Betpoints: 1260

Andy Pettitte traded for Tim Worrell

in the SBR Fantasy League, lol.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I didn't know Isaiah Thomas had a team.

presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

even though I'm involved in the trade I think Pettite probably *is* a little much...but who knows with Tim Worrell. He's been getting saves left and right and if he actually goes the whole year..he could get 30+. I don't see how they would push him out of the job right now even if Benitez comes back.

hard to compare because it's almost impossible to say who you can compare Worrell to. he's been about the best closer in the NL thus far..but a few weeks into the season. not sure how much that should factor into it

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Traded? Trade is proposed but have gotten no response.

Alamorich

Ah...just checked my email. Fans are over whelming the phone system with complaint calls!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

who traded pettitte ?

Alamorich

The trade has not been completed. The Jackass organization cannot comment while the trade is being reviewed by the league.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

why would somebody trade pettitte for worrel is beyond me.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    who traded pettitte ?
    Alamo traded Pettitte to Presley for Worrell. 2nd trade by them, last week Alamo traded Carlos Zambrano for Bob Wickman.

Not many trades in this league though.

Alamorich

I am putting Babe Ruth on the trading block. Looking for a long relief pitcher.

Alamorich

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    Alamo traded Pettitte to Presley for Worrell. 2nd trade by them, last week Alamo traded Carlos Zambrano for Bob Wickman.

Not many trades in this league though.
    I'd love to dump Jeter on you but I can't find a Wickman or Worrell type guy on your team....

Alamorich

On behalf of The Jackass organization I want to welcome Tim Worrell to the club and wish Andy all the best. Hopefully he won't be such a dissappointment to the Killahas as he has been to the Astros the past 3 years.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Thanks to Worrell for not blowing that save yesterday.

Alamorich

Worrell is alway scary to watch but he gets the job done somehow. Didn't see the last two innings...glad I didn't. The way it ended I would have gotten so jacked up I would have stayed awake all night.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Four reject votes so far; one more and it's off the board.

Alamorich

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee
    Four reject votes so far; one more and it's off the board.
    The other team has no starting pitching to speak of (one) and I have no closers. The trade is good for both teams and makes us both more competative. Are the other owners trying to protect me from myself?

I'm in last place and the other team is not exactly a power house. Would the trade work if I sent him Petite and he gave me Worrell and another player? This is a forum so let's hear your reasoning. I promise to accept your feedback without argument.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe because in Pettitte, you have a reliable starter who will get you the stats to perform in this league and Worrell has been pitching out of his mind and it won't continue and when he hits a bad streak, Alou will switch back to fat Armando. Might not be the right move, but money talks and the Giants didn't shell out all that money to Benitez to pitch the 7th and 8th innings.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Being in last place in the 3rd week of the season is meaningless.

You're trading away a reliable, time-tested starter who helps in four stat categories and receiving in return a closer who is useful in but one column and might not even be useful there over the long haul.

As for Presley not having any starters, it was his perogative to suck up all the closers he could get his hands on. It's not now our responsibility to deal him starters because he has a monopoly on closers if the trades are this lop-sided. If he wants to win saves every week, let him. It's one category.

Alamorich

I gotta admit that I just ****** up in the draft. I drafted second to last so I was scrambling to grab players and next thing I knew all the closers were gone. As it all turns out a couple of guys made closers a priority. I understand cornering the market on closers but I would think you would want to deal away a few of them to strenghten your team where needed. I certainly appreciate Pettite being a bigger asset than a guy like Worrell but I am in a postition where I have to role the dice and hope that I have a young stud in my line-up. Maroth has pitched two great games and J. Johnson has pitched well in his two starts and soon I will have Sabathia back... maybe next week. Just want you guys to see that there is a method to my madness. Thanks for the feedback.

maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

unfair trade in my opinion

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

It's real nice that Jackass gave away Bonderman and Floyd for nothing also. This guy is ruining the league.

Alamorich

Quote Originally Posted by RickySteve
    It's real nice that Jackass gave away Bonderman and Floyd for nothing also. This guy is ruining the league.
    I didn't give away Floyd or Bonderman. I cut their asses.

Alamorich

Quote Originally Posted by maritime
    unfair trade in my opinion
    If I got Worrell and another quality player off his roster would that even things out?

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Quote Originally Posted by Alamorich
    I didn't give away Floyd or Bonderman. I cut their asses.
    I stand corrected. HAHAHAHAHAHA