SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Does my 5th pick bite-ola? New Mexico +33.5

Want to hear something semi-fvkked up? i think Bob davie is going to improve the Lobo program. Yea I know they got white washed by Texas and tech is thought to be improved and all. The Lobos had problems with special teams last week and had some good drives stall and turned the ball over. Their defense is improved against the run but their corners and secondary in general lacks talent. Back to the pick, they score this week and probably get into the 20's. the +33.5 is enough I think.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

I like your other posting handle better John

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

What are the odds of you going 5-0 in BTP in any week this year John?

and by any week, I mean next week

and by next week, I mean......TBD

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Chi was that the only bad line you've ever had cancalled? You are sure taking it hard.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Didn't Lou confirm in that thread it was a good line and will stay??

If your ace employees don't know a bad line....how are we supposed too?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

we are learning

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Senior quarterback B.R. Holbrook is questionable with bruised ribs. UNM's backups went 1-8 for 3 yards i believe when starting QB was taken out in previous game.

Also, their top WR Lamaar Thomas is OUT.

I'm not sure about this one SBRJohn, I would've agreed with you if HOlbrook was going to play - now its more of a toss up.

FB1907
    FB1907's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 296

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Want to hear something semi-fvkked up? i think Bob davie is going to improve the Lobo program. Yea I know they got white washed by Texas and tech is thought to be improved and all. The Lobos had problems with special teams last week and had some good drives stall and turned the ball over. Their defense is improved against the run but their corners and secondary in general lacks talent. Back to the pick, they score this week and probably get into the 20's. the +33.5 is enough I think.
    Nope not a chance here Johnny. You can't compare the way texas played UNM and the way Tech will. After seeing the shaky UT off and a not so great ashby, Tech and there high powered off led by doege will air raid all over UNM this weekend at the JONES! Tech's def, although not stellar has definetly improved from the past years under tubby's reign at lubbock. So expect tech to put up some serious numbers on UNM and hold them to limited scoring posessions. The only way tech might not end up covering this spread is if the game gets out of control earlier than expected and tubby decides to put the 2nd string in. But even then i think tech can matchup with 1st string UNM and hold them to limited points. This one will look something like 59-13 texas tech. It's also Alumni/family weekend at tech this weekend so expect the raiders to put on a show!
    Last edited by FB1907; 09-15-12 at 03:12 AM.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

On top ofthat, something Ive noticed with Tech is that they don't let off on the gas. They kept scoring on Texas St even after they had that game wrapped up, basically by halftime. It has been their mentality since Leach and seems to follow through still.

Granted this method only works when Tech is playing a really bad opponent. Otherwise, they would normally just lose themselves.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

good luck johnny

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Put State at the end of New Mexico and you might be onto something.

New Mexico is bad, UNLV bad.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

asalaam alikum