borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just got scammed big time, Need a big loan

Boys I was just scammed out of 820pts in poker by a SBR Shill Caspersky (SBR_Lou). So I've just decided that for once I'd like to get something out of SBR and my points. So I'm looking for a Mega loan. I'm sure some of you will be risk averse and I understand. But here is my proposition.

Option 1:
    I'm currently in the running for Bodog's Poker championship (See prizes below), In the last Championship I placed in the top 20 & cashed. There is no reason to expect I can't min cash again. I'm a better tourney than ring player. So I
    would prefer to stay able to play in the dailies. Which ironically does ensure you faster repay just ask around.

In return for this model, you of course get my daily winnings plus I will let you pick my picks for BTP the last 6 weeks. If It wins we'll do a 60% model. Meaning I win 1k, you bet it as you see fit I only get credit for 600pts off the debt for the 1k bet. (Insane value there).

I want to borrow at least 3k but would prefer 5k points. I'm going to do a big repay mdoel.

If you loan me 3k I'll do
    3000 @ 3300 in 1 week.
    3000@ 3500 in 2 weeks.
    3000@4000 in 1 month. If by some horrible tragedy it goes past 1 month I'll defer to you more experienced lenders at what we should do interest wise.

5k I'll make it sweeter.
    5000@5500 in 1 week
    5000@6000 in 2 weeks
    5000@7500 from 1 month to 3 months. That is a absolute flat rate. If it goes past 3 months we'll negotiate but I can't see that happening.

Option 2: I'm going to set aside from the loan the amount equal to 12pts a day to play till Dec 9th. But because I had to micro manage my own points the interest will be more traditional at around 10%. I'am open to amounts/terms & conditions so please post here.

Prize-pool
    1st. $5,000
    2nd. $2,000
    3rd. $1,000
    4th. 20K betpoints
    5th. 18K betpoints
    6th. 17K betpoints
    7th. 15K betpoints
    8th. 12.5K betpoints
    9th. 10K betpoints
    10th. 7.5K betpoints
    11th. 20K poker pts
    12th. 15K poker pts
    13th. 13K poker pts
    14th. 10K poker pts
    15th. 6K poker pts
    16-20th. 4.2K poker pts
    21-25th. 3K poker pts

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

Was in a hurry. Forgot to mention Option 2 does still include the BTP picks/fp. And I'm open to negotiate on anything.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Stop it. You played that hand like dirt and it was John, not Lou. THIS is getting scammed. Been happening all day.

***** Hand history (v1.2) *****
    Hand ID 2565540
    $2/$4 NL Texas Hold'em (No Limit) - 18:49:00 20/11/2012 ET
    Table 'Burn Ban', 6 seats max, Real money
    Seat 1 is the button. Small Blind $2, Big Blind $4
    Note: seat IDs range from 1 to 6
    Seat 1 (playing) : tatddy, amount $592.70, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
    Seat 3 (playing) : shock11, amount $800.30, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
    Seat 5 (playing) : jrmartinmig, amount $220.60, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
    shock11: Small Blind ($2)
    jrmartinmig: Big Blind ($4)
    ** Dealing Down Cards **
    Dealt to tatddy: [6s, 8h]
    tatddy: Raise [btn] ($10)
    shock11: Call ($8)
    jrmartinmig: Fold
    ** Dealing Flop **
    Community cards: [Ks, 7d, 9s]
    shock11: Check ($0)
    tatddy: Bet [btn] ($14)
    shock11: Call ($14)
    ** Dealing Turn **
    Community cards: [Th]
    shock11: Check ($0)
    tatddy: Bet [btn] ($40)
    shock11: Raise ($130)
    tatddy: Raise [btn] ($568.70)
    shock11: Call ($438.70)
    tatddy: Show Cards ($0)
    shock11: Show Cards ($0)
    ** Dealing River **
    Community cards: [Jh]
    ** End Round **
    ** Evaluate **
    shock11: Show Cards ($0)
    tatddy: Show Cards ($0)
    ** Showdown **
    Main pot $1188.40, Rake $1
    Summary tatddy: bet $632.70, won $0, net $-632.70
    Summary shock11: bet $592.70, won $1188.40, net $595.70, HoleCards [Jc, Qc], HiHand [a straight, nine to king] [Ks, Qc, Jh, Th, 9s], won $1188.40 from main pot

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

What exactly does this have to do with my loan request? How I played or didn't play against a shill doesn't matter in regards to the loan. Plus I don't see how you were scammed . You called on the flop which was solid given the value/pot size. When the 10 hit, you ignored his reraise (Sign of strength) and the fact a higher straight was possibly on the board, at which point you decided to shove. All I can see is how you misplayed the hand on the turn.

The chance of him having say AK here is high so I can understand a call or better yet a repop to see how he responds. But a full out shove was careless.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by borednaz View Post
    What exactly does this have to do with my loan request? How I played or didn't play against a shill doesn't matter in regards to the loan. Plus I don't see how you were scammed . You called on the flop which was solid given the value/pot size. When the 10 hit, you ignored his reraise (Sign of strength) and the fact a higher straight was possibly on the board, at which point you decided to shove. All I can see is how you misplayed the hand on the turn.

