard to come up with such a story whatever your circumstances might be) who gets caught in such a suspicious set of facts, well they wouldn't be in business very long would they? At some point, even if innocent, maybe you have to accept that your own suspicious actions caused you this problem? And frankly I have to say that if this is the set of facts, then I'm glad SBR did what they did - people who are scamming the system are ruining it for others like me who are doing things honestly. There is no doubt that scammers and the like are part of the reason why we are seeing so many price increases in the store and the like, and I'm glad they are taking a hard line against it. Yes unfortunately, sometimes someone who behaves foolishly but isn't actually a scammer (as you might be) might get screwed over, but I'd rather see that than hundreds or perhaps even thousands of scammers get away with scamming and potentially eventually completely ruining the point system for everyone as a result.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

SBR takes away PM access & post edits for no valid reason, raise prices in store, now hijack pts. What's next? Shameful actions, but not surprising in the least. Good luck.
    Points Awarded:

TheCentaur gave bobbywaves 290 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Hook me up, will help with my loan! Thanks!!!
    Points Awarded:

TheCentaur gave Cross 290 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MrZ
    MrZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

BOL!

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

IN, I need them to give to my loan

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Oh so now you're calling JayVegas a liar and saying you're not at his table!Plus you insult the guy, stating "he's never gonna have a high balance and if he does he's going to be robbed of his points." And this is the "type of place he's defending", man, you just don't know when to shut up.

Facts are bud, you're a liar and an admitted cheater.
    1. Did you have multiple accounts? Yes!
    2. Did you use a Canadian vpn to order sbr point items knowing you're not from Canada? Yes!
    3. Were you listed on the Canadian poker team using this same vpn? Yes!
    4. Did you lie and say "Whoops a daisy, oh shit I got caught, better whip some bullshit lie?" Yes!
    5. Did you try to bribe sbr posters with points just to buy favor and make your scheme appear legit? Yes!
    6. Are you a complete dumbass and think sbr is out to rob morons like you who get caught doing stupid shit? Yes!

Well there ya go bud, The Deep Six! Consider your ass buried!
    1. As he explained, he didn't take advantage of the ghost with points, and many others have admitted as much without penalty....plus this info seems to be in no way connected with the timing of restrictions.

2. Ordering US items while on a Candian VPN couldn't have been intentional; what would the advantage be?

3. Was addressed by Centy himself as soon as SBR started updating standings and people started asking about it.

4. What lie? The only people saying Centy should be on Team Canada was SBR.

5. Posters checking in for free points isn't evidence or a cover-up since the final decision makers are the admins; just a tool used to make sure the issue gets people's attention.

6. Call me a dumbass, but looks like SBR is over-reacting a bit here and punishing him where he couldn't have possibly had intent to scam. Taking points away from carseller instead of banning the scumbag is one thing (and a sign of leniency); punishing centy for an obvious mistake seems an awful lot like robbery to me.

I don't know who's at what table and don't really care (although jay's implication that he'd love to take centy's points is pretty funny given their poker histories)....but centy's getting boned here. C'mon SBR, just have one of the "SBR_xxxx" handles admit the mistake and make it right
    Points Awarded:

TheCentaur gave Triple_D_Bet 677 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    1. As he explained, he didn't take advantage of the ghost with points, and many others have admitted as much without penalty....plus this info seems to be in no way connected with the timing of restrictions.

2. Ordering US items while on a Candian VPN couldn't have been intentional; what would the advantage be?

3. Was addressed by Centy himself as soon as SBR started updating standings and people started asking about it.

4. What lie? The only people saying Centy should be on Team Canada was SBR.

5. Posters checking in for free points isn't evidence or a cover-up since the final decision makers are the admins; just a tool used to make sure the issue gets people's attention.

6. Call me a dumbass, but looks like SBR is over-reacting a bit here and punishing him where he couldn't have possibly had intent to scam. Taking points away from carseller instead of banning the scumbag is one thing (and a sign of leniency); punishing centy for an obvious mistake seems an awful lot like robbery to me.

