Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Trivia error?

Who was given the title when Ali was forced to vacate it?

Wasn't this Joe Frazier?? I could have sworn he had a title that Ali vacated.

It said Jimmy Ellis was the correct answer.

If I'm right, gimme my points, SBR!

Shitty 10-point question too!!

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Ellis won the elimination tournament that was held ... Frazier refused to participate in it actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    By 1966, Ellis was fighting as a heavyweight. When Ali was stripped of the world title for refusing to enter the military, the World Boxing Association staged an eight-man tournament that featured most of the top heavyweight contenders. Ellis, with eight consecutive wins, was invited to be in the tournament.

Joe Frazier, the widely accepted #1 contender, chose not to participate in the tournament. Instead, Frazier fought and knocked out Buster Mathis for the vacant New York State Athletic Commission World Heavyweight Championship.

In his first WBA eliminator, Ellis impressively stopped Leotis Martin in nine rounds on cuts. The fight was about even at the time of the stoppage, but Ellis' sneaky and fast right hand had been a continual danger to Martin throughout. In his next fight, Ellis dropped iron-jawed Oscar Bonavena twice on his way to an easy fifteen-round unanimous decision to reach the WBA tournament final.

On April 27, 1968, Ellis defeated Jerry Quarry by a fifteen-round majority decision to win the vacant WBA World Heavyweight Championship. The referee scored the fight 7-6-2 for Ellis, while the two judges at ringside scored it 10-5 for Ellis and 6-6-3, respectively. Sports Illustrated called Ellis' performance "a tactical masterpiece." Quarry said, "If they'd given me the decision, I'd have given it back. I didn't deserve it.".

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Thanks for posting, chach!

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Np ...

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

What kind of stupid question is this? If there is a 2nd puck on the ice (or any foreign object for that matter), the refs will blow the whistle immediately for the players safety. When are there ever multiple pucks on the ice anyway? When some drunk throws a puck on the ice from the stands during play, which I have seen ...what? Maybe once or twice in my lifetime.

Name:  trivia.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  12.7 KB

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

70kg I got that question awhiles back. I answered immediately also. They should get rid of that one. But when you have to come up with so many different trivia questions there are bound to be a handful that are confusing or just plain stupid.