fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wednesday Value Plays

I went 0-2 -3.00 Units. I'm hoping to reverse my fortunes today.

1*Pirates +200
    Pros: Randy Johnson should not be getting this much chalk. Karstens was a decent pitcher in the Yankee organization and I think he will have success against the Dbacks today. While the Pirates' offense may not be as good, they can still get enough runs for a win.

Cons: Pirates bullpen.

2*Marlins +135
    Pros: Anibal Sanchez was great in his first start off the DL. While there still are risks of him underperforming, Kyle Kendrick is an awful pitcher. Kendrick is 1-2 with a 5.40 ERA in his last five home starts. Kendrick's only start against the Marlins this season didn't go nearly as well. He gave up a season-high seven earned runs and 10 hits over 4 1-3 innings at Florida in a 9-5 loss July 19.

Cons: Sanchez is 0-1 with a 10.61 ERA in two starts versus Philly.

no chance in hell
    no chance in hell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

Like them both. Hopefully can get a split at worst.

fifawcs

Yeah, I figure if I go 1-1 im still doing fine. I think this can go 2-0.

ico2525
    ico2525's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Yes, Pirates +200 is a good pick. I hope to see out of Jeff Karstens this afternoon what we saw out of Chris Waters last night against the Angels.

Karstens has what it takes to fool the D'Backs. He pitched 6 innings last season after coming off an injury playing with the Yankees. Even though he allowed 5 hits, he didn't allow a single run. The Pirates beat the Cubs that game 3-0. Again, like I said, I feel I can compare this Pirates game to the O's and Halos game last night. Pittsburgh wins straight up.

fifawcs

Also, it is always a good idea to bet against a sweep. In this case, it seems like Karstens can deliver. He was amazing in the offseason when he was pitching in one of those independent leagues. He had some potential but the Yanks wanted Nady and Marte so they let him go.

Brady2Moss
    Brady2Moss's Avatar Become A Pro!