Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

ICE HOUSE MLB Thread (Tail at your own risk)

Thursday March 31st

Cardinals vs Padres 4:10pm ESPN

(Carpenter) vs (Latos)

Going with the Redbirds- 3 units

Friday April 1st

2 Team ML Parlay

Phillies vs Astros 1pm

(Halladay) vs (Rodriguez)

Rockies vs D-Backs

(Jimenez) vs (Saunders)

Phillies and Rockies Parlay- 6 units

Ofcourse if any key players get injured in spring training in the meantime I may change my mind but I like these ML picks. I think ML is the way to go in baseball unless your picking the team getting the + 1.5 runs...

Thoughts and suggestions welcome. Will probably also add the following single game plays for .5 units each.

White sox ML@ Indians .5 units
    Blue Jays MLvs Twins .5 units
    Marlins ML vs Mets .5units
    Rays MLvs Orioles .5 units

Went 5-0 last year on Opening Day and I look to keep this thread going all season.

tripleblack1705
    tripleblack1705's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 938

looks good fella, best of luck!

befus
    befus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4384

GL. I may decide to post my picks later. Still trying to get over the mental block of being uncomfortable of anyone losing money tailing my plays.

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Of course you are on the rays.

Ice House

haha I'm not even a Rays fan. I just wanted to hear what people thought about that futures play. I don't have the patience for a futures play in MLB the season is soo long. I would have to put down a whole lot of money to want to do a futures play.

I don't have a favorite baseball team. I feel like in order to be good at picking winners you can't have favorites.

I think David Price is a good pitcher and the Rays play well at home. I like the Jays at home vs Twins in the opener since Romero is a lefty and the best 2 Twins hitters morneau and Mauer are lefties and the Jays hit like crazy at home.

The thing I've noticed is that these ace pitchers really start off the season hot but after a few months the hitters make adjustments and sometimes pitchers arms will tire down a little bit.

Jimenez and Halladay I feel really confident in to parlay it b/c they will probably be around -250 or more ML anyway.

I bet a lot of people will be betting on the Giants opening night vs Dodgers but Kershaw is a good pitcher and that game could go either way.

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Kershaw is tough man. Easy dude to lose money on, especially on a dodgers team.

Ice House

Opening day is just around the corner

IAMWINNER
    IAMWINNER's Avatar Become A Pro!

How many units have you won in bases in one season

Ice House

this will be my first year keeping track. Last year I probably broke even....then the World Cup came along I made big on that and took a break until Football season.

This year I have good feeling I will do good with baseball. Opening week is a money maker. The dogs days of summer can be tough..... but the main thing is just like any other sport be disciplined and don't force bets.

Opening week I like a lot of the aces to do what they do best.