Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

40ish days away to the regular season start!

I'm salivating for baseball to start, let's hope I don't disappoint this time.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

lets hope you dominate

mlb

win totals up for a few days now ... looking forward to it .. might have a few futures or comments about them ... come on baseball season!!!!!

feels like its far away again with this dump of snow that wisco got hit with

mlb

Watching MLB network right now cuz I'm officially I baseball mode

mlb

6 days til i depart for arizona for some season scouting

mlb

Brewers game today

Pauulzcappin

mlb

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    My week is looking good. .. a few Brewers games. ... a cubs, giants, angels game complimented by a badgers Belmont first round NCAA tournament matchup in Tucson on Thursday

mlb

My spring training experience is over and it went way too.fast. ... Only positive is That regular season is right around the corner

mlb

hoping to have some final predictions up soon and maybe some futures

mlb

The Brewers have a pretty decently hard schedule to start the year... 20 of their first 35 games are against teams with winning percentages over .500 last year... this is a little skewed because numerous teams made deals that drastically changed their outlook but my point is with injuries to Braun, Hart, Marcum and Greinke all apparent this offseason a competitive start is a must .. you do not wanna fall too far between in a division as deep as the NL Central... If the Brewers can make it to the end of May with an above .500 record look for them to be right in the hunt come August

mlb

threw a unit on the O's

mlb

cash first preseason play of the season haha

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

You are hitting 100% Best of luck this year.!

Pauulzcappin

Getting closer!

mlb

Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post
    You are hitting 100% Best of luck this year.!
    haha I wish I could hit that all the time!!!!! haha thanks to you as well

mlb

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Getting closer!
    yessss baseball is buzzing everywhere and I am loving it

mlb

Games against teams with records of .500 or better last year:

Cubs: 9 of first 31
    Rockies: 6 of first 37 (all verse San Fran)
    Phillies: 7 of first 31
    Reds: 6 of first 37

If you look to bet on these teams early in the year prepare to pay a premium on them with the crappy teams that they will be playing as well as the premium with their name recognition.

mlb

1 week from now we will be watching some opening day baseball!

mlb

Thursday is so close I can taste it! Anyone know if MLBtv will have a opening day game on? cuz espn has 3 of them

mlb

tomorrow last day before it begins!

gonna post predictions and maybe some prop futures who knows .. nothing too crazy

cant wait!

GGZOLA
    GGZOLA's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL MLB, if your capping is as solid as your avatar, we are in for a treat.

mlb

Quote Originally Posted by GGZOLA View Post
    GL MLB, if your capping is as solid as your avatar, we are in for a treat.
    ahhha! hope it is cuz the Packers are the shittttt! thanks and good luck to you as well

mlb

Final Predictions: I had some up earlier in the off season but I have tweaked them a little, these are just for kicks and they are based off nothing but some analysis and my own gut. I really don't spend too much time on these because they virtually mean nothing.

American League Predictions:
    AL East:
    Red Sox**
    Toronto (Wild Card)
    Yanks
    Rays
    Orioles

AL Central:
    White Sox**
    Tigers
    Twins
    Royals
    Indians

AL West:
    Athletics**
    Rangers
    Angels
    Mariners

mlb

National League Predictions:
    NL East:
    Phillies**
    Marlins
    Braves
    Mets
    Nationals

NL Central:
    Brewers**
    Reds (Wild Card)
    Cards
    Cubs
    Astros
    Pirates

NL West:
    Rockies**
    Dodgers
    Giants
    Padres
    D'Backs

mlb

Playoffs:

I really think coming out of the AL can be no other team then the Red Sox barring the truly unpredictable. It would be unfair to say that if the Sox get injured they will not make the World Series..... DUH!!... If any team goes through major injury problems they have undoubtedly a harder time winning the pennant. I don't believe in this argument at all therefore I don't see anyone with the talent to compete. They were second in the world in runs scored last year before they added a new 3 and 4 hitter! Adding a 3 and 4 to any lineup would help but how about a team that was second in the majors in runs. I will side with this and say that their pitching has to be efficient no doubt, but led by Lester I think there is no doubt they can make a serious run.

Coming out of the NL I will be taking the Milwaukee Brewers in what is truly an all or nothing year. They unloaded their whole god damn farm system to retool for this season, funny how it's in Prince's contract year also. They are loaded as well. They have a few questions in the back end of their lineup but they don't need Betancourt and whoever wins the catching job to hit .300. They just need these guys to get a few timely hits and not be a 1,2,3 every time up that is key. The runs are going to come no doubt. Hart will be back sooner then later and I think they will manage before he comes back. Pitching has been the problem with this team for years and years and everyone always said well think if they have pitching... Now they do! They have added a CY Young award winner and a AL East stud to mix with Yovani (very underrated despite control issues) and innings eaters at the end of the rotation. (Wolf and Narveson) Another huge question mark was their bullpen which they did a great job retooling in the last part of the year with Axford becoming their everyday closer and the likes of Loe and others to be very valuable pieces coming out of the bullpen. Too many innings was a major problem for this bullpen last year as well as the past as they have been overworked terrible due to a weak starting staff. Adding Marcum and Greinke, innings eater in themselves, that should reduce the amount of innings the pen needs to put in thus making them a lot fresher and stronger all season. With this pick of the Brewers in the World Series you are getting a little bias from myself, but you are also getting some perspective from someone who has been to close to 10-15 games each season and watched the rest on tv. I know this virtually means nothing which it does and it can because I'm on an internet forum, but I truly think that BARRING major injuries the Brewers have the pieces to compete. The likes of a hangover from the Giants and Reds and the massive set back of the Wainwright injury also helps this argument.

