Dashwood Clipper
    Dashwood Clipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Final Round British open

+270 Harrington
    +341 Norman
    +425 Choi
    +2000 Wakefield
    Who wins it, I have some money on Norman.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Norman wins, he is a veteran, and the fact that the conditions are so bad makes it nearly impossible for someone several strokes back to win unless the leaders shoot high tomorrow. These elements are bad enough to pretty much wipe away the chance of someone going low. Norman has putted well and a 2 shot lead is a pretty big lead in those conditions trust me. I know he has not faired well in his career when going into the final round in major championships but I just think he knows he didn't expect to play this well or be where he is at so he doesn't have the pressure like he did back years ago. I am also going to back him, look for him to play well enough on sunday to win. But I like him at this price with a 2 shot lead in these conditions.

awholelottalumps
    awholelottalumps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Got Norman to win it.

I've got $144.26 to win $440 on Greg Norman.If Norman comes through it will save my ass.Those were good odds at +310,now it's +195.Glad I got it when I did,but he still has to win.Let's hope the shark still has some bite .

unde0087
    Did we win?

given that price with a 2 shot lead and we are talking about a guy who has won a open championship and his experience in conditions like this, i think it is a no brainer

head_strong
    head_strong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

Harrington+270....Throw out all the media factors (Norman works on his volley now more than his game, Harrington is playing despite a wrist injury that would normally keep him out, ect) blah blah blah....it's the final round of a major in unpredictable weather we all have seen what can happen. I look at it like this Padraig Harrington is the 12th ranked player in the world and Greg Norman is the 211th ranked player in the world, Padraig has played in 25 events, Norman has played 5 events, Padraig was in this position last year, as it's been 15 years for Norman since he was last in this position. Having a 2 stroke lead in this weather could be big, if he can play defensive and chase par he has a chance. Avoiding early doubles that might surrender the lead is key because I don't see him having the energy to climb back.

woodg8
    woodg8's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm thinking Harrington to be top Brit at -160 is good value. Thoughts?

awholelottalumps

I've got $344 on Greg Norman to win it for $923.I admit I'm taking a huge gamble here and if he doesn't come through I'm ****ed.This will save my ass if he can pull this out.I'm all in on Norman to win and will have either $1,267 or 0 if he doesn't..
    Last edited by awholelottalumps; 07-20-08 at 05:29 AM.

BadBeatBodog
    BadBeatBodog's Avatar Become A Pro!

awholelottalumps I hope you win your bet but if you are fu**ed if you go down $100 why would you bet $273 on this?

awholelottalumps

Quote Originally Posted by BadBeatBodog View Post
    awholelottalumps I hope you win your bet but if you are fu**ed if you go down $100 why would you bet $273 on this?
    Norman has a 2 stroke lead going into the final round and I'm when I saw the odds I had to take a chance with this.He wins and I have a nice bankroll and if he loses I lose $300 that I recently sent so wish me luck,I'm going need it.

head_strong

Quote Originally Posted by awholelottalumps View Post
    I've got $344 on Greg Norman to win it for $923.I admit I'm taking a huge gamble here and if he doesn't come through I'm ****ed.This will save my ass if he can pull this out.I'm all in on Norman to win and will have either $1,267 or 0 if he doesn't..
    GL

unde0087
    Did we win?

it appears once again this year, no one seems to want to win this tournament, it is in the golf god's hands now

Dashwood Clipper

I agree, but backing Norman as I am I am happy that no one took advantage of his terrible start

unde0087
    Did we win?

This could be one of the worst putting displays I have ever seen in my life in a pro tournament. I mean you would think Norman would be able to make 1 putt. Once again Norman chokes himself out. Now it is all up to Harrington for me to get my money back.

Dashwood Clipper

Harringtons tourney to lose now, the shark is done

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey dash
    can i have my 200 back!!! pleeese

head_strong

Quote Originally Posted by head_strong View Post
    Harrington+270....Throw out all the media factors (Norman works on his volley now more than his game, Harrington is playing despite a wrist injury that would normally keep him out, ect) blah blah blah....it's the final round of a major in unpredictable weather we all have seen what can happen. I look at it like this Padraig Harrington is the 12th ranked player in the world and Greg Norman is the 211th ranked player in the world, Padraig has played in 25 events, Norman has played 5 events, Padraig was in this position last year, as it's been 15 years for Norman since he was last in this position. Having a 2 stroke lead in this weather could be big, if he can play defensive and chase par he has a chance. Avoiding early doubles that might surrender the lead is key because I don't see him having the energy to climb back.

awholelottalumps

Quote Originally Posted by head_strong View Post
    I should of put some money on Harrington also and not all of it on Norman.I was fooled by the media once again and it's good to see someone knows what there doing.I certainly don't. Norman's a dinosaur.