fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Monday's $1 Parlay

I'm getting closer each time I do this. This time, however, im want to get input from the SBR community before I place it to make sure I have a winner.

Here's what I want to do.

6 teamer
    $1 to make 48.50

Phillies ML
    BoSox ML
    O's ML
    Dodgers ML
    Yankees ML
    Dbacks ML

What do you guys think?

Give It Away
    Give It Away's Avatar Become A Pro!

don't you have more to do with your time than make $1 bets???

fifawcs

No. Baseball capping is a hobby for me, not a source of income.

Give It Away

but you have like over 2000 posts in a little over a year AND time to disrespect people like myself who enjoy making bets as a source of income and do well at it...

ass...

fifawcs

I do not disrespect people who make bets as a source of income. I only "disrespected" you because I didn't believe you. If you posted your tickets/track record instead of saying you laid $2000 on this dog, then I wouldn't give you shit. I have come to learn that people don't always do what they say they will do.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

giveitaway,
    when did he disrepsect you ever? look at it from another point of view, you say oyu are betting 1k-10k per game
    how does he know if its true or not
    thats a lot of cash

Give It Away

1. I don't even know how to post a ticket. If it's like a photobucket thing then I don't have an account with them nor give a shit.

2. I do not give a **** if people believe me or not, if my record sucked here then I'd stop posting. BUT I'm all full of the awesomeness so **** off, take a look though my posts, I'm pretty sure I'm up like $40,000. If I'm fake then I'll fall soon and stop posting and then you'll be able to sleep at night.

3. **** off you ****ing ass.

ryanXL977

copy and paste i guess
    no need to get mad at people
    i was the one who told you to take home dogs, not anyone else, me

JRS21386
    The Oracle
    JRS21386's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by fifawcs View Post
    I do not disrespect people who make bets as a source of income. I only "disrespected" you because I didn't believe you. If you posted your tickets/track record instead of saying you laid $2000 on this dog, then I wouldn't give you shit. I have come to learn that people don't always do what they say they will do.
    I love betting like this... I see it as basically the same as buying a lottery ticket, except your chances are alot better... I mean if you can make a harmless 1 dollar bet and end up scoring 50 bucks on it then good for you... True story... I made a 1 dollar bet on a 12 team parlay in CFB, missed it by 1 game... 1 dollar would have returned 6,600 and some odd dollars... i got obliterated in that last game though... its worth a shot!! right?!

fifawcs

Yeah. It's much better odds than the lottery and it is loads more fun. I have yet to cash a big one yet.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Yeah. It's much better odds than the lottery and it is loads more fun. I have yet to cash a big one yet.
    What i usually do is spend about 5 bucks a day... and create 5 different parlays with diff outcomes with those teams...

fifawcs

that's not a bad idea. Except when you are dealing with 6 outcomes, you are dealing with 2^6 or 64 possible outcomes if my math is correct. So it is pretty hard to cover your ass with5 outcomes. I guess the best way to do it is to order which parts of your parlay you are most confident in and which you aren't. If there are a few picks that you are unsure of, then alternate.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

that's not a bad idea. Except when you are dealing with 6 outcomes, you are dealing with 2^6 or 64 possible outcomes if my math is correct. So it is pretty hard to cover your ass with5 outcomes. I guess the best way to do it is to order which parts of your parlay you are most confident in and which you aren't. If there are a few picks that you are unsure of, then alternate.
    Thats exactly what i do... I'll ride heavily on a specific team or two, and change up the outcome on a few that i believe are toss ups... or you could do parlays with completely diferent teams... thats not hard to do either.. none of the less, its fun!!

fifawcs

In my parlay, here are the ones I feel least comfortable about:

Baltimore
    Yankees

ryanXL977

agreed
    i like the other side of those a lot
    i like cleve a lot
    i would not touch laa nyy bc thjose pitchers suck

i really like cleve

fifawcs

Pavano is definitely better than Garland. Besides, the Angels are without Kendrick. That's why I like them. But I will definitely play both sides. And with the O's, you are getting a home dog versus a poor road team.

Do you see any other weaknesses with my Parlay Ryan?

ryanXL977

pavano is definitely better than garland? how do you figure that? angels are so much better than nyy it aint funny.

i would not put balti in there, cleve is good.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Pavano is definitely better than Garland. Besides, the Angels are without Kendrick. That's why I like them. But I will definitely play both sides. And with the O's, you are getting a home dog versus a poor road team.

