Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Posada back on DL for Yanks

Posada back on DL for second time this season

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/836****?MSNHPHMA

NEW YORK (AP) - The New York Yankees placed Jorge Posada on the 15-day disabled list Monday with an injured right shoulder, leaving the All-Star catcher's season in doubt.

Posada was scheduled to see New York Mets medical director Dr. David Altchek on Tuesday to get an MRI and to have his shoulder examined. He missed over a month earlier this season with right rotator cuff tendinitis, and could opt to have season-ending surgery.

"It's just really, really tough," Posada said. "Right now, I'm going through tough times."

Posada said he was planning on starting a rehab program Monday before discussing his options with Altchek. Posada, who acknowledged more damage in his shoulder beyond an injured labrum, could miss part of next season if he waits to have surgery.

Johnny Damon was activated from the disabled list and was in the starting lineup for the Yankees' game against the Minnesota Twins. Damon injured his left shoulder when he ran into the fence attempting to catch a ball on July 4.

Damon was the designated hitter against the Twins and might not be able to play in the outfield for a few days.

Yankees manager Joe Girardi also said outfielder Hideki Matsui, out with a sore left knee, was examined again Monday and decided against surgery.

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's good thing the Yankees have a pretty good backup catcher in Jose Molina. He may not hit for as high of average, but he can get the occasional clutch hit and throwout a crapload of baserunners.

moneyline
    moneyline's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a godsend. Teams like the Rays and Angels can run all day and with Molina behind the plate, throwing runners out at a 48% clip, they won't be able to ... come playoff time, that will be crucial.

(and yes, I am assuming the Yanks will make the playoffs ... every season since 1994 will do that to you)

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

posada has been worthless all year, this is good news for nyy

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

From the sounds of it, seems like you guys are rooting for him to miss the entire year instead of the 15 days.

ryanXL977

doesnt matter to me
    nyy may make the loffs without him if they just start to hit
    as long as bosox or yanks dont go to the series, i am happy

EagesBets
    EagesBets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Posada is my boy, but he's been struggling. Probably a blessing in disguise

ryanXL977

he was a bad ass last yr
    total bad ass