Mike Rose
    Mike Rose's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yanks/'Gers 8/5

You had to go all the way back to July 19th of 2005 to find the last time the Rangers defeated the Yankees in their own ballpark. Last nights exhilarating walk-off win snapped a string of 10 straight defeats at the hands of the Bronx Bombers in Arlington.

The Rangers have been a fantastic story in 2008 making us a pretty penny to date ($1600+), but we all know they just don't have the pitching to compete for the wild card this season. That said; the Yanks own a major pitching advantage this evening with Pettitte going up against this Harrison kid who impressed early, but hasn't fooled anyone since (19 hits , 17 runs allowed with a K/BB ratio of 3/11 L/3 starts).

Andy got rocked his last time out against the red-hot Halos, but before that gave up a total of 2 runs through 14 innings vs. BOS and OAK. He's also 7-3 with a tidy little 3.50 ERA on the road in 11 starts this season.

The Yanks were tremendously overpriced last night with Joba going up against Texas' ace Padilla. However, they look to be underpriced in this spot as I thought they'd be in the -185 to 200 range with the vet going up against the rook. Nobody likes choking on all the chalk in MLB, but it takes money to make money in this league at times, and the Yanks look to be in a very ripe spot to reel in some profits tonight.

What y'all think?

johnnymapalo
    johnnymapalo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 928

I think Yankees win this one by 2-4 runs easily. I think Petite will handle the Tex and yanks will kill the rookie for texas...

Mike Rose

I hope were both right JMap, and thanks for adding your 2 cents to the thread...

juuso
    juuso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I think you're right on the money. Yanks are the best side bet of the day IMO.

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

i like the under in this game.

johnnymapalo
    johnnymapalo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 928

Quote Originally Posted by Pick'nParlays View Post
    i like the under in this game.
    hmm, I like the unders as well. I like the score to be like 6-3 or 7-2.. Harrisson will be hit hard but I don't think NY will run up the score..

Mike Rose

Yes, both teams haven't hit as well against lefties this season, but betting anything under the total in the dead of summer at the launchingpad otherwise known as Arlington is playing with fire.

I would be shocked to see Pettitte get rocked in back-to-back starts knowing he allowed just 14 ER's in his previous nine starts before Thursday's massacre against the Halos, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Yanks were able to flex their offensive muscles against this Harrison kid. If his control is off like its been his L/3 starts, the Yanks will hit him hard and the runs will come in bunches.

Then again, he could come out throwing like Nolan Ryan and toss a no-no, but we both know that ain't happening....

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

Good write up Mike.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

yanks suck
    go tex

nysmoneyman
    nysmoneyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

texas +2.5 (-150)

Mike Rose

Rangers showed a ton of moxie tonight wiggling out of numerous hairy situations. Harrison's recent form showed no indication of a start like that (6+ IP, 5 hits, 2 ER, 3/3 K/BB ratio), but he got a ton of help from the Yanks offense that hit into mumerous DP's. The chalk hit hurts, but not as much as it hurt up in Toronto where Street failed to seal the deal due to the 9th inning heroics of Rod "freaking" Barajas who came up with a clutch dub to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Gotta hand it to the portly righty as he's come up with tons of clutch hits throughout his career.

Just gotta turn the page and attack tomorrows card...