Do you see any other weaknesses with my Parlay Ryan?
    I like the parlay

ryanXL977

i mean, go for it, its a dollar
    why the hell not
    but i like cleve tmrw over a bad and mailed in balti team
    cleve is still fighting for pride

JRS21386
    The Oracle

How much does this dollar return Fifa?

fifawcs

This one is $48.50. But I will definitely do what you said about covering my bases by taking opposing sides on the LAA and O's games.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Nice... well its all a matter of opinion and waht u feel comfortable with... i like doing that cause it gives me more to pay attention too and when i have like 5 parlays i really feel involed and like i have a chance .. I love it though. Wait til hockey season is here.. Hockey is fun to bet on

fifawcs

Yeah. That's what I hear. I'm definitely gonna try it this season. i will probably start out by tailing a guy like LT since he generally knows what he is doing for that sort of thing. Maybe once i feel like I know enough, then I will start making my own decisions.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd choose CLE/BAL Over 10.5 rather than O's ML.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Yeah. That's what I hear. I'm definitely gonna try it this season. i will probably start out by tailing a guy like LT since he generally knows what he is doing for that sort of thing. Maybe once i feel like I know enough, then I will start making my own decisions.
    Hockey is by far the best sport on riding underdogs, just remember that... it's extremely easy to pick ML dogs and hit a good bit...

Wilforth
    Update your status

I'd also add Dbacks/Giants Over 7.5 (+105)

fifawcs

Quote Originally Posted by JRS21386 View Post
    Hockey is by far the best sport on riding underdogs, just remember that... it's extremely easy to pick ML dogs and hit a good bit...
    I feel like Baseball is probably one of the harder sports to cap. But I could be wrong.

And wilforth, I'm not sure that game would go over since both pitchers can be good.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

I feel like Baseball is probably one of the harder sports to cap. But I could be wrong.

And wilforth, I'm not sure that game would go over since both pitchers can be good.
    No, your absolutely right, baseball is really tough... i don't fool too much with baseball... football and hockey are my strong points, a little basketball too

fifawcs

I don't know too much about football. But I think a lot of money will be made by fading the Bengals this season. I think they just have so many distractions and with Rudi Johnson being gone, i think they will be the '07 Dolphins of this year.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

I don't know too much about football. But I think a lot of money will be made by fading the Bengals this season. I think they just have so many distractions and with Rudi Johnson being gone, i think they will be the '07 Dolphins of this year.
    Yeah... Not a bad choice... The Bengals are the biggest disappointment in all of football and have been the past few years... They just need to break that team down from top to bottom.. Looks like the Browns were overhyped as well, or the Cowboys are just THAT good...

fifawcs

It was only the first game. But I think the Bengals trend will continue for sure. So many of their players have had run-ins with the Cincinnati police.

Wilforth
    Update your status

I see your point. One the surface, Under is a good lean for Giants game but if Lincecum doesn't pitch a CG, the Giants bullpen will take the game Over in one inning!
    One other thing is that games involving 2 good pitchers have a curious way of going Over especially when the total is set at 7. Peavy/Sheets often goes Under in that situation but in many other cases, such games easily go Over. I played Phillies/Mets Under 7 (+100) because of Hamels/Santana and 4 runs in 1st signaled my bet was doomed. Also note that Lincecum allowed 5 runs on 5 hits in 5 innings his last game while Petit allowed 5 runs on 4 hits in 4 2/3 innings in his last game. The pens may also contribute a good deal to taking the game Over. The Over will also be a good play from a contrarian perspective as 99% of action is on the game to go Under.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

It was only the first game. But I think the Bengals trend will continue for sure. So many of their players have had run-ins with the Cincinnati police.
    This is a true statement...

fifawcs

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    I see your point. One the surface, Under is a good lean for Giants game but if Lincecum doesn't pitch a CG, the Giants bullpen will take the game Over in one inning!
    One other thing is that games involving 2 good pitchers have a curious way of going Over especially when the total is set at 7. Peavy/Sheets often goes Under in that situation but in many other cases, such games easily go Over. I played Phillies/Mets Under 7 (+100) because of Hamels/Santana and 4 runs in 1st signaled my bet was doomed. Also note that Lincecum allowed 5 runs on 5 hits in 5 innings his last game while Petit allowed 5 runs on 4 hits in 4 2/3 innings in his last game. The pens may also contribute a good deal to taking the game Over. The Over will also be a good play from a contrarian perspective as 99% of action is on the game to go Under.
    Takign the Over with such a low total is usually not a bad bet. Just bear in mind that it is a low total for a reason.

Wilforth
    Update your status

I agree with that 200%.

12 Last