Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I'm working on a trade between Texas and the Mets.

Since Michael Young wants to be traded, I want to get him on the Mets in a deal for Beltran. I need help.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

There's no way you can pull that off.

TExas would prefer a SP.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    There's no way you can pull that off.

TExas would prefer a SP.
    Nobody has a Starting Pitcher to move, especially to take on a big contract of either player. Teams interested in Young want Texas to eat a huge part of his salary.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Carlos Beltran? Really?! Why would Texas want his stinking bat and contract as opposed to keeping a very versatile guy like Young? I really think the Rangers would be better off keeping Young than making a trade.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    Carlos Beltran? Really?! Why would Texas want his stinking bat and contract as opposed to keeping a very versatile guy like Young? I really think the Rangers would be better off keeping Young than making a trade.
    Beltran is a switch hitter, that is off the books after one year and he'll put up better offensive numbers at the DH position if you decide to use him there. (Full seasons he puts up to 30 hrs and steals over 20 sb.) Young wants a position on the field. He's not happy.

If Texas were smart, they'd put Beltran in right and DH Cruz. Cruz cost them games with his defense. The one game against the Yankees in the regular season was putrid.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Well if you can work it out where the Mets pay at least half of Beltran's salary and don't want Texas to pay any of Young's contract that runs through 2013, you might have something. Otherwise, the Rangers are better served keeping Young and having more defensive options in the infield in case of injury. If Young gets into the lineup 140 games, he's not going to be so unhappy cashing his checks.