zacharyj53
    zacharyj53's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Trivia was wrong today, there wasn't a correct answer...

Question was what team made a super bowl in its first season?

They said the correct answer was the Tennessee Titans. This team was established in 1959, before the Super Bowl even began.
    Points Awarded:

yisman gave zacharyj53 5000 Betpoint(s) for this post.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by zacharyj53 View Post
    Question was what team made a super bowl in its first season?

They said the correct answer was the Tennessee Titans. This team was established in 1959, before the Super Bowl even began.
    What were the other three choices?

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

changed my mind. bad question/answer.
    Last edited by Kaabee; 04-11-13 at 02:57 PM.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

depends how the question was worded

they were the tennessee oilers for the 1998 season, then the titans for 1999 season and made the super bowl that year

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Hey zachary... if nothing else you're going to make a few of my chick friends feel like trivia legends for a day.

The options offered were: 1. Tennesse Titans 2. St Louis Cardinals 3. Memphis Grizzlies and 4. Henderson Colonels (your choice and a high school football team)

For a 10pt question about a Super Bowl winner your options were an 1. actual NFL team 2. MLB team 3. NBA team and 4. high school team. Not sure how anyone with even a slight knowledge of US sports couldn't take a decent guess here but good luck with your future trivias!! I'm sure you'll understand why we won't rule the answer "wrong"

runner5k
    runner5k's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5589

Classic Shari! I doubt many people realize some of the options usually are instant incorrect answers

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Hey zachary... if nothing else you're going to make a few of my chick friends feel like trivia legends for a day.

The options offered were: 1. Tennesse Titans 2. St Louis Cardinals 3. Memphis Grizzlies and 4. Henderson Colonels (your choice and a high school football team)

For a 10pt question about a Super Bowl winner your options were an 1. actual NFL team 2. MLB team 3. NBA team and 4. high school team. Not sure how anyone with even a slight knowledge of US sports couldn't take a decent guess here but good luck with your future trivias!! I'm sure you'll understand why we won't rule the answer "wrong"
    thats a joke right? those were not the other answers????

zacharyj53

I am not trying to get the trivia back. I am 100% correct though.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

that certainly changes things.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Not arguing and I don't wan't to get carsellered,

but the St Louis Cardinals were also a NFL team from 1960-1987, the moved to Arizona in '88, they have never won the Super Bowl, so of course they couldn't be the correct answer.

zacharyj53

Quote Originally Posted by stikymess View Post
    Not arguing and I don't wan't to get carsellered,

but the St Louis Cardinals were also a NFL team from 1960-1987, the moved to Arizona in '88, they have never won the Super Bowl, so of course they couldn't be the correct answer.

Titans have never won either.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Not good Zack

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Trivia is impossible to win without the glitch that freezes the clock.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

re: cards

it was made super bowl, not won super bowl

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post

Caught that, my bad, didn't want to go edit. sharp as always yisman,

zacharyj53

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post

Doesn't matter overall, I am still right.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!

its a badly worded question thats why they make it a gimme with the other answers being so crazy IMO

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by zacharyj53 View Post
    Doesn't matter overall, I am still right.
    Not really. Question doesnt say anything about FRANCHISE. Tenn Titans did make the Super Bowl the first year of their existence as the Titans. None of the other teams exist in the NFL or ever made the Super Bowl.

zacharyj53

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Not really. Question doesnt say anything about FRANCHISE. Tenn Titans did make the Super Bowl the first year of their existence as the Titans. None of the other teams exist in the NFL or ever made the Super Bowl.

Titians were already a team. They just changed their name.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Wow zachy. WOW.

zacharyj53

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post

Wow zachy. WOW.
    Wow, I am right?