I don't know who's at what table and don't really care (although jay's implication that he'd love to take centy's points is pretty funny given their poker histories)....but centy's getting boned here. C'mon SBR, just have one of the "SBR_xxxx" handles admit the mistake and make it right
    Triple D I couldn't have said it better myself
    And I was not on Jayvegas' table which is easily confirmed by hand histories (don't even know where that came from)

I feel like I am on trial for murder here, and some people (Mikespamm, TheGiant, Arunsh) are presenting evidence like I got caught speeding 6 months ago, I underreported income one year, murder is bad and we need to punish it (Arunsh's post), but nothing of any substance pertaining to my case. Meanwhile SBR has a history of doing this type of thing.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Triple D I couldn't have said it better myself
    And I was not on Jayvegas' table which is easily confirmed by hand histories (don't even know where that came from)

I feel like I am on trial for murder here, and some people (Mikespamm, TheGiant, Arunsh) are presenting evidence like I got caught speeding 6 months ago, I underreported income one year, murder is bad and we need to punish it (Arunsh's post), but nothing of any substance pertaining to my case. Meanwhile SBR has a history of doing this type of thing.

Centaur, you have once again ducked the question that The Giant and I asked: when SBR reported you as being on Team Canada early in the World Cup - do you alert them to the error or not? Very simple question.

If the answer is no, well what conclusion do you expect people to draw other than that you were hoping to be listed as a member of Team Canada rather than Team USA to give yourself an easier route to the finals? Whether this was your intent or not, I'm sure you could see how your silence could be interpreted as an attempt to do just that. And the fact that you have admitted to using a Canadian VPN (for what purpose only you know) also lends credence to this possibility - something which again I'm sure you can see looks suspicious whether you are guilty of it or not.

Once more, look at SBR's point of view on this. They list you as a member of Team Canada (and to my knowledge you do not correct them), they see you are using a Canadian IP address to verify this, and then suddenly you try to order items from the store which are not permitted for members of that country. Again, does it really surprise you that a site which has to be very wary of people scamming their point system in various ways would see this whole situation as something rather suspicious and thereby choose the "better safe than sorry" route as a way to handle it?

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    Centaur, you have once again ducked the question that The Giant and I asked: when SBR reported you as being on Team Canada early in the World Cup - do you alert them to the error or not? Very simple question.

If the answer is no, well what conclusion do you expect people to draw other than that you were hoping to be listed as a member of Team Canada rather than Team USA to give yourself an easier route to the finals? Whether this was your intent or not, I'm sure you could see how your silence could be interpreted as an attempt to do just that. And the fact that you have admitted to using a Canadian VPN (for what purpose only you know) also lends credence to this possibility - something which again I'm sure you can see looks suspicious whether you are guilty of it or not.

Once more, look at SBR's point of view on this. They list you as a member of Team Canada (and to my knowledge you do not correct them), they see you are using a Canadian IP address to verify this, and then suddenly you try to order items from the store which are not permitted for members of that country. Again, does it really surprise you that a site which has to be very wary of people scamming their point system in various ways would see this whole situation as something rather suspicious and thereby choose the "better safe than sorry" route as a way to handle it?
    Arunsh ur a smart guy, I know this.

So much of this post is inaccurate though and I think maybe you just haven't read the thread thoroughly.

-I am not listed as team Canada I am listed as team USA

-Admitted to using a Canadian VPN? Why are you acting like this is a crime? I use this almost daily for uses other posters in here have highlighted (maybe that was the most recent World Cup Update thread), such as viewing live lines at Pinnacle and other things online that can be restricted by geographic location. Lock me away and throw away the key!

-Suddenly I order from a Canadian VPN? SBR has a history of my logins from USA and Canada, it's not sudden. I have never tried to order something not available to someone with my address on file. They took the opportunity of me being on a Canadian IP and ordering USA products (which is what I have always ordered) to not pay out and never allow me to purchase again based on a technicality.

-Again, I don't understand how what I did could be a scam. What was I getting away with in the store? How was I benefiting or costing other posters?

-Enough about the stupid poker tournament! It's not the reason they give for their actions and there is little to no benefit from my supposed deception. In this thread http://www.sportsbookreview.com/forum/players-ta...eating-up.html they change me to team USA and acknowledge their system confuses regions. I think this is their second update on the Cup. I thank them for the update, which would seem to show my approval of what region I'm in, would it not? Please tell me where it seems I am misleading them or trying to say I should be on team Canada. What a travesty, I didn't call 911 on the previous update!
    Last edited by TheCentaur; 07-02-13 at 12:33 AM.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Centaur: my replies below

Arunsh ur a smart guy, I know this.

So much of this post is inaccurate though and I think maybe you just haven't read the thread thoroughly.

