bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dusty Baker returning to Giants?

It's an odd rumor, I'll give you that, but the Chicago Sun Times is reporting that if the Cubs don't give manager Dusty Baker a contract extension, than his former employers, the San Francisco Giants, are one of the teams interested in his services for next year.

Writes columnist Ron Rapoport: "...there's speculation he might return to the Giants. The San Francisco Chronicle notes that Felipe Alou is 70, the average age of the Giants' Opening Day roster was over 34 and the team is due for significant changes soon. So why not bring back Baker, who was successful and popular during his 10 years as the Giants' manager -- and who still considers the Bay Area home -- to start all over again?"

True, Alou is getting up there in years and probably won't be able to manage much longer. But why do back to Baker instead of injecting some new blood into the franchise? This wouldn't make sense in my eyes.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

You trying to give me a heart attack BBD?

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    Writes columnist Ron Rapoport: "...there's speculation he might return to the Giants."
    When I left my house this morning about 3:45, there was speculation that my wife might be in the mood for a little bedroom waltz this evening when I finally get home. But alas, that is likely just speculation from an aging sportswriter wannabe

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee
    When I left my house this morning about 3:45, there was speculation that my wife might be in the mood for a little bedroom waltz this evening when I finally get home. But alas, that is likely just speculation from an aging sportswriter wannabe

I'm sure those speculations will come true sometime this year.