The chance of him having say AK here is high so I can understand a call or better yet a repop to see how he responds. But a full out shove was careless.
    First off not talking about the loan. Have no opinion on that...gl with your request.

2nd. I didn't call on the flop, I was betting the whole way. I bet the turn in a HU, short handed pot and he raised. What are you going to do there with a straight? Fold? Call? You can't call then fold on the river when a blank hits. And his raising range on the turn is too big to get away from there. Could have a set, top 2 pr, etc etc. Just a cooler.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    First off not talking about the loan. Have no opinion on that...gl with your request.

2nd. I didn't call on the flop, I was betting the whole way. I bet the turn in a HU, short handed pot and he raised. What are you going to do there with a straight? Fold? Call? You can't call then fold on the river when a blank hits. And his raising range on the turn is too big to get away from there. Could have a set, top 2 pr, etc etc. Just a cooler.
    I won't lie I would of made the same mistake more than likely I would not seen the higher straight myself and re-popped him. Then if he went all in even on the blank I would of called. But I would at least admit to myself I played it badly.

tatddy

I won't lie I would of made the same mistake more than likely I would not seen the higher straight myself and re-popped him. Then if he went all in even on the blank I would of called. But I would at least admit to myself I played it badly.
    Agree to disagree. With my range and level of aggression at the table he could have raised me there without the nuts. It's a cash game...I COULD have folded to his raise on the turn but that would mean I put him on JQ specifically and that's just silly. If it was a high buy-in tourney I could see folding but in a cash game you get coolered you deal with it and rebuy.

Now, the hand that you're referring to in your initial post.....that preflop raise...was ... just...real...bad. You know this. SBR John played it perfectly.

***** Hand history (v1.2) *****
    Hand ID 2565402
    $2/$4 NL Texas Hold'em (No Limit) - 18:06:00 20/11/2012 ET
    Table 'Burn Ban', 6 seats max, Real money
    Seat 1 is the button. Small Blind $2, Big Blind $4
    Note: seat IDs range from 1 to 6
    Seat 1 (playing) : tatddy, amount $404.90, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
    Seat 2 (playing) : borednaz, amount $248.20, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
    Seat 3 (playing) : 1949, amount $422.60, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
    Seat 4 (playing) : CasperSky, amount $949.30, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
    Seat 5 (playing) : jrmartinmig, amount $468.80, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
    Seat 6 (playing) : SBR_John, amount $194.30, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
    borednaz: Small Blind ($2)
    1949: Big Blind ($4)
    ** Dealing Down Cards **
    Dealt to tatddy: [Js, Qd]
    CasperSky: Raise ($14)
    jrmartinmig: Fold
    SBR_John: Call ($14)
    tatddy: Call [btn] ($14)
    borednaz: Raise ($26.20)
    1949: Fold
    CasperSky: Call ($12.20)
    SBR_John: Raise ($50)
    tatddy: Fold [btn] ($0)
    borednaz: Call ($23.80)
    CasperSky: Call ($23.80)
    ** Dealing Flop **
    Community cards: [8s, Jc, 3h]
    borednaz: Bet ($198.20)
    CasperSky: Fold
    SBR_John: Call ($144.30)
    borednaz: Show Cards ($0)
    SBR_John: Show Cards ($0)
    ** Dealing Turn **
    Community cards: [2c]
    ** Dealing River **
    Community cards: [8h]
    ** End Round **
    ** Evaluate **
    borednaz: Show Cards ($0)
    SBR_John: Show Cards ($0)
    ** Showdown **
    Main pot $453.60, Rake $3
    Side pot #1 $53.90, Rake $0
    Summary borednaz: bet $250.20, won $53.90, net $-196.30, HoleCards [6h, Jh], HiHand [two pairs, jacks and eights] [Jh, Jc, 8s, 8h, 6h], won $53.90 from side pot #1
    Summary SBR_John: bet $208.30, won $453.60, net $245.30, HoleCards [As, Ah], HiHand [two pairs, aces and eights] [As, Ah, 8s, 8h, Jc], won $453.60 from main pot

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

You know Tat, this time you have my apologizes sir. You had a read on your opponent no doubt, you had a feel for the hand. I shouldn't of questioned you on it. I wasn't wrong on my evaluation of the turn but I was wrong on your reads/ability so for that I'm sorry.

tatddy

You know Tat, this time you have my apologizes sir. You had a read on your opponent no doubt, you had a feel for the hand. I shouldn't of questioned you on it. I wasn't wrong on my evaluation of the turn but I was wrong on your reads/ability so for that I'm sorry.
    No need for apologies. You're right I could have folded on the turn. I just didn't see calling as an option. There was a flush draw, straight draw, and possible full house draws on the board and there would have been 350ish in the pot if I called the turn. Would have put me in a position to have to call 200 or more on the river if a blank hit. Personally, I'd rather push or fold there. If you get coolered so be it but at least you don't give your opponent a chance to draw in case your straight is good.