Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Nice story but if youre a Cubs fan its usually reversed, 3 run lead in the 9th then blow it when some retard like Marmol takes the mound
    Marmol is about as good a closer as there is. Almost doesn't do anything but strike people out. If he's on, no one even makes contact

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Cougar, i've rarely had a more fun time than our game + the race track

Want to plan on that again some random Friday this summer?
    Yes, absolutely. It was a good time for sure. You gotta hit a few more pitches in the cage this time though.

Quote Originally Posted by geebert74 View Post
    I wish you didnt make this thread... I have been wishing for baseball season to come out and I funally got rid of that want. Now that is what I want to see again on tv. I had a blast last year betting on baseball. It was the most I have made out of any sport season since I started in 2003.

Let's play some ball!
    Geebert sounds like you are one to watch on plays this baseball season, man I can't wait. I wish it was opening day right fuking now.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32787

When capping games, the thing to cap right after the starters first, is the state of each teams bullpens.

Brock nailed it.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Cougar, u guys should come down to the D when ya teams play here, 100% ya will have a blast with me here in Detroit

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Cougar, u guys should come down to the D when ya teams play here, 100% ya will have a blast with me here in Detroit
    Paco I don't see a Tigers/Cubs game on the schedule. I know we played you later year though.

I may be interested in a White Sox/Tigers game but I would have to root for the Tigers in that one.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, this thread got me to wishin...

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    It's easy to bash the Cubs. No doubt. But one day we will win it. And that will be sweeter than any victory in sports history.

Chicago will probably burn, but it will be an amazing experience.

paco

Cougar, Cubs will never win it, let's not kid ourselves

Not in our lifetime.

shaggy3000
    shaggy3000's Avatar Become A Pro!

i hate baseball. might be the only white person in Georgia that does like it. its more fun in the parking lot drinking than the game. but i love to sit there and bet favorites. **** the vig just give me a good pitcher at home and im happy!

shaggy3000
    shaggy3000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post

It's easy to bash the Cubs. No doubt. But one day we will win it. And that will be sweeter than any victory in sports history.

damn Cougar dont care what happens to the cubs. ( think the one guy on here has the av. about the cubs saying every team has a bad century ) but a song from Eddie Vedder i have to endorse!!!!!

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Cougar, Cubs will never win it, let's not kid ourselves

Not in our lifetime.
    Paco the odds are on my side. I mean, I still have a good 50 years if I keep eating all this pork.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1957

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

unfortunately living rather close to chicago, i have to put up with everyone being cubs fans. Every year i swear cubs fans act like they are coming off a world series win and they are the best in baseball. I went to lou's last game last year (because im a braves fan) and cannot believe the amount of classless people there, i was surrounded by a fat ass who could barley sit in the seat, a guy cheating on his wife (who actually got a call from his wife during the game while he was with his girlfriend), a guy wearing black leather pants and no shirt. and a family who was extremely embarrased because their 45 yr old dad was wasted off old style and tried to fight me for cheering for the braves. not to mention the score board sucks, every cubs fan always talks about how its original, its not.

ah it felt good to let that rant out, one good thing about being a cubs fan, is theres some decent looking girls there who have extremely low selfesteem, gotta if you've followed the cubs for any period of time, and atleast your not a phillys fan.

but yes i do agree with you on the aspect of baseball, i love it

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    unfortunately living rather close to chicago, i have to put up with everyone being cubs fans. Every year i swear cubs fans act like they are coming off a world series win and they are the best in baseball. I went to lou's last game last year (because im a braves fan) and cannot believe the amount of classless people there, i was surrounded by a fat ass who could barley sit in the seat, a guy cheating on his wife (who actually got a call from his wife during the game while he was with his girlfriend), a guy wearing black leather pants and no shirt. and a family who was extremely embarrased because their 45 yr old dad was wasted off old style and tried to fight me for cheering for the braves. not to mention the score board sucks, every cubs fan always talks about how its original, its not.

ah it felt good to let that rant out, one good thing about being a cubs fan, is theres some decent looking girls there who have extremely low selfesteem, gotta if you've followed the cubs for any period of time, and atleast your not a phillys fan.

but yes i do agree with you on the aspect of baseball, i love it
    Well, the point of the thread was that I couldn't wait for baseball to begin, and how it has affected me as a person. Some other posters turned it into something about the Cubs, which wasn't my intention. Yes I posted Cubs photos and clips and such but the guts of the post were feelings about baseball. In fact, I don't think I even mentioned the Cubs other than the photos.

Anyway, like I said, it's real easy to bash the Cubs. It's kinda like bashing George W. Bush. I mean seriously, it's kinda pointless at this stage. Everyone knows the score, knows what has happened, etc. Wrigley is special to me. It's not the best ballpark by a mile, but it does have history and a certain "charisma" to it. No, I am not talking about the pee troughs in the men's room. Yeah you have idiots who are more concerned with boozing than they are the game. But you do have people in the stands, Braves fan. Every day. Packed. On a Tuesday at 1:20.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5224

how can you stay a cubs fan with that curse. futility and heartbreak.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Baseball is great to watch live or during the playoffs.

I remember Schill walking the bases loaded then striking out the side in a one run game at the old Vet. Man was he a monster!

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I respect your love for the game but I have to disagree with the OP. Most of the baseball games are not exciting. The regular season games mean absolutely nothing even though it always comes down to the last week in some division. I am glad it comes though because there would be a long time without any sports if not for baseball but it is the worst of the big 3 sports by a long shot. That's just my opinion though.

brucethebear
    brucethebear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep - cannot wait for the season to start.

BtB

Wreckloose
    Wreckloose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17200

I usually fall asleep when I try to watch on tv, maybe 2-3 inning and wake up in 7th or 8th. Not a bad way to watch a game.

paco

Wonder what Tigers situation will be regarding Cabrera. He's the best player in the league right now IMO, we need him focused out there.

Woulda loved for Dombrowski to try to sign Dunn, but guess we gonna be playing against him quite abit

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

I'll never forget when I had D-Backs at home, +180 against the Yankees. Yanks were leading by 1, either bottom of 9th or end of Extra Innings and Yanks bring in Rivera, my nemesis, to close. He lets 3 men on base with zero outs. So I assume D-Backs get at least 1 automatic run, to make my wager safe. But this fukk Rivera, after letting 3 men on base with 0 out, gets the next three out and gets the save, and all the fukks on Yanks -200 get the win. Makes me so furious.

Metalhead
    Metalhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

I'm a sports junkie, so a big reason I love baseball is because they play 6 or 7 days a week. You never have to wait 3 days to watch your team rebound from a loss.

From a gambling perspective, 12-15 games a day split into a range of starting times is great.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by Chimneyfish View Post
    Can't wait.

thats what im talking about...GIANTS

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

not a fan of baseball at all...id rather watch ping pong
    Last edited by the_situation; 02-21-11 at 03:43 AM.

Bo$$ Bet$
    Bo$$ Bet$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Chhheeeaaaa

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Baseball is a patient man's game for sure. There are those moments though, when all the waiting in the world is worth it.

And Metalhead hit it spot on from the gambler's perspective. It doesn't get much better, as long as you can manage your streaks.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by Chimneyfish View Post
    Can't wait.

Love this shot, just made it my desktop background

Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

baseball is my fav sport cant wait for the season to start and red sox to take it all

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Get your Phillies futures in now

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasFunke View Post
    Get your Phillies futures in now
    Probably one of the single greatest starting rotations on paper, ever.

You know what that means.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32787

You know what that means.
    Madsen setting up Lidge is an epic fail?

First 12