secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

Is this a dumb bet(s) for Belmont? (all but top 3 for 100 pts and money)

BELMONT not Preakness. LOL (whoops)

I am very close to betting this.. so let me know where I am making a mistake or if this is not a good idea.

odds are slightly diff on 5dimes.. some higher, some lower slightly.

WagerType: Date: Team: BuyPoints / Pitcher:
    STRAIGHT BET Jun 09 TNT ODDS TO WIN THE BELMONT STAKES
    [4] PAYNTER +850
    [5] STREET LIFE +1200
    [6] OPTIMIZER +2200
    [7] UNSTOPPABLE U +3000
    [8] MY ADONIS +3000
    [9] ATIGUN +3500
    [10] FIVE SIXTEEN +5000
    [11] RAVELOS BOY +5000
    [12] GUYANA STAR DWEEJ +6000

Bet every one of these for the max (100 pts risk) and bet everyone of these for $10 on 5 dimes.

some of these would be to win 5-6k pts off 100 pts and 500-600$ off the 10$ bet

If the big dogs win I win a very nice amount.. and if the lowest one I bet I win 50 pts and bout 5$. heh.. but its my break even horse i guess.

anyway is this a dumb bet.. is there a different bet I am not seeing that would be smarter?

i would imagine this is very good odds of 9 if the 12 horses I have on my side

-stash

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

There has been some nice longshots winning the Belmont last decade or so, but not sure about this year as some of these horses look real slow on paper. I am taking a shot against IHA, and leaning toward Dullahan and probably one longshot. Someone posted today that favs have done well historically in the Belmont, but not recently. GL.

secretstash

i still think this is a good idea.. heh

-stash

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

What about the field to win -155 at 5 dimes. By field I mean anyone except I"ll have another.

I'm guessing the true odds of this horse winning are somewhere close to +500. Since 1978 11 straight horses have failed to complete the triple crown. It used to be a lot more common, but today the competition is much tighter. It's rare to find a horse that can win 3 straight races in different conditions on different tracks against fresh horses.

Only one other horse in this race has ran all 3 races. I'll have another has to be a little less fresh than other horses.. so he's on a longer track up against fresh horses. I'll take -155 on the chance he has a bad trip, is flat out tired, or another horse runs the race of his life. Probably the best value bet I've seen in awhile.
    Last edited by PharaohUB; 06-08-12 at 10:01 AM.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Another thing to consider is it looks like it may rain a little and could be stormy in the area. Who knows how he will handle the weather. I used to go up to saratoga racetrack when I lived up there whenever it rained and blindly bet the shit out of the longshots and always went home a winner.

secretstash

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    What about the field to win -155 at 5 dimes. By field I mean anyone except I"ll have another.

I'm guessing the true odds of this horse winning are somewhere close to +500. Since 1978 11 straight horses have failed to complete the triple crown. It used to be a lot more common, but today the competition is much tighter. It's rare to find a horse that can win 3 straight races in different conditions on different tracks against fresh horses.

Only one other horse in this race has ran all 3 races. I'll have another has to be a little less fresh than other horses.. so he's on a longer track up against fresh horses. I'll take -155 on the chance he has a bad trip, is flat out tired, or another horse runs the race of his life. Probably the best value bet I've seen in awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    Another thing to consider is it looks like it may rain a little and could be stormy in the area. Who knows how he will handle the weather. I used to go up to saratoga racetrack when I lived up there whenever it rained and blindly bet the shit out of the longshots and always went home a winner.
    i like ur input on this ty.

actually it strengthens my opinion on why any horse can and will win today

as long as the top 3 dont win I should win a boatload

-stash

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

It depends on the fractions that are run, but it my eyes this is a three horse race. I like i'll have another and dullihan as my two favorites and the horse that really intriques me is street life. He is a deep closer and will be flying at that the end. This track might just be long enough for him to get them. If i was you i would bet your top 3 on your list here and forget the rest.. But thats just my opinion.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

you better jump on these quick now with i'll have another out

secretstash

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    you better jump on these quick now with i'll have another out
    I bet them a little bit ago.

thx man and gl to u with ur other horses.... its sad I'll have is out.. but now the field is wide open

-stash

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Sad story for racing that I'll Have Another got scratched. Not Barbaro sad but still not good for the sport. I had plans on getting cash on Dullahan Paynter, and Street Life and I'm sure my odds will suffer.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

whats sad is unless lebron james was riding IHA a triple crown wouldn't have meant shit anyways

on the bright side a crooked owner and scumbag trainer took it up the ass so all is not lost