PensMike68
    its not easy being me
    PensMike68's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why the jays r gonna surprise millions

HEY,

most peopel reading this are going to have two thoughts going through their brains.1) the jays are the worst team in the al east and 2) they are who we thought they were ala dennis green. who i love by the way lol. but im here to tell you why the jays are a good enough team to make some serious ink on newspapers if peopel even still read them. YES i am a homer obviously ive been a jays fan since 97 and never have looked back.

JAYS MOVES AND GROOVES :

last year we lost the best pitcher in baseball without a doubt and everyone picked us to finish dead last in the division even below the lowely orioles lol. but i knew better with marcumm coming back from injury and frasor and downs shutting the door in late innings i knew we would be respectable. AA has been a huge improvement as a GM then JP and he obviously knows how to run a baseball team, hes got my vote already for Gm of the year. his moves have been impressive brining in youth along with some key vets we need to help mold our clubhouse. and getting rid of wells and rios was a huge boost to our bankroll. i hope buatista stays in rf because with his lazer for an arm he is mighty deadly putting him at third even though hes been there before in pittsburgh would be detrimental i think. while i dont see jose hitting out 50 bombs again this year its not obsurd to think he cant hit 30-35 and put up 96 rbis. his entire batting stance was changed before last season which is why his number skyrocketed.

JAYS STAFF:

the new manager john farell is exactly what we need, a vetern coach to help guide our young staff in the right direction look at what hes done to bostons pitching of recent years. he knows pitching and letting go tallet who i think is very slummpy was a good move and bringing in fransisco whos a lights out strike out pitcher is just the move we needed in the pen. i think jon rauch is also a nice fix in the pen as he did fairly well in minnesota last year. although in my mind i wouldve rather kept downs then frasor frasor is good but downs has shown to be the most consistant one of the guys we had. adding don wakamatsu should also help us.

WHERE THE JAYS WILL FINISH THIS YAEAR AND FUTURE YEARS:

In my opinion i dont find it inconceivable for the jays to finish at worst 3rd this year. their offseason has quietly become one of the best in the league in my mind getting rid of old players and bringing in youth and agilic guys. the yankees have had a horrible offseason and while the orioles have showed life late last year and they upgraded a few players we completely dominated them last year and dont see why it cant happen again. the rays have lost too many key people to even consider contending and the sox are above the rest thus far. so i see it being boston finishing first and jays and yankees fighting it out for who gets 2nd and third. in the future this jays team will only improve and in five or so years i think they will me liek the jays of old, a contender for the series every single year. the number here is 87 i think 87 is well in reach of jays this year maybe even break 90 if pitchers stay healthy.

and thats y i think the jays will surprise millions of peopel this year i hope im right

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

blue jays ftw!!!!

superman613
    superman613's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking forward to this season....let's go jays!!

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

the jays r going to get raped this season

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Jays .... don't know about them letting go of Marcum and Wells though. I see them being able to compete when Romero and Morrow are on the hill but their rotation is not very deep. They will be good betting material though especially playing at home vs Yankees and Redsox where the Bluejays will probably be underdogs with a good chance to win.

Grosshhit
    Grosshhit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

down year for the yanks so i guess anything can happen in the al east

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter
    Squirrel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

Could win 85 games and still finish 4th

PensMike68
    its not easy being me

all i know is the line for wins on jays this year is 76.5 and im betting everything i got on it

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Same thing I hear every year..they will start fast and finish like shit as always

PensMike68
    its not easy being me

hate to tell u bud they finished 10 games above 500 last year without doc this year we will win atleast 87 games put it in the bank

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

This is definately possible. People are giving the O's offseason too much credit and neglecting what the Jays have done this offseason. Getting rid of Marcum and Wells was great for the team. Wells freed up a ton of money and Marcum...he can still go both ways plus he has already had injury issues and is not worth holding onto long term. There is also a rumour that Marcum did not mesh well with the rest of the pitching staff. The jays do not need that headache.

You cannot leave out the Jays prospects coming up this year such as Brett Lawrie and Drabek. With all the young talet here, the Jays are the new Rays.

PensMike68
    its not easy being me

Quote Originally Posted by OMGRandyJackson View Post
    This is definately possible. People are giving the O's offseason too much credit and neglecting what the Jays have done this offseason. Getting rid of Marcum and Wells was great for the team. Wells freed up a ton of money and Marcum...he can still go both ways plus he has already had injury issues and is not worth holding onto long term. There is also a rumour that Marcum did not mesh well with the rest of the pitching staff. The jays do not need that headache.

You cannot leave out the Jays prospects coming up this year such as Brett Lawrie and Drabek. With all the young talet here, the Jays are the new Rays.
    the jays are built for the future AA is an amazing gm so much better them ricccardiwith our youth and nice vets this team will start to be relavent every year starting very soon. by next season well be in the playoffs

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Quote Originally Posted by PensMike68 View Post
    the jays are built for the future AA is an amazing gm so much better them ricccardiwith our youth and nice vets this team will start to be relavent every year starting very soon. by next season well be in the playoffs
    Its tough to argue against that and anyone who does refuses to even think lol. Lets hope Coach can coach and not mess stuff up lol. But he's got great experience working as a pitching coach and with the young rotation he looks like a great fit. AA is definately looking to be a great GM and with Rogers willing to dump some money into the team, its tough to count the Jays out.

