stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    tell me about it. I'm holding with covered calls but $9 a share earnings when we were looking for close to $11 is unsettling to say the least. I sure wouldn't be buying here. I think we could easily see low 600's before the wounds heal.
    Shake it off, it'll come back.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

tell me about it. I'm holding with covered calls but $9 a share earnings when we were looking for close to $11 is unsettling to say the least. I sure wouldn't be buying here. I think we could easily see low 600's before the wounds heal.
    your goog debacle might have some collateral damage and stick me into fb

sold a ton of october 19 puts, felt really comfortable not having to buy in before earnings (until today)

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    “Google continues to rocket forward. Let’s not forget Apple was slammed back in July and they’re doing just fine,” Ken Marlin, an analyst at Marlin & Associates, told FOX Business. “I do think it’s a buying opportunity.”
    Interesting.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    your goog debacle might have some collateral damage and stick me into fb

sold a ton of october 19 puts, felt really comfortable not having to buy in before earnings (until today)
    I like the trade. Puts you into FB under $18 if you got at least a buck.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    I'll offer a surrender option of 30% of the bet stake for SBR_JOHN who wants out. Today only.
    Your still down 60 points. You want me to return 30% of your bet stake to cancel the bet?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

I like the trade. Puts you into FB under $18 if you got at least a buck.
    that is true, and i made a couple points on prior months

the weekly options are HUGE next week, since earnings are tuesday

$19 weekly calls/puts are 1.25, i would rather watch from the sidelines for 2 days but if i'm forced into the stock i'm selling $19 calls

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

Your still down 60 points. You want me to return 30% of your bet stake to cancel the bet?
    offer good for 33 more minutes..

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry

my new wallpaper

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Great call, aapl terrible day also terrible time to invest with fiscal cliff but apple would make me nervous period. They will still be one of the best electronics but it's competitors are catching up, watch for Microsoft

KingJD31

Hustled
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwinyourmoney View Post
    Google Looks to Distance Android from Apple vs. Samsung Ruling

Apple is coming after google next.

Horrible bet on google John. With the Iphone 5 coming AND Ipad mini.....Apple is going to to explode.

Can I bet you real money??? $500. Ill take Apple -$10.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Quote Originally Posted by Iwinyourmoney View Post
    Google Looks to Distance Android from Apple vs. Samsung Ruling

Apple is coming after google next.

Horrible bet on google John. With the Iphone 5 coming AND Ipad mini.....Apple is going to to explode.

Can I bet you real money??? $500. Ill take Apple -$10.
    Apple Homers are funny.

Apple down $125 since Iphone 5 release.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry

this side bet not going well....

SBR_John
    Wisky

I'm a buyer at $525. Keep in mind aapl's low was mid 300's. It got a little ahead of itself. Goog coming into range too. I could see it working its way down to the 635 range.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

NOK looks like a nice buy right now.

KingJD31

That's a shame

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I will be happy if AAPL can hit $740 just one more time sometime next year early.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    I will be happy if AAPL can hit $740 just one more time sometime next year early.
    it won't come anywhere close to that

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    You're not sucking me in this time pal

I've been an Apple diehard for 15+ years now and even I'm sick of their crap now. Things crash, battery life still sucks, they're behind other companies yet I'm supposed to overpay for something because it has a chewed fruit on the back. And most people (including myself these days) don't even use Macs for anything different than they would a PC yet they pay a fortune for the privilege. They can shove their iPhone5, the iPad mini and whatever else they're going to try to hustle me with up their arses. Next thing I buy is the Galaxy Note.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: onlooker

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    it won't come anywhere close to that
    Please...just one time. How about $670?

China and India are huge markets that will buy their sh*t.

paranoyd androyd

there's been demand in china, but apple's supply chain has been a disaster for 6+ months that they've been unable to take advantage of it. thus the chinese continue to settle for much lower priced, more powerful droid devices.

one of the biggest mistakes apple has made is investing so much in the european markets which are in complete shambles.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post

I've been an Apple diehard for 15+ years now and even I'm sick of their crap now. Things crash, battery life still sucks, they're behind other companies yet I'm supposed to overpay for something because it has a chewed fruit on the back. And most people (including myself these days) don't even use Macs for anything different than they would a PC yet they pay a fortune for the privilege. They can shove their iPhone5, the iPad mini and whatever else they're going to try to hustle me with up their arses. Next thing I buy is the Galaxy Note.

NYSportsGuy210

there's been demand in china, but apple's supply chain has been a disaster for 6+ months that they've been unable to take advantage of it. thus the chinese continue to settle for much lower priced, more powerful droid devices.

one of the biggest mistakes apple has made is investing so much in the european markets which are in complete shambles.

Fcuking Tim Cook. He can't even get the damn China Mobile deal done. That's 750 million more iPhones he can sell right there.

SBR_John
    Wisky

The two companies are now very even in their valuation. Both are trading at 3.2 times sales. Goog has about 16 billion more in cash. Aapl is looking for 17% growth next year vs 12% for goog. Both should be in a dreamers portfolio.

Dreamers portfolio;
    GOOG
    AAPL
    MA

NYSportsGuy210

Google is way more overvalued than Apple. Google is trading at a P/E of like 36.....Apple Inc is trading at a P/E of 11.

Apple PEG is around .88 which makes it absurdily good value.

paranoyd androyd

guys, apple is having MAJOR supply chain problems right now. their lawsuit against samsung has really fukked up that relationship good. samsung was the only quality supplier apple had for their retina displays. now LG is the main supplier of retina displays for apple and to put it kindly, LG is a disaster. they not only have terrible yields, but their quality is utter shit!

apple quietly recently dumped $2B cash into the Sharp plant in an effort to stabilize things, but that isn't necessarily a good thing. sharp is another supplier of displays for apple. apple has classified/buried that 'investment' under CapEx but Sharp is in major financial distress and if apple isn't careful, they may end having to take on that plant by themselves which would be a complete mess.

apple's MO is not to become more vertically integrated, rather continue down the road of supplier agreements. but when apple's corporate greed gets in the way and they become more about lawsuits than making proven quality innovative products, they not only lose their suppliers but their customers.

NYSportsGuy210

Even if Apple spends $2 billion in CapEx for the LG plant that will seriously hurt their Free Cash Flow and thus their DCF and intrinsic value going forward. They are gonna have to sell a sh*t load more products just to get back to the $670 price mark.

However, their PEG is absurdly low as well as the P/E of less than 11 with a monster Q1 earnings report could put them back in the $700 range by the first week of February. It also helps they bought back more shares of stock considering they have no debt whatsoever and healthiest balance sheet of any company on the planet.

paranoyd androyd

The $2B CapEx was in the Sharp plant, not LG. Sharp has produced better quality displays than LG (but not nearly in high enough volume), so Apple needs them badly now. AUO will be supplying retina displays now too, they're already working on a retina for the ipad mini 2.

NYSportsGuy210

The $2B CapEx was in the Sharp plant, not LG. Sharp has produced better quality displays than LG (but not nearly in high enough volume), so Apple needs them badly now. AUO will be supplying retina displays now too, they're already working on a retina for the ipad mini 2.
    Yea that's what I meant.....Sharp. They still need to come up with something unique and new or they'll end up like Crocs. I am hoping there is just one more big trick up their sleeve before a consolidation to $450.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

what wound up happening?

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    what wound up happening?
    sbr john stole our funds with a easy winner..

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    sbr john stole our funds with a easy winner..
    He earned your funds....earned.

First 123