Metalhead
    Metalhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

Jays trade Napoli to Texas for F. Francisco

I don't really like this trade for Toronto. They lose their insurance policy at catcher.

Muddy
    Muddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3671

Meanwhile in Anaheim... they've acquired Wells' contract.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    who cares?

theres no cap in mlb

if the owner wants to pay why should we care

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

They trust the young J.P. Arencibia. Guy had a kickass first game then faded. Spring training in help him a lot.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

i wonder if Alex Anthopoulos is working toward another trade, great on unloading Wells, but don't get this deal or the Marcum trade either

Metalhead
    Metalhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    i wonder if Alex Anthopoulos is working toward another trade, great on unloading Wells, but don't get this deal or the Marcum trade either
    As far as another trade goes, Anthopoulos said in a radio interview on Tuesday he didn't see anything major happening. He said a minor trade involving a bench player is a possibility, but that's it.

The Marcum trade was more about getting Lawrie. Apparently Lawrie had been coveted by the Jays for some time. Marcum became expendable with all the young arms coming up from the minors, combined with the fact he was due a big raise.

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    They trust the young J.P. Arencibia. Guy had a kickass first game then faded. Spring training in help him a lot.
    Exactly. I like this kid a lot. Expecting great things from him in the future.

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Good move for Texas here lol. Really not sure if I like this move for Toronto, but at least Alex is making moves and not just playing the offseason passively.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead View Post
    As far as another trade goes, Anthopoulos said in a radio interview on Tuesday he didn't see anything major happening. He said a minor trade involving a bench player is a possibility, but that's it.
    Yea but if you listen to alex at all, hes been saying this every time he makes a move, then a few weeks later, there's some sort of trade lol. I would not count the jays as done. Jays still need a DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead View Post
    The Marcum trade was more about getting Lawrie. Apparently Lawrie had been coveted by the Jays for some time. Marcum became expendable with all the young arms coming up from the minors, combined with the fact he was due a big raise.
    Also if you watched the end of season special on the Jays 2010 season, there were many clues that led me to believe it was only a mater of time before Marcum was shipped out.