World Series Prediction:
    Red Sox over Brewers in 6.

mlb

Just a few other things before the season starts tomorrow:

I most likely have a smaller bankroll then most people out here so there is no doubt my unit is smaller then other peoples and I don't really mind. I play with what I am comfortable with and I won't lie and say it is more than it is. This small bankroll also does not allow me to play any crazy bomb type plays. I am in no means a professional better or pretend to be. I am a huge baseball fan and like to wager on games. I only have one season which was last year were I have a documented record and although I was +38 units I really cannot guarantee anything this year just that I am hopeful! I am open to all criticism, hopefully constructive, as we are on an internet forum where freedom of speech is awesome but if you are too negative I will probably just ignore you...... anything else you want to know just ask, let's get it going. I know I am playing the Tigers, have been on them for a few days... I'm getting a crappy line with my local so just seeing if I can get it up a little closer to game time.

Good luck to all and I'm hoping to get people to share in here.

Blueline Master
    Blueline Master's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

baseball is my favorite sports to bet.. Can't WaiT!

mlb

Quote Originally Posted by Blueline Master View Post
    baseball is my favorite sports to bet.. Can't WaiT!
    same here ... good luck man!

mlb

I'm not advertising but I like to play hitting BTS on mlb.com so I will keep track of it my picks in my thread. Anyone can share their pick or their streak in here as well. Let's try to win that 5,000,000

mlb

BTS:

#1 Joey Votto - Opening day in Cinnci coming off of an MVP season, I think Votto gets a hit tomorrow verse either Yo or the bullpen later in the game.

mlb

Future that i thought was interesting:

More Wins-

Carpenter +1.5 (-160)
    Lester -1.5 (+140)

I would roll with Lester on this one. I don't think there is any way Carpenter makes it through a whole season plus I will take Lesters offense over the Cards which in the end can add in a few wins. Like the plus money as well. Don't play futures because I don't like to have money tied up that long but like it.

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by mlb View Post
    BTS: #1 Joey Votto - Opening day in Cinnci coming off of an MVP season, I think Votto gets a hit tomorrow verse either Yo or the bullpen later in the game.
    nice! completely forgot about BTS!

mlb

Opening day!

One of the best days of the year and I love it. I like all 3 of the early plays and I am going to put a unit on each one... that will most likely be it for me but I do like the Dodgers line tonight, Giants getting a lot of love and Kershaw is no slouch. I will not always do write ups but I thought I would toss out mini ones!

Tigers +131 (1u) - I love getting plus money on Verlander. I understand they are playing the Yanks at home verse CC but I do like fading CC to begin the year as he has statistically struggled early. I know Verlander has but he is tearing up the spring with a 3-0 .96 ERA. He is determined to get off to a great start. I also think I'm getting decent value getting the discount by fading the Yanks. The wind is blowing in and the weather is awful so granted they get this game in I like the Tigers to slap the ball around the field more then the power hitting Yanks.

Nationals +128 (1u) - I'm playing the Nats at home on opening day with Livan on the hill verse Derek Lowe. I like the fact that Livan is on the hill because every time out he has a chance to go 7-8 innings even so early in the year. If he can grind through those innings we are less likely to see the struggling Nats bullpen early. Lowe on the other hand is more like other starting pitchers and could go a few innings less then mid season form which hopefully means the Braves shaky bullpen comes into play. I also like all the off season talk on the Braves which juiced up their line a tad.

Milwaukee -103 (1u) - Fading the Central division champs almost simply because they are the champs and am hoping for a little hangover this year, not by any means saying it will come in the first game haha! I like Yo on the hill in this one as he has been tearing up the spring... I think Yo has something to prove this year as everyone seems to be talking about the two new pitchers they brought it. Yo has something to prove that he is still number 1 in this rotation and beating the defending NL champs would be nothing better. Also kind of wondering how this line is nearly a pick em with the Reds coming off of a title and Volquez on the hill.

I will be rolling with these 3 plays and see what happens. If they don't turn out no worries, it will only be 3 units nearly at plus money. Let's hope I can hit 2 of 3. Good luck to all! PLAY BALL!!!
    Last edited by mlb; 03-31-11 at 11:30 AM. Reason: didn't include unit for nationals

mlb

First loss in the books will be plenty more ... was watching the brewers game and turn back on the yanks to see curtis go yard ... awesome phil coke

First 12345 ... Last