Mr. Jones
    Mr. Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anybody Find A Replacement For Phil Erwin's Stats Material?

Phil was an old childhood friend of mine and as such over the years I got a huge discount on his statistical publications such as his Baseball Insight Annual and many other real helpful material he published some of which in latter years would come to your email address bi-weekly if I remember correctly.

His stuff, IMO, was extremely helpful especially his piching logs. Since he retired several years ago, I've done without. I'm sure however, that somebody has stepped into the void. His pitching logs were, as I said, very valuable.

I'm sure some of you guys received his material and might know if someome out there has picked up the baton so to speak.

For those of you unfamiliar with Phil, he was absolutely no tout. He was a talented, hard working near genius mathemetician and statistical guru who happened to be a fanatical baseball fan since before he went to high school. Real nice guy too.

badnews25
    badnews25's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel the same way, just contacted Phil and he is doing well. I asked him if he knew of any comparable products because I really miss his books but he couldn't help me. It is a shame because I felt they were invaluable,if anyone could help me find a comparable product I would really appreciate it. Thanks