albo gator
    albo gator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Who is the best betting exchange for baseball now?

While it certainly sucks especially for players with money on MB, what does MB pulling out of the US market mean for the future of exchange sites to USA players? As I understand it Betmaker is available for US players. But it sounds like they are fairly new (even though they are associate with good names like Bookmaker and Diamond) and with this newness comes a lack of liquidity. However, if the majority of MB players moved over to Betmaker might this make them decent?

Is there some way for USA players to use Betfair? I know people have mentioned vpn (or proxy servers or something like that for Pinnacle). Is BetFair so clearly superior to Betmaker that this option needs to be explored for serious players?

Basically I am most interested in MLB and an exchange for that. I am sure there are lots of people in this same boat as this was the main market served by MB and now that is gone.

Thoughts?

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

don't waste your time with betfair and american sports.

liquidity is pretty damn low and i usually get a better price at pinny anyway.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Dont understand how you could use a VPN for Pinnacle since you would need to start account with your American address unless you had money shipped out of country.

albo gator
    albo gator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Right you would have to open a foreign bank account (not hard if you can physically go to that country). I spoke with Pinnacle and they said if you can show some way (such as a VC or some other reason) that you will be staying there for an extended period of time you can open an account and use it while you are there. For me, it involved buying an one way airline ticket to an Asian country. Surprisingly, if you have a friend there all you have to do is say you are staying with them for an extended period and then you can get a driver's license. Once you have that license you can use that to open an account at Pinnacle.