fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Friday Value Plays

I went 0-1 -1.00 units today. I'm really liking tomorrow's card.

Pirates -120
    Pros: The Pirates have one of the better offenses in the league. The padres have one of the worst. Expect the pirates to blow them out as Baek is hardly the pitcher that the guy the padres sent to the mound today. Padres do not hit lefties very well and Duke has a 3+ era at home.

Cons: Pirates Bullpen.

Angels -126
    Pros: Joe Saunders is looking for another win to augment his already impressive record. Brian Burres has problems pitching at home. The Angels are a great road team and have more success against lefties. Take the overall better team.

Cons: The orioles also hit lefties well.

Tigers -120
    Pros: While Nate Robertson has not had the best season, he is not the worst pitcher at Comerica. He is facing the awful road starter in Gavin Floyd. The White Sox struggle against lefties. Take the hot offense right now.

Cons: Tiger's pen

Clueless_Norway
    Clueless_Norway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Like all of them, but I got a bad feeling on the Angels as the O's have too win soon after beeing sweept in a 4 game series by the Jays...

GL

fifawcs

I know what you're saying, but Burres is bad at home and the Angels are good on the road.

Clueless_Norway

Two good point, but I won't bet on or against the O's before the get a win... As some people says way to often, their "due" for a win... Sooner or later, I think it's a risky one, but the stats and the teams recent results is on the Angels so I won't say it's a bad play...

fifawcs

But now you are letting your emotions get the best of you. I like Angels. But I like the Pirates even more. I'm considering wagering more than 1 unit on them but it goes against my principles.

Clueless_Norway

Im not a O's fan and I like the Angels a bit as a baseball fan cause they are a good road team, but I think it's a scarry one... If the O's got 1 of 4 against the Jays i'v been all over the Angels...
    I realy like the Pirates too... The only think that worries me is Dukes 12+ ERA in his L3, but again it's against the Padres offence... The Pirates should give him good run support too... Don't think I can let the Pirates pass. Hard enough to let one good bet pass cause of bad feelings... lol

beaneaters
    beaneaters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2031

I say ride the Pirates' offence while it lasts. I'm considering a runline play on them.

fifawcs

I went against my principles and put 2 units on the Pirates.

ICE-BLOOD
    ICE-BLOOD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7620

laa look good
    zach duke pitching horribly, dont like pirates

Kingctb27
    Kingctb27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never bet on the lessor starting pitcher! Floyd is much better than Robertson.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by fifawcs View Post
    I went against my principles and put 2 units on the Pirates.
    The Pirates pick is a gift. I played them but didn't list it in my best bets because it's no bet. The Padres won't get more than 2 runs and the Pirates won't score less than 3.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

Quote Originally Posted by fifawcs View Post
    Padres do not hit lefties very well
    Adrian Gonzalez is batting .204 vs lefties....

fifawcs

I think it is a great bet. Zach Duke is pretty good at home. I've never been sold on Baek and the Padres are a AAA team.

King, I think you should know that the White Sox are not a very good road team and the Tigers are looking to gain some ground.

fifawcs

This will teach me never to bet more than 1 unit on any bet. Even if it seems like a sure thing.