blittydeuce
    blittydeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

Pirates trade Nady and Marte

PITTSBURGH -- Pirates right fielder Xavier Nady and reliever Damaso Marte have been traded from the club.

Though the team confirmed a trade, the Pirates have not revealed where Nady and Marte are going or whom the club is getting in return. According to the Pirates, those details will be revealed following medical evaluations of the players.

Though unconfirmed, the Yankees have been speculated as being on the other side of the deal.

Nady started Friday's game and was removed after one inning. Television cameras caught Marte hugging his teammates in the dugout in the second inning, apparently shortly after learning the news.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seems like Ian Kennedy is the involved in the trade.

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

No he isn't. The Yanks would never trade Kennedy. Now the Yanks are gonna be sick. I just picked up Nady for my fantasy team and dropped Ellsbury. I know it sounds crazy but it will be good.

moneyline
    moneyline's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not that sick ... Nady is not a Yankee hitter ... look at his career stats ... plenty of K's, not too many walks ... having a career year as a 30+ year old ... and Marte is a left handed pitcher who gets righties out better than he gets lefties out ...

I'd rather see Nady than Gardner, but he is still a major downgrade from what they had the beginning of the season ... Matsui ...

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Quote Originally Posted by fifawcs View Post
    No he isn't. The Yanks would never trade Kennedy. Now the Yanks are gonna be sick. I just picked up Nady for my fantasy team and dropped Ellsbury. I know it sounds crazy but it will be good.
    I have him on my fantasy team as well. His stats should only get better hitting in that Yankees lineup.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

the yanks would not deal kennedy? well considering what i have seen they should
    i think they win that division now

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3505686

This seems to be it. Kontos seems to have a decent upside, and Tabata is 19 and playing in Double A (albeit not very well), Ohlendorf can go either way, but has good stuff, and Coke is a AAAA pitcher for the future.