fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sunday Value Plays

I went 1-1 +0.26 units yesterday.

Astros +210
    Pros: The Astros have done well this season versus the Mets. Their starter, Randy Wolf, has been very successful in his career versus them. He is opposing Oliver Perez, who has struggled earlier this month against them. He gave up 4 earned runs over 6 innings. The Astros seem to have lefty's numbers this year. At this big of a dog, you can't afford not to take the Stros.

Cons: Perez has been great since the All Star Break.

Pirates +270
    Pros: CC Sabathia is a very good pitcher, but there is no way he can win every game. He gets a considerable amount of chalk each time he pitches at home for the Brew Crew. +270 is a lot of chalk when the opposing pitcher has been very impressive. Maholm has been great this month as well as the entire season. He also has good numbers versus the Brew this year. You are laying +270 on a 3.64 ERA and 1.23 WHIP. I think that is pretty much the definition of value.

Cons: CC is undefeated in Milwaukee.

Kingctb27
    Kingctb27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't waste your unit going against the big guy. I like the Astros quite a bit though. I am waiting to see if I can get a better price.

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm probably gonna get the line at +300. You might as well take him since Maholm has played well against the Brew. His chances of winning this are as good as any. This seems like a good play, much better than the Nationals versus the Cubs.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice call on the stros, i debated that one and pussed out in favor of minne, but a very nice call amigo

well done today!

ryanXL977

crap i thoguth the score went final
    i am not trying a jinx here
    go stros

ryanXL977

ok
    no jinx

ertl09
    ertl09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

nice call, on them as well, now lets hope the pirates can pull threw for us

BadBeatBodog
    BadBeatBodog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    ok
    no jinx
    Enough with the jinx stuff. There is nothing logical about it. Sometimes jinxes 'happen,' sometimes they don't, but does that mean a jinx is real? Of course not.

If I'm at a baseball game and sneeze and accidentally punch the guy in front of me in the process, and the player at bat subsequently blasts a home run, do I sneeze and punch the guy ahead of me every time I want the player up to go deep?

ryanXL977

if you call a agame over, it will come back and bite you
    happens all the time
    everyone here knows about the sbr jinx
    ignore it at your peril

BadBeatBodog

if you call a agame over, it will come back and bite you
    happens all the time
    everyone here knows about the sbr jinx
    ignore it at your peril
    If you can come close to giving me a reasonable explanation I might believe you. But I know you can't. There is absolutely NOTHING logical about an 'sbr jinx.'

If I went into every person's thread and called it over if they were winning, some would still win and some would lose. But the outcome would have nothing to do with me calling the game over. How could it? I'm guessing you are a religious person.

ryanXL977

i dont care if you believe or not, its nothing something to debate
    believe what you will
    jinxes are real

and im not religious, but good try. i cant think of anything dumber than religion, but you should work on less stereotypes, they wont get you anywhere

BadBeatBodog

Stereotype? It seemed reasonable to me that if you believe in something as irrational as a jinx, you might be religious. I don't see where stereotyping fits into that. I didn't know a stereotype existed about people who believe in jinxes being religious. It's merely a similar type of thinking, which makes you calling religion dumb a little funny.

And you are right about nothing to debate, because you have nothing to back up your argument. I'm sorry but people calling games over and their team losing is not proof. How many times have people called the game over and the team still wins? You conveniently block those times out.

ryanXL977

its not an argument, though you like to argue everything
    believe or dont believe, it does nt matter to me

i said religion is dumb, not religious people

BadBeatBodog

its not an argument, though you like to argue everything
    believe or dont believe, it does nt matter to me

i said religion is dumb, not religious people
    You are right, I do love to argue and debate. Isn't that what these boards are partly here for? Argument has a negative connotation to some but I am in it for academic argumentation.

Ryan, belief in jinxes is similar to religious beliefs.

And you are failing to address my example of me sneezing at a ball game. Just because two events happen at the same time or consecutively does NOT mean they are linked. I really can't fathom how you think typing words on a message board affects baseball games.

ryanXL977

Dude, you are condescending to someone you dont even know.
    I understand that events arent linked just bc they are consecutive
    i think jinxes happen, you dont
    case closed