-I am not listed as team Canada I am listed as team USA

"This is not the point. My point is: were you listed as being on Team Canada early on when they were updating the standings? I know you are now listed as Team USA, but early on were you listed as being Team Canada and did you choose to not correct SBR on that issue?"

-Admitted to using a Canadian VPN? Why are you acting like this is a crime? I use this almost daily for uses other posters in here have highlighted (maybe that was the most recent World Cup Update thread), such as viewing live lines at pinnacle and other things online that can be restricted by geographic location. Lock me away and throw away the key!

"I did not mean to infer that there was anything wrong with using a VPN. My point was that if SBR viewed that you were trying to pull their legs in terms of giving the impression that you should be on Team Canada not Team USA, the fact that you were using a VPN to give off such a Canadian IP could be considered further evidence of that - another reason why they might have been suspicious that you were trying to do this since you did not correct them when they originally listed you as being on Team Canada."

-Suddenly I order from a Canadian VPN? SBR has a history of my logins from USA and Canada, it's not sudden. I have never tried to order something not available to someone with my address on file. They took the opportunity of me being on a Canadian IP and ordering USA products (which is what I have always ordered) to not pay out and never allow me to purchase again based on a technicality.

-Again, I don't understand how what I did could be a scam. What was I getting away with in the store? How was I benefiting or costing other posters?

-Enough about the stupid poker tournament! It's not the reason they give for their actions and there is little to no benefit from my supposed deception.

"Again, it's entirely possible that you are completely innocent in all this, and just a very unfortunate set of coincidences pieced themselves together to cause SBR to do this. But I ask you to consider this hypothetical (again this is purely a hypothetical, I'm not accusing you of this):

You, seeing the new poker format realize it would be to your advantage to be thought of as a member of Team Canada not Team USA. So with the aid of your VPN, make SBR think that you are indeed from Canada. And when SBR posts the standings early on of this contest that very fact that you were trying to convince them of is verified. Later on, when on a Canadian IP address you attempt to order items which are not permitted to those residing in Canada. This naturally catches their eye, and they try to assess what is going on. And they see that you are indeed from the US (as your previous orders and other things would verify). They then ask themselves why when you are in the US you did not correct them in regards to the World Cup issue yourself - and they perhaps conclude that you were trying to do what I mentioned in the first sentence. And whether they know this to be true or not, they do feel something untoward occurred since they did list you as being on that team, something which you knew to be false but did not correct. As such, they, as I said, take the "better safe than sorry" route and block you from further purchasing.

Just, as I said, a hypothetical. And even if it's not true, do you at least see why they might think that this is indeed what happened and choose to protect themselves?

Again, that's really just my point behind it - I too would see this set of facts as suspicious. Not that I think you are guilty - to be honest I doubt you are since I can't see anyone trying such an elaborate scheme when the payoff is so low. But I understand why SBR would see it as suspicious, and a site which is overloaded with people trying to scam them, I can see why they might choose to take such a strong action against anyone who they think is likely to be scamming them. It's unfortunately perhaps the same sort of thing that often ruins bonuses at sportsbooks and the like - people trying to scam bonuses unfortunately sometimes ruin it for innocent people which is why being extra careful to avoid anything which might be interpreted as such needs to be avoided."

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

centy using a VPN of any sort on a site like this is asking for trouble. you use it to view pinnacle lines ? for what else ? do you gamble at books restricted to americans using that ? im not so sure how this stuff works but you did fool sbr into thinking you were from canada for some time (i dont think on purpose though . for what a potential 1-1.5k pts? but as arunsh said why stay silent?). player like you makes that amount in 10 days in the daily tourneys/ring tables. i think at the ring tables i even asked you before this mess and you gave an elusive response, neither a yes or a no. if you said from the beginning that you are from the US and use a canadian VPN for whatever reason i still think the course of action wouldve been the same man. in a free, accomodating site like this many people ghost and scam (not saying you are one of them) but get rid of the VPN. you can see pinnacle lines without it.

its easy to lose control. i mean look at me . i dont bet baseball well (and it seems as of late tennis as well) and bet these points cuz i knew i'd lose real money doing so. i lost and borrowed, lost and borrowed, now i have to buy points thru moneybookers before i head back to new york to pay off my lenders

it is a responsibility i have to my lenders. 60 year old kock and his bf smallnutz can say whatever they want about me.
    i might as well have made a real money deposit at the books . easy to lose control when dealing with supposed "free" points. but they are not free. they have a value and when built up are not chump change.

i think you need to be fullly honest about this (to admin not these fukks) and hopefully you get yur pts access back.

