Mike Rose
    Mike Rose's Avatar Become A Pro!

Redbirds/Bravos 7/29

So the Cardinals rolled up and smoked the Braves in the first of their four-game set last night, and they find themselves dogged against the Braves in Game 2. Sure, Campillo has been a nice surprise for B. Cox and the B's brass this year, but he's pitching on one days rest after watching his start get washed out on Sunday in Philly. I know he only went 1+ in that start, but he's going up agaisnt a Redbirds squad that knows it can improve in the standings with CHC and MIL duking it out without a number of the big bats in the Braves line-up. On top of that, Wellemeyer's been better away from Busch (2-0 3.31 ERA) than in it .

Unfortunately the line posted at Covers isn't correct, and STL only sits +115-120. This looks like an extreme value play to me.....what about you guys?

Kingctb27
    Kingctb27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rose View Post
    So the Cardinals rolled up and smoked the Braves in the first of their four-game set last night, and they find themselves dogged against the Braves in Game 2. Sure, Campillo has been a nice surprise for B. Cox and the B's brass this year, but he's pitching on one days rest after watching his start get washed out on Sunday in Philly. I know he only went 1+ in that start, but he's going up agaisnt a Redbirds squad that knows it can improve in the standings with CHC and MIL duking it out without a number of the big bats in the Braves line-up. On top of that, Wellemeyer's been better away from Busch (2-0 3.31 ERA) than in it .

Unfortunately the line posted at Covers isn't correct, and STL only sits +115-120. This looks like an extreme value play to me.....what about you guys?

Indeed it looks really good. Brian McCann is out as well. So it's pretty much Tex and that is about it tonight.

Lets go CARDS

jtuck
    jtuck's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pitching matchup favors braves, hitting favors cards. no play, but if i had to make a pic it would be the cards

Mike Rose

Indeed it looks as cut and dry as pitching goes to the home team while hitting goes to the Cards, but there's more to it than that. Never really seen a pitcher start only a day later even if it was minimal work, and Atl's lack of sticks along with the news that Hudson now has ligamint damage leads me to believe this club will lean towards a downward spiral sooner rather than later.

The fact that STL can also gain ground with a win looks to be the gravy on top of what looks to be one of the best plays on tonight's board.

Only time will tell....good luck fellas!!!

Mike Rose

Back up the truck fellas!!! Another bat eliminated from the Braves offense tonight with Big Tex just getting shipped to Anaheim. The Redbirds have nobody to blame but themselves for not getting the job done in this spot now!!! LaRussa will have them ready.

.....also take a look at the Red Sox to finally take one from the Halos who might be a bit shaken up after longtime teammate Kotchman just got sent to the NL....

Kingctb27
    Kingctb27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Time to bet on Cards more now... Tex gone as well.

Mike Rose

By no means the cakewalk I expected, but a victory nonetheless...proving once again nothing's as easy as it looks on paper.

Congrats to those who played along....until manana!!!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

How about them Jayhawks!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Oh and welcome.

Mike Rose

Been one heck of a year for my alma mater LT, and thanks for the shout-out!!!