Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Colorado/Reds Total Play

I challenge anyone to find any 2 pitchers running worse than Aaron Harang (22 ER last 11.3 IP) and Livan Hernandez (20 ER last 12.66 IP). Last 3 starts for both pitchers have gone over!
    I know the Reds can't swing the bats for shit but I think a Triple A team can hit Livan for 4-5 runs at this point! I know 11.5 is a high number but I still see plenty of runs in this one. 8-6 type of game imo!

johnnymapalo
    johnnymapalo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 928

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    I challenge anyone to find any 2 pitchers running worse than Aaron Harang (22 ER last 11.3 IP) and Livan Hernandez (20 ER last 12.66 IP). Last 3 starts for both pitchers have gone over!
    I know the Reds can't swing the bats for shit but I think a Triple A team can hit Livan for 4-5 runs at this point! I know 11.5 is a high number but I still see plenty of runs in this one. 8-6 type of game imo!
    You know, I think Livian may stifle the Reds. Just my hunch..

Mr Handicapable

I don't know man? The Reds are pathetic (I'm a Reds fan) but here's old Livan's last 2 starts:

6 ER in 6 IP vs the hard-hitting Nats &
    9 ER in 2.2 IP vs the slugging Pads

Mr Handicapable

Plus any success that Livan has ever had has been off the breaking ball which doesn't break much in Denver? Don't know what Harang's problem is but he's just heaving batting practice since he came back from injury?

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mr Handicapable,

This is the kind of game you shouldn't take the Over. The L3 ERA of these 2 pitchers easily makes the Over a textbook play, and that's the more reason you should avoid it. Games like this have a cynical way of going Under - either one or both pitchers unexpectedly cover themselves in glory or both sides don't hit or only one side does the scoring and doesn't score enough runs to take the game Over.
    My play here would be the Rockies. The Reds have nothing to offer nowadays.

Mr Handicapable

You may be right but 9 ER in 2 IP vs the sorry Pads for Livan and the batting practice I've seen Harang serve up lately may be too strong for me to pass up! Won't be a huge play for me either way?

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    You may be right but 9 ER in 2 IP vs the sorry Pads for Livan and the batting practice I've seen Harang serve up lately may be too strong for me to pass up! Won't be a huge play for me either way?
    When 2 bad guys take the mound, home advantage becomes an important factor, which is why Reds is the play here.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

im gonna lay off, but under is the only play here boys. its under or no play. dont touch that over!

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii04 View Post
    im gonna lay off, but under is the only play here boys. its under or no play. dont touch that over!
    whoa wtf the total is 11.5? i saw it at 9.5 this morning. i take back what i said. i dont no what to make of that line movement. prob a no play for me

Mr Handicapable

8-3 in the 8th....I like my chances for 1 more run but I've been taking bad beats all year w/the bases. Already hit TB/WS over though and Fla/Az under doesn't look bad so far either?

Mr Handicapable

Winner ...now watch my Reds blow all their 8-0 lead! Who cares....I'm 2 out of 2 tonite and have Fla/Ariz. Under 9 as my last leg for tonite!