Last edited by Wulfman14; 07-02-13 at 01:44 AM.

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    i think at the ring tables i even asked you before this mess and you gave an elusive response, neither a yes or a no. if you said from the beginning that you are from the US and use a canadian VPN for whatever reason i still think the course of action wouldve been the same man. in a free, accomodating site like this many people ghost and scam (not saying you are one of them) but get rid of the VPN. you can see pinnacle lines without it.

I admit, it was amusing seeing some posters get incensed about a freeroll contest so I allowed the rumors to persist for a little while but never lied when asked about it. It was made clear from the beginning you were going to play where you were supposed to:

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    Hi guys,

Please note that these weekly standings are intended to give you a general update on how each team is doing. As has been extensively covered in prior weeks, a player's geo-location is subject to the system. Rest assured that when this event actually concludes and this data becomes more meaningful, each player's designation will be manually checked for any inconsistencies.

Thanks for your feedback and good luck!
    Once again, this World Cup team fiasco was not the reason given for the hijacking
    Last edited by TheCentaur; 07-02-13 at 02:48 AM.

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    centy using a VPN of any sort on a site like this is asking for trouble. you use it to view pinnacle lines ? for what else ? do you gamble at books restricted to americans using that ? im not so sure how this stuff works
    Maybe I use it to view Klingon porn or lure hot French Canadian chicks into nude skyping. Why do I have to explain it to SBR posters?

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

centaur give away ALL YOUR POINTS since they're worthless to you and HIT THE ROAD JACK!! that's sbr's words not mine

p.s. sounds like you got screwed, pepe.
    Points Awarded:

TheCentaur gave GamblerSpirit 290 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PromiseLand
    PromiseLand's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit.
    Points Awarded:

TheCentaur gave PromiseLand 290 SBR Point(s) for this post.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

let the guy gave his points , blimey there only points worthless to some if us

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe I use it to view Klingon porn or lure hot French Canadian chicks into nude skyping. Why do I have to explain it to SBR posters?

not to us . but at least to sbr after all you've won from them. wtf is klingon porn ?

never mind just googled it. centaur you sikk fuk

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1321

Triple D makes some valid points and I respect the guy's opinion given his ability to read people and the fact that he's been posting here quite a while now, ran several great side poker tourneys, makes reasonable loans and is not the least bit weary about calling out or making an example of the idiotic behavior that sometimes exists on this forum, myself included.

And to be honest Triple, I'm trying to give Centaur the benefit of a doubt. We all make mistakes and some are more reckless and dishonest than others. What I don't understand, just as myself and others like ArunSh have stated, is why Centaur waited and did not come forward to explain him self when the incident with him being listed on the Canadian poker team first came to light? He was already well aware he was using a Canadian vpn then, and mislead SBR in to believing he was playing from that country.

Second, given that ok, he's using a non USA server vpn to appear as if he's in Canada for whatever reason, that according to him, he pays for, which I also find kinda hard to believe when there are so many free vpn access servers out there. The World Poker Cup started in April, so he had ample opportunity to not make that mistake again and keep his shit straight, whatever he was doing.

Fast forward to last week, the guy attempts to place a points order using once again a Canadian vpn. Why make the same dumb mistake twice? You've already aroused the suspicion of SBR by allowing yourself to be recognized as a Canadian poker player, which in all honestly, should have disqualified him on the spot. But SBR allowed his "explanation" I guess, and he was placed on the USA team. Why would you again jeopardize your membership, knowing the scams and multi-accounting that has gone on here, leading to increased prices and closer scrutinization by SBR management?

Centaur's reasoning that he was "amused seeing some posters get incensed", over the poker controversy, doesn't carry jack shit for his creditability! Not so fuk'in "amusing" now, is it bud? The bottom line is what he did was wrong and you can't blame SBR for reacting the way they did. You can't give preferential treatment to one poster when others have been caught and banned for doing the same thing.

Look at it from this point of view, you go to Vegas and get caught cheating in one casino, you might think, "Hell, I'll just move on to the next one." Not anymore, get busted in one casino, you're banned from all of them, most of the time for life! That's what technology can do, work for you or work against you. Centaur used technology he knew would get him into trouble, he ignored the risks and got caught, not once mind you, twice. A tough life lesson I'll agree, but he had the chance to use better judgement.
    Last edited by mikejamm; 07-03-13 at 07:11 AM.

First 1234 Last