PensMike68
    its not easy being me

people who are red sox and yankees fans wont see it coming, every year they count us out but for us to lose the best pitcher in all of baseball and have the kinda year we had last year was a prime example of what to exspect from the new blue jays

mebaran
    Con los terroristas
    mebaran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

I'd agree...I think specifically, Bautista will surprise people this year. I would not be surprised AT ALL if he hits over 45 homeruns again this year.

Another team I'm huge on this year is the Athletics...their pitching staff may be the best in the league when you take into account they don't have a weak pitcher on their team.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

As a Jays fan living about 2.5 hours from Toronto, the Jays will win about 70-75 games this year. This person is being really optimistic about things.

PensMike68
    its not easy being me

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    As a Jays fan living about 2.5 hours from Toronto, the Jays will win about 70-75 games this year. This person is being really optimistic about things.
    they won 85 games last year without doc why shud it be any different this year romero is a true ace and morrow has strikeout stuff our bullpen will be among best in mlb trust me 76.5 is a cakewalk well reach 87-90 this year

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Back end of the rotation with R-Zep and Drabek is weak and soft.
    (and I think those kids will be OK in 2-3 years)
    Come to think about it front end of the rotation is soft with Romero and Morrow.

Toronto's bats can't match up with NYY or Boston either.

Blue Jays 85 wins max, that's being nice.

alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8012

Jays will at best finish 3rd and not at worst. I agree this team has future but you have to wait about 2 years.

Be Rad
    Be Rad's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know you guys are Jays fans but, I think they have a better chance at losing 87 than winning that many. I always hope someone can rise up and beat out the Yanks and Sox in that division, but I don't see it. I was happy for you guys when you unloaded Wells' contract, but then you sent the brinks truck to a 31 yr old journeyman off of the best season of his life, that makes me nervous. Drabek should be fun to watch. Young pitching, Lind and Hill off of having bad years, is Rivera really going to play rightfield? that could be dangerous, and can Bautista really duplicat 54? I love the Rajai Davis signing and your pitching staffs potential. Your catchers name escapes me but I know there is a lot of buzz about for him. I would think '12 would have better chances of 87 wins than '11. I don't mean to rain on the parade, I just love talking baseball. My Indians won't win that many either so I feel you pain and share your optimism for our teams. I think the Sox and Rays will finins 1 and 2 in the east, Rays getting the wild card

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by PensMike68 View Post
    romero is a true ace
    No, Sabathia is a true ace, Doc is a true ace, Lincecum is a true ace, Carp is a true ace, even King Felix is a true ace, Romero is a solid three man, pretty good 2 man, Jays ain't winning no East with Romero on top.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I agree PensMike....the Jays had a very productive offseason. Very excited about the bullpen additions in Rauch and Dotel to go along with an already formible pen. Im happy with Rivera and Rajai being added to the lineup.

I think its not out of the question to win 85 games again this year.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I don't know a single thing about baseball but live in Vaughan, Ontario so....GO JAYS

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

LMAO at this thread, I live in Ontario and this team will not content for the top 2 spots in this division. They do not have enough to contend with the Yanks or Soxs.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Im guessing your Italian D3! haha

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

They might have a good start but they'll become fade material pretty fast

officepoolguy
    officepoolguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Worth a bet

PensMike68
    its not easy being me

i love sbr bc no matter how old a post gets its saved and when the season is over im gonna laugh at ever one of you

stevenash

Jays play the Sox, Yanks, and Rays 19x each.

They'll go 15-23 against Bos and NYY
    They'll go maybe 11-8 against TB. Maybe

They'll have to go 51 - 53 or better against the rest of the league, plus Philly in I/L for 76.5

Probably win 79 this year.

PensMike68
    its not easy being me

stevenash i hate to tell you but the jays have always had a WINNING RECORD v the division look it up last year we almost swept the entire baltimore series won 11 in a row they won the last 2 i believe and the yankees we had a winning record against and red sox we were competitive

stevenash

^
    I know the past.
    Red Sox are better this year.
    Listen, not dissing the Jays, they'll cover that over bet for you, 81-81 give or take is what your'll wind up.

I respect your loyalty, I do, you got speed up top, but doesn't get on base much.
    Bautista, like you said will cool off this year, Hill also.

If your two starters at the top manage to get their ratios down from around 1.40 to 1.25, yeah, you might be sniffing second place, but the rotation is iffy.
    Morrow is Ok, not a stud.

BoL

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

the jays will be pretty good. as will the orioles. and the rest of the al east. thats why its hard to get too high on them tho...

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

just dont think they have the depth .. plus they could go above .500 and still be in 4th as someone else put

tripleblack1705
    tripleblack1705's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 938

BJ's should be good, but they're kinda screwed in that divison.

Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

blue jays have a chance but dont see them doing great